MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Thank you for your pictures and swatches stickles!

I find it kinda irritating that the blushes have more of a MSF finish and aren't more like the Sonic Chic ones. It makes the release of the blushes AND the MSFs in this collection kinda pointless because you probably won't need a MSF on top of the CC blushes because they are already shimmery enough.
hmm.gif

I agree they shouldn't have released these both together but it is looking like one 2 blushes will be released after this in the fall collections, I think. But they are making you be sooo selective because most will go for MSF because they are collectibles and leave the blushes, not me, but some will.

And that sucks hard. I would like not to fret over when I will able to get the MSF or MB.

Oh, the Grand Duos sold out here due to the F&F sale.

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
These aren't sheer at all! These are a mix of three lipglasses. They're just as opaque as lipglass, because it is lipglass. They aren't sheer like the cremesheens or the tricolors.

Thanks alot Erin , that really helps ... i want all 3 now lol ...

Face2Mac

If Smooth Merge is a disappointed, I will have no choice but to hunt down Blonde MSF and be prepared to pay out of my arse over for it.

Stickles, your Daft pink looks like it has gold or coral in it like a duochrome finish, your thoughts?

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
^^uhhh...there are six lipglasses, lol! You may really be in trouble!!
th_wink3.gif

hehehehe my list keeps changing , i got improvise off my list bec it looked sheer but now stickles swatches are making me think all over again ...

i love this collection
th_DANCE.gif

kiss

I want made with love, and madly creative lipsticks.

I am not sure if I want:

Style Demon- I like the fact that it has demon in it's name haha.
Cheek and cheerful- how does this compare to earth to earth blush??
Daft Pink- Looks pretty and different from Love rock and pleasantry, but do I really need another pink blush?
Porcelain pink- pretty but I allready have a ton of pink highlighters.

annikay

Thanks to stickles I'm able to drop Improvise, because my beloved Warm Soul (being more neutral in tone) suits me a lot better
th_DANCE.gif
I'm still getting Hand-Finish (I have nothing like it) and Daft Pink (gorgeous, and very different from Gentle). I LOVE comparison swatches, thank you SO much!
th_worship.gif

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
I saw the 131 on sale in Singapore today... for S$76, which comes out to US$52! Is it just me, or does that seem ri-donk-ulously expensive??

im guessing here in NZ it will be about NZD$94, which is about $60 USD. heck! thats why i hate forking out for MAC brushes here. i found a dupe for the 187, and it was only NZD$20, and the quality is the same.

Damn you MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayraphat
stickles, those are the best comparison pics I've EVER seen.

yes.gif

juicy415

i just called the stowntown nordstrom in sf, they r taking preorders and they have it out too. i want to go see them but im so lazy to go out >.>

purplerinne

^^^ yep I already did my preorder with them...

Here are my thoughts on some of the products. I had to hold out my arm until I got home so I could compare with the stuff I already have.

If you have VGV you don't need Madly Creative...they are SO close i couldn't tell a difference.
If you have Petticoat MSF you don't need Smooth Merge. SM is a shade lighter/darker (can't remember lol) than Petticoat. Definately don't need both.
If you have Stark Naked you don't need Daft Pink blush. DP is cooler than SN but still in the same color family. Plus DP is on the frosty side
If you have Intenso you don't need Style Demon. Intenso is brighter but if you buff it down then it's SD...they are both in the same color family.

Cheeky Bronze is in a league of it's own. I swatched it next to Refined, Perfect Topping, and Redhead MSF and none are close.

AjaAbeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy415
i just called the stowntown nordstrom in sf, they r taking preorders and they have it out too. i want to go see them but im so lazy to go out >.>

OOOOOOOH thanks im going to see TODAY!!! its my off day YAAAY!

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
^^^ yep I already did my preorder with them...

Here are my thoughts on some of the products. I had to hold out my arm until I got home so I could compare with the stuff I already have.

If you have VGV you don't need Madly Creative...they are SO close i couldn't tell a difference.
If you have Petticoat MSF you don't need Smooth Merge. SM is a shade lighter/darker (can't remember lol) than Petticoat. Definately don't need both.
If you have Stark Naked you don't need Daft Pink blush. DP is cooler than SN but still in the same color family. Plus DP is on the frosty side
If you have Intenso you don't need Style Demon. Intenso is brighter but if you buff it down then it's SD...they are both in the same color family.

Cheeky Bronze is in a league of it's own. I swatched it next to Refined, Perfect Topping, and Redhead MSF and none are close.

W00t! This saves some more money for me lol, thanks for your take!

zerin

I called Mac Pro in Toronto just now even though I thought they would be closed since it's a holiday (Canada Day) today and they actually picked up. I asked them about the release date for Colour Craft and they said they just took them out TODAY!
pompom.gif

And it will be out in all other stores tomorrow. I hope this info is true for Toronto/Canada folks.
shockt.gif

I might go down there tomorrow or Friday!
th_DANCE.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
^^ yes, that is super pricey, more along the lines of their couture brushes!

Of the people who have already seen Smooth Merge, how does it compare with Blonde from BBR in terms of color and frostiness?

Frostiness I would say Smooth Merge is like the BBR MSF. Swatches Blonde and Smooth Merge next to each other and I do not really see a huge difference. If you use the middle stripe heavily it gets darker, but apart from that....
nope.gif

All the MSF except Sunny by Nature look as frosty as the BBR MSFs.
The MB look and swatch like the Sonic Chic ones with a bit of gold veining.

juicy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjaAbeni
OOOOOOOH thanks im going to see TODAY!!! its my off day YAAAY!

report something back
graucho.gif

kyoto

I just spoke with my MA and they just got their products in and she's busy playing with them. I gave her my list of items and she confirmed that the 131 is $34.00

RayannaBanana

Style Demon or Notable? I want a red but I don't want it to be too bright.
And if you already have Warm Soul to you need Fab-dabulous?

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
My MAC counter just told me this collection is going to be out in the end of july?!?!?!?!?!? WTH!
angry.gif
I was counting the days for the 9th to come. AND they said they won't have Euristocrats collection...why, I have no idea?!?!?
th_confused_new.gif
I'm bummed out. Now I have to wait a whole month for the next collection, so not fair!
ssad.gif

What?! Your MAC counter won't release CC until the end of this month?! That's not fair!
angry.gif
Also, they won't get Euristocrats II? That's not right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerin
I called Mac Pro in Toronto just now even though I thought they would be closed since it's a holiday (Canada Day) today and they actually picked up. I asked them about the release date for Colour Craft and they said they just took them out TODAY!
pompom.gif

And it will be out in all other stores tomorrow. I hope this info is true for Toronto/Canada folks.
shockt.gif

I might go down there tomorrow or Friday!
th_DANCE.gif

Thank you SO much I ran over as soon as I read your post haha! I bought the 226 brush, Triple Fusion, Porcelain Pink, Improvise, Hand Finish and Daft Pink. YUM! The 131 is $48 Canadian. I passed on it. I tried it out but honestly I like my 188 much better for applying mineral blushes/MSFs.