MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboo39
Just called my nordies her in San Diego, they claim the colour craft collection msf's are nordies exclusives only. She said I could can go in and preview but they won't be out until the Anniversary Sale.
angry.gif

Wow, incorrect information all over the place. Colour Craft isn't Nordies only, but it releases on 7/9. Graphic Garden is special for Nordies and will release on 7/17.

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
Wow, incorrect information all over the place. Colour Craft isn't Nordies only, but it releases on 7/9. Graphic Garden is special for Nordies and will release on 7/17.

Unless you're in Canada where its aaaalllllllll scheduled to release on the 9th

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
I saw the 131 on sale in Singapore today... for S$76, which comes out to US$52! Is it just me, or does that seem ri-donk-ulously expensive??

Wow, that is expensive. I need to consider very carefully and will only buy it if it is a good blush brush, which I have been searching for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
They help a lot because now I am 100% sure that I will skip the blushes because their finish looks more like the Grand Duos
yucky.gif
than like the Sonic Chic/perm ones.

I find it kinda irritating that the blushes have more of a MSF finish and aren't more like the Sonic Chic ones. It makes the release of the blushes AND the MSFs in this collection kinda pointless because you probably won't need a MSF on top of the CC blushes because they are already shimmery enough.
hmm.gif

Thanks for pointing that out. I have been thinking of getting a MSF or MB here because they are equally shimmery. They confuse me.
lol.gif

Quote:

Daft Pink does have really gorgeous gold veining, but it doesn't give a strong duochrome effect at all. I find the gold pearl mostly warms up what would otherwise be a cool color.

I should have compared it to my Afterdusk to show that while Afterdusk leaves mainly gold behind with a touch of rose, Daft Pink shows mostly pink with a touch of gold.

DP looks warm in your swatches. I most likely will not get a warm blush because they turn warm on me naturally. Your swatch of DP looks very pretty though!

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
Unless you're in Canada where its aaaalllllllll scheduled to release on the 9th

Ouch, your poor wallet!

allThingsGirl

My list keeps getting smaller and smaller while reading this thread..

Just wondering, for those of you that have many of the MSFs, Sonic Chic MBs, and Grand Duos -- what are you getting? I'm trying to figure out what is unique and different out of these and which are dupes/passable..

So far, I think Cheeky Bronze is back on my list and maybe the brush.

I hope I get to see these in person.

stickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
DP looks warm in your swatches. I most likely will not get a warm blush because they turn warm on me naturally. Your swatch of DP looks very pretty though!

Relative to some of the other pinks in the swatch, DP does look warm, but compared to my warmer pinks, DP is relatively cool, lol, in that it is still a blue-pink rather than a yellow-pink

Yushimi

Those MSF are all mine!! (evil laugh)

Hey everyone
smiles.gif
I missed you all!!
th_hug.gif

How's everyone?

I'm way too excited for this collection because of all those MSF haha

I love the facecharts for this collection!! They are to die for. Especially those green eyeshaodws!
smiles.gif

Oh btw, that's my FOTD. To make up for my disappearance lolz ---> http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/y...8/#post1697243

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy415
i just called my stowntown and wetfield nordstrom they said $40

Did you know that Stonestown will let u pick up ur preorder on the 6th?? YAY 4 days before the official release....gotta love em!

juicy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
Did you know that Stonestown will let u pick up ur preorder on the 6th?? YAY 4 days before the official release....gotta love em!

uhh..
th_confused_new.gif
nope i didnt ask them about that if i could pick it up on the 6th.. did you preorder on the phone?

purplerinne

Quote:
uhh..
th_confused_new.gif
nope i didnt ask them about that if i could pick it up on the 6th.. did you preorder on the phone?

Nope i went to the counter...ask them to release it early to you...the manager was the one who asked if I wanted to pick it up on the 6th or 9th...well, DUH of course the 6th hahahahah

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
Erine & Angelbunny, what brush/implement do you use to do your swatches? They are always so clear and clean. Wondering because I'd like to make my swatch photos a little better down the road.

i use a q-tip for powders and the brush tester wands for glosses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
My MAC counter just told me this collection is going to be out in the end of july?!?!?!?!?!? WTH!
angry.gif
I was counting the days for the 9th to come. AND they said they won't have Euristocrats collection...why, I have no idea?!?!?
th_confused_new.gif
I'm bummed out. Now I have to wait a whole month for the next collection, so not fair!
ssad.gif

where's your counter? at a nordies or a macys? its coming out on the 9th (it hasn't been pushed back), and euristocrats is a store/nordies only collection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Erin, question about Sunny by Nature...it appears from all the pictures we've seen so far to have very limited veining, so do you think there will be MSFs with more of the pink veining available? So far the swatches I've seen make me think it might be possible for some of us pale folk to wear it, if it has ample pink veining to tone down the bronze. Plus the texture of it looks to die for!

Quote:
I'm not Erin, but of the 2 I've seen out as testers in stores in Singapore, neither have much pink veining

you might be able to find one that has a tad more pink, but for the majority of em there isn't much in there.
nope.gif

juicy415

Quote:
Nope i went to the counter...ask them to release it early to you...the manager was the one who asked if I wanted to pick it up on the 6th or 9th...well, DUH of course the 6th hahahahah

hahaha so lucky! uhmm how is the manager? i went there lot of times but i dont know which of them are... lol?

purplerinne

Quote:
hahaha so lucky! uhmm how is the manager? i went there lot of times but i dont know which of them are... lol?

she's great! There are only a couple of them i like..which are the ones that know me LOL but the ones that don't know me...well, let's just say they're not as friendly......

juicy415

Quote:
she's great! There are only a couple of them i like..which are the ones that know me LOL but the ones that don't know me...well, let's just say they're not as friendly......

so whats manager's name?

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
Style Demon or Notable? I want a red but I don't want it to be too bright.
And if you already have Warm Soul to you need Fab-dabulous?

nope.gif
Warm Soul and Fab-dabulous are not close. Warm Soul on me is a nice subtle blush, Fab-dabulous was on my list, but is way too pigmented.

Warm Soul - Mid tone beige with gold pearl

Fab-dabulous - Mid-tone burnt coral with yellow gold veining

No idea about Style Demon and Notable. I guess it boils down to finish. SD is brick red and *very* pigmented, but has the MB finish (shimmery).

sapnap

ouch!! is it out at Tangs already? and the blushes? will probably ask someone to get it from the airport...

stickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
ouch!! is it out at Tangs already? and the blushes? will probably ask someone to get it from the airport...

Do you mean the 131? If so, I saw it and the two blushes as DFS Scotts not at Tangs.

sapnap

Quote:
Do you mean the 131? If so, I saw it and the two blushes as DFS Scotts not at Tangs.

yes
smiles.gif
oh thanks!!