MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

shimmergrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
I just spoke with my MA and they just got their products in and she's busy playing with them. I gave her my list of items and she confirmed that the 131 is $34.00

On the website it is showing at $40...

kinda expensive i think :p

kyoto

That confuses me too, but I'm not going to say a word when I go pick it up if they ring it at $34.00

monter

i'm notsure what to get from this collection...

i'm thinkig at least porcelain pink, since the only MSFs i have are Blonde and Petticoat... and I lovelovelove the way Hand-Finish looks, but i already have Moon River and Well Dressed. do i need another pink?

i was really interested in Smooth Merge as a backup to my Blonde, but by the time i finish Blonde off, there will probably be something else to replace it. (i probably just jinxed myself here.)

a couple of the lippies looked nice, but i'm way more interested in a few from euristocrats, so i'm going to pass.

GlamQueen21

I thought the 131 brush was going to be priced at $34.00. I'm so confused!
th_confused_new.gif

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
What?! Your MAC counter won't release CC until the end of this month?! That's not fair!
angry.gif
Also, they won't get Euristocrats II? That's not right!

I know! I swear my whole day is ruined now, is that weird? I'm just so depressed now
ssad.gif
I was thinking I should call them tomorrow and ask again, if it's someone different from who I spoke to today. Something similar happened when Sugarsweet came out. I'm hoping the MA just didn't know her collections lol. But seriously, I don't work for MAC and sometimes I think I know more about the line and collections than the workers at my counter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
They better not delay this collection. It's the only one I care about til September.
smiles.gif

ME TOO! I've seriously been counting the days for this collection to come out. (I even have the countdown on my calendar lol sad I know)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmergrass
On the website it is showing at $40...

kinda expensive i think :p

I agree! As cute as this brush is, I am putting my foot down
girl_devil.gif
I will NOT get it more than $34. I WANT it, but I know I don't NEED it and since I want so much from this collection akready, I have to stay firm on my $34 limit for the brush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I thought the 131 brush was going to be priced at $34.00. I'm so confused!
th_confused_new.gif

I am too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nope.gif
I WON'T get it if it's not $34. I WON'T
girl_devil.gif
I just won't!
angry.gif

SOMEONE PLEASEEEEE TELL ME IT'S $34????????????????????????

1 UP Mushrooms

If the 131 goes for $48 Canadian it'll most likely be $40 USD because usually they go by the exchange rate of 1.2 for products in general.

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
I know! I swear my whole day is ruined now, is that weird? I'm just so depressed now
ssad.gif
I was thinking I should call them tomorrow and ask again, if it's someone different from who I spoke to today. Something similar happened when Sugarsweet came out. I'm hoping the MA just didn't know her collections lol. But seriously, I don't work for MAC and sometimes I think I know more about the line and collections than the workers at my counter!

ME TOO! I've seriously been counting the days for this collection to come out. (I even have the countdown on my calendar lol sad I know)

I agree! As cute as this brush is, I am putting my foot down
girl_devil.gif
I will NOT get it more than $34. I WANT it, but I know I don't NEED it and since I want so much from this collection akready, I have to stay firm on my $34 limit for the brush!

I am too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nope.gif
I WON'T get it if it's not $34. I WON'T
girl_devil.gif
I just won't!
angry.gif

SOMEONE PLEASEEEEE TELL ME IT'S $34????????????????????????

aww i hope she had her dates mixed up and you get it sooner ... i know we have been waiting for this collection for a long time now ...
yes.gif

kyoto

Hopefully they had the dates mixed up, because they certainly have the price of the brush mixed up. She told me $34.00 for the brush, but maybe she was wrong. I guess we'll all find out when it releases.

abbyquack

We've heard from multiple sources that the 131 is $34, so maybe it's a glitch in mac's site??
th_dunno.gif
Maybe they will fix it before the collection launches in its entirety. Idk I think I would still get it either way, because it's "just" $6 more-- I guess that's worth it to me.

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
We've heard from multiple sources that the 131 is $34, so maybe it's a glitch in mac's site??
th_dunno.gif
Maybe they will fix it before the collection launches in its entirety. Idk I think I would still get it either way, because it's "just" $6 more-- I guess that's worth it to me.

My thoughts exactly Abby. I was wondering if they put the brush up because they had so many customers asking what it looked like and maybe as you say, they'll correct the price next week.

darkishstar

Can someone please compare Fab-dabulous and Gleeful pretty please?

So far, I only want Cheeky Bronze now and Eccentricity. Even Fab-dabulous is creeping off the list because it seems so similar to Gleeful in the swatch pictures.

GlamQueen21

Either way, I'm not complaining about the price of the 131 brush since I'm going to place my order on both the 131 and the 226 brushes tomorrow when I get paid.

stickles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saab
Stickles - love yr comparison pics thank you so much ...
smiles.gif
th_DANCE.gif

daft pink looks soooo pretty .
Improvise doesnt seem sheer at all , did you apply it heavily ?

I did swatch it a bit heavily (but I did with all of the swatches) so that any of them would show up in a photo. That said, I'm wearing Improvise today and it works as a natural peachy blush, so it does give me color (NC25 here), but not OTT color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
If Smooth Merge is a disappointed, I will have no choice but to hunt down Blonde MSF and be prepared to pay out of my arse over for it.

Stickles, your Daft pink looks like it has gold or coral in it like a duochrome finish, your thoughts?

Daft Pink does have really gorgeous gold veining, but it doesn't give a strong duochrome effect at all. I find the gold pearl mostly warms up what would otherwise be a cool color.

I should have compared it to my Afterdusk to show that while Afterdusk leaves mainly gold behind with a touch of rose, Daft Pink shows mostly pink with a touch of gold.

jungleland

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
I saw the 131 on sale in Singapore today... for S$76, which comes out to US$52! Is it just me, or does that seem ri-donk-ulously expensive??

Yep, but still Singapore is cheaper than Europe, for example I bought the 217 for 33 SGD, in Europe is 22 Euros that are 44SGD!!!
Needless to say that on my recent trip back home I only got the oil control lotion just because a friend raved about it and it's not available in Singapore.

Sophisto

I just left my counter at Nordstoms and my MA let me purchase a few things early. I ended up with Smooth Merge and Made with Love l/s (I don't have anything like it).

Alot of the blushes are dupable for example Style Demon is the same as Intenso (swatched them side by side and could NOT see a difference).

Warm Blend is gorgeous IRL, I'll be going back for it. Triple Fusion may be a nice highlight for some. The other MSFs are okay too, but I have other things I can use to dupe them.

I didn't try any of the eyeshadows or glosses (sorry) because this was a truly unexpected purchase and I wasn't as interested in them.

All in all I think this collection will offer something for everyone. But I do recommend swatching in person if at all possible.

booboo39

Just called my nordies her in San Diego, they claim the colour craft collection msf's are nordies exclusives only. She said I could can go in and preview but they won't be out until the Anniversary Sale.
angry.gif

iShadow

Ugh, burned by both Nordstrom and MAC? At this rate, you guys and LJ will be getting most of my business!

NeonKitty

I'm hoping this collection will be available at my mac store tomorrow! I've been kind of banking on it since graphic gardens and look in a box were also scheduled to be released on the 9th here, and that's just way too much stuff to launch for a single day. I hope the macpro in Toronto was right!

saab

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
I did swatch it a bit heavily (but I did with all of the swatches) so that any of them would show up in a photo. That said, I'm wearing Improvise today and it works as a natural peachy blush, so it does give me color (NC25 here), but not OTT color.

Daft Pink does have really gorgeous gold veining, but it doesn't give a strong duochrome effect at all. I find the gold pearl mostly warms up what would otherwise be a cool color.

I should have compared it to my Afterdusk to show that while Afterdusk leaves mainly gold behind with a touch of rose, Daft Pink shows mostly pink with a touch of gold.

Thank you so much its back up on my list now !!
th_DANCE.gif
yes.gif