MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerin
I also skipped the new brush...nothing so special about it. The 188 will work just the same.

Hmmmm....Erine, how do you feel about the 131? Is it really worth getting if you already have a 188?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Hmmmm....Erine, how do you feel about the 131? Is it really worth getting if you already have a 188?

well that depends on what you use the 188 for. i use it on myself for highlight powders, but on other people i use it for foundation. the 131 is meant to be used for blush or highlight powders, so for that it is useful. if you're wanting it for foudation, i wouldn't recommend it. it far to paddle-like and cumbersome for foundation based on the shape.

for foundation-skip
for blush/highlight-go for it!

sapnap

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
well that depends on what you use the 188 for. i use it on myself for highlight powders, but on other people i use it for foundation. the 131 is meant to be used for blush or highlight powders, so for that it is useful. if you're wanting it for foudation, i wouldn't recommend it. it far to paddle-like and cumbersome for foundation based on the shape.

for foundation-skip

Thanks!! one more question... if i dont have the 188 as yet.. is the 188 or the 131 better for blushes in ur opinion? Thanks!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapnap
Thanks!! one more question... if i dont have the 188 as yet.. is the 188 or the 131 better for blushes in ur opinion? Thanks!

honestly, i'd go for the 187 for blush. but if you could only choose between the 188 and the 131, i'd go for the 188.

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
nope.gif
Style Demon looked like a much darker Fab-dabulous on me. But still more burnt-brick-red and not red-red like Merrily. hth

Yes, Yes, Yes.

Quote:
uh, i don't know how it is in michigan, but here in indiana, no one is gonna be in the mall this weekend. no one!
nope.gif

I meant not 4th of july but Friday ev1 has the day off here even my husband and he's in the medical field. not ev1 but you know what I mean.

If they released it today Thur. I would have gotten it Friday on my day off for 4th of July.

and about this 131 for $40 bucks, now does it have more bristles than the 188 to warrant this price hike or just the LE factor? Me don't know but me not getting.

yes, I have abandoned the 131, so long sucker.

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
I saw the 131 on sale in Singapore today... for S$76, which comes out to US$52! Is it just me, or does that seem ri-donk-ulously expensive??

Considering Singapore prices are usually cheaper than Australian, this at least gives us Aussie an indication of what we are going to be charged!

I'm betting it's at least AUD$80

only1angel

Quote:
if you could only choose between the 188 and the 131, i'd go for the 188.

I already have the 188 but have only used it for JAP gel blush (really the only reason I bought the brush and it works wonders for JAP) I was definitely going to buy the 131 but after you said you would choose the 188 over 131, now that has me wondering. I think I'm going to try the 188 tomorrow with some MBs and see the results, but why would you choose the 188 more so than the 131? So should I skip on it since I have the 188 or will I regret it??

Quote:

where's your counter? at a nordies or a macys? its coming out on the 9th (it hasn't been pushed back), and euristocrats is a store/nordies only collection.

It's at a macys. They said CC comes out the end of july. I'm heading over to the mall tomorrow so I'm def gonna stop and ask them. But it seriously won't be fair if they release so late.

Thanks for letting me know bout euristocrats. I thought it was at macys counters, too. Guess I'll have to make 40 min drive to nordies...Just not sure it's worth the trip when I really only wanted vie veneto and a lippie lol

only1angel

Which MSFs are a must have for an NW20-NW25????????? I originally had smooth merge, porcelain pink, cheeky bronze, and triple fusion on my list. But being that they'll be $27 I think I need to narrow it down just a little. I was thinking maybe 2 msfs since I want 4 blushes, and 4 mes, the 131, a lippie or 2, and MAYBE a l/g if the color payoff is better than those from the sugarsweet (which I hated!)

coachkitten

Quote:

for foundation-skip

I just bought the 165 brush at my local CCO which I am hoping will be good for blushes, highlighting, and contouring. If I have the 165 for those things do I need the 131? I am trying to save myself some money. TIA and I seriously hope that question has not already been asked!!
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
I already have the 188 but have only used it for JAP gel blush (really the only reason I bought the brush and it works wonders for JAP) I was definitely going to buy the 131 but after you said you would choose the 188 over 131, now that has me wondering. I think I'm going to try the 188 tomorrow with some MBs and see the results, but why would you choose the 188 more so than the 131? So should I skip on it since I have the 188 or will I regret it??

if you wanna spend an extra $40, then get the 131. but i think the 188 is more versatile than the 131. with the 188 you've got moisturizer, foundation, powder, blush. with the 131 you've got powder and blush.
th_dunno.gif
if you're looking for a multi-tasker, 188. if you're looking for something fun, 131.

Quote:
It's at a macys. They said CC comes out the end of july. I'm heading over to the mall tomorrow so I'm def gonna stop and ask them. But it seriously won't be fair if they release so late.

Thanks for letting me know bout euristocrats. I thought it was at macys counters, too. Guess I'll have to make 40 min drive to nordies...Just not sure it's worth the trip when I really only wanted vie veneto and a lippie lol

i'm at macys and it comes out next thursday. LTL and BB comes out the 30th, so maybe they're thinking of those two collections.
th_dunno.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I just bought the 165 brush at my local CCO which I am hoping will be good for blushes, highlighting, and contouring. If I have the 165 for those things do I need the 131? I am trying to save myself some money. TIA and I seriously hope that question has not already been asked!!
smiles.gif

the only thing that the 165 will do that the 131 won't do (or won't do very well) is the contouring. i like the 165 for highlighting, the 138 for contouring, and somthing different for blush (depending on cheek size-187, 188, or the 129).

Ernie

This collection killed me! I love anything msf so I was not surprised.

I was at the MAC pro store in NY and they had everything out. I even met one of our lovely specktrettes while I was browsing.

So happy with the return of the 226, picked up a few of these. The manager said it would sell out again, people are buying a few at a time and many people calling to order them. She also said it might be made permanent next year. I also got the 131, I think I'll really like it to use with the msf's.

From the lipsticks I really liked Madly Creative, if you like frosts and colors like Eden Rocks and Strange Hybrid, you'll like this. Made With Love is almost a sheerer version of costa chic l/s. Trimming Talk stained my hand for hours, even after washing several times. Finally, Ever Embellish has very tiny sparkles which makes it sparkle.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the lipglasses, a good amount of color and shine, but I hate the tube, it's just too big, I prefer the normal lipglass.
I really loved Eclectic Edge, a mid toned shimmery violet and Nice Mix Up, a pretty summer peachy/gold color. Pretty Pattern is very brown.

All you blush freaks are going to love the msf blushes, I'm sure there's a color for everyone with 6 shades to consider. Of course they are shimmery, so if you don't like that, you'll be safe. My favorite (remember I'm a nc15) is Hand Finish(no, not because of the name), it's a peachy/pink color, and I will say that out of all of these it's the biggest glitterbomb. For fairer skintones I would say that Hand Finish, Improvise and Daft Pink would work well. For darker skintones, Cheek and Cheerful, Fad Dabulous and Style Demon would be nice. Daft Pink is very blue/pink. Improvise is a true coral. Style Demon is gorgeous, it's a plummy/red color.

Ahh, now for the MSF's, my personal favorites. I love the original Porcelain Pink, I went through 4 of them. This one looks a bit different(maybe less pink) but still gorgeous. I wear it as blush, but it's also nice as a highlighter.
Warm Blend is very dark, I imagine it would be nice on darker skin tones, I could use it as 3 eyeshadows, that's how pigmented it is.Triple Fusion and Smooth Merge were my favorites, I could wear these everyday. TF for the peach days and SM for the plummy days! Cheeky Bronze is a nice neutral, a soft peachy/bronze, I imagine it would be nice for many people. The only one I really disliked was Sunny By Nature, it was very yellow/orange bronze.

I was also surprised by the shadow quads, mostly nice textures. My 2 favorites are Natural Flare, glittery gold/bronze/rusty orange/chocolate, just beautiful for the fall and Odd Bits, Grey/Pink(has a gold duochrome)/Burgundy/Bronze a very wearable combination. Eccentricity has a light violet/deeper purple/bronze/ glittery gold. Girlish Romp is a good name for this one, white with gold/pink duochrome(similar to solar white)/lavender with a bit of blue/peach/bright pink. I wasn't crazy about Fashion Patch, lt.blue/white/pink/glittery black. Assemblage has a silvery white/glittery gold/charcoal/glittery black. The worst texture was the glittery black color.

That's it!

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
Considering Singapore prices are usually cheaper than Australian, this at least gives us Aussie an indication of what we are going to be charged!

I'm betting it's at least AUD$80

Ouch.
thmbdn.gif

Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
The collection is online in Germany now
winks.gif

I will get Smooth Merge and maybe l/g Crazy Haute tomorrow. My counter did not get the brushes
blink.gif
so I will order the 131
yes.gif

I will pass the rest of the collection and Naked Honey - my list for fall is long!!
yahoo.gif

Hi Susanne!

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie
My favorite (remember I'm a nc15) is Hand Finish(no, not because of the name), it's a peachy/pink color, and I will say that out of all of these it's the biggest glitterbomb.

th_LMAO.gif
That was too funny!
smiles.gif

Thanks so much for the review Ernie!

iShadow

Quote:
i'm stuck inside too!
cry.gif
on saturday AND sunday!
cry.gif
we're open til 8 on saturday and its gonna be a long, slow day for sure. i closed last year too and there was NO ONE in the store.

me too
ssad.gif
i have to stick around until 9:30 to close on saturday, and it takes me 45 minutes to drive home.
ssad.gif
noooooo fireworks for this erin.
thmbdn.gif

Ernie

Quote:

Via Veneto is worth the drive.

Ernie

Quote:
Which MSFs are a must have for an NW20-NW25????????? I originally had smooth merge, porcelain pink, cheeky bronze, and triple fusion on my list. But being that they'll be $27 I think I need to narrow it down just a little. I was thinking maybe 2 msfs since I want 4 blushes, and 4 mes, the 131, a lippie or 2, and MAYBE a l/g if the color payoff is better than those from the sugarsweet (which I hated!)

Cheeky Bronze and Smooth Merge! The l/g have a lot better color payoff than the sugarsweet ones.

Quote:
smiles.gif

I prefer the 165 shape.

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif
That was too funny!
smiles.gif

Thanks so much for the review Ernie!

You're welcome Katie and I was trying to prevent the fallout from that name. I mean who gets paid to come up with these names?
greengrin.gif

Ernie

To both Erins, my husband has to work Fri/Sat/Sun. So sorry for you guys.

Adina, nice review, did I miss you again downtown? I got there late, around 6:30.