MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I am the opposite. I don't like using msf's as blushes. They're not pigmented enough for me and most are too frosty on the skin if I use it as a blush. I prefer Grand duo type blushes, they are very pigmented, glide on like butter and act as a MSF and blush in one.

i agree. i use MSFs for highlights only. they're far too shimmery for blush, and i WILL NOT use them as a bronzer. again, far too shimmery. i use em for highlighting or shadows only. i use a real bronzer for bronzer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I have small eyes and love the 226 for my outer V and crease! It is not a blending brush like the 224 at all I think.

yep yep! the 226 is an application brush, not a blending brush. the shape isn't right for blending.
nope.gif
the 224 is a blending brush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
So I somehow forgot all about the 138 during the F&F sale and just fell in love with it in one of the Artists in Action vids on MAC's site...so I'm wondering, do I need the 131 or 138 more? I figure if I'm going to spend $40, I might as well spend the extra $12 if the brush is going to serve me better. Any thoughts? I know the 138 is slightly OT...
th_dunno.gif

they do different things. the 131 will apply blush or highlighter. the 138 is better equipped for contouring. it depends on what you're wanting the brush to do.
th_dunno.gif

plus, the 138 is perm, so you can always get that later. the 131 is LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy415
uh oh... tricolour lip are increasing!?
ssad.gif

just like the 131 apparently. our book showed them as $34 and $14, and they're coming up $40 and $17.50.
ssad.gif

btw, these aren't tricolour glosses. tricolours have a completely different formula than these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
The one thing to remember with the CC glosses - they are really different than the reg. glosses. They are highly pigmented with a different texture & not sheer like reg. glosses. I think they are kinda like lipstick in gloss form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
Can someone tell me if there is a noticeable difference b/w these l/gs and the sugarsweet ones because I HATED those. I ended up returning them back b/c the applicator was horrible- it didn't pick up anything. I'm really liking 3 of these colors from CC but don't want to order them online and then wish I didn't. If they are anything like the sugarsweet ones then I know I won't like these

the CC glosses are actually 3 different colours of the regular lipglass formula. now remember, some of the regular lipglasses are more opaque/pigmented than others, so you'll get that with these too.

these are completely different than the SS tricolours. those had a duochrome, reflects, and creme layer, which was a more sheer layer each, resulting in a sheerer colour payoff. the CC glosses are 3 different lipglass (regular formula) colours mixed together for the marbled effect. they provide the same colour payoff as the more pigmented lipglasses, such as lychee luxe, pink lemonade, russian red, not sheerer like live and dye, cherry blossom or virgin kiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genabobena
Can you b2m for the l/g? Wasn't sure b/c I hear they're more expensive than the other l/g.

yes.gif
you're supposed to be able to as stores, but whether they let you or not is another question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
So... I should get Natural flare, right? Right, thanks.
greengrin.gif

duh! its a most definate yes!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy415
girls that are nc/nw 35, does porcelain pink show up on cheeks?

which one are you, nc 35 or nw35? nw35 is way darker than nc35 so you'll get way different results. i think nc35 will give you the lightest pink result. i wouldn't go any darker than nc35, so that knocks nw35 outta the game.

MarsG

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
they do different things. the 131 will apply blush or highlighter. the 138 is better equipped for contouring. it depends on what you're wanting the brush to do.
th_dunno.gif

Erine, for contouring is the 138 better than the 109? Which is the better brush for beginners? I´m kinda teaching myself how to contour to give more definition to my barely-there cheekbones.
Thanks in advance.

only1angel

Quote:
the CC glosses are actually 3 different colours of the regular lipglass formula. now remember, some of the regular lipglasses are more opaque/pigmented than others, so you'll get that with these too.

these are completely different than the SS tricolours. those had a duochrome, reflects, and creme layer, which was a more sheer layer each, resulting in a sheerer colour payoff. the CC glosses are 3 different lipglass (regular formula) colours mixed together for the marbled effect. they provide the same colour payoff as the more pigmented lipglasses, such as lychee luxe, pink lemonade, russian red, not sheerer like live and dye, cherry blossom or virgin kiss.

Thanks erine. Now I'll feel better about buying these online without seeing in person knowing they won't be like the SS ones. Did I mention I HATE those??
th_LMAO.gif

Erine- I wish I had an MA that knew her stuff like you do.
I think you guys here teach me more and help me out with my purchases and decisions more than any of the MAs at my counter. I literally can't ask them shit cuz they don't know anything and they're lazy. I got my 1st makeover from MAC when HK came out, and they did the WORST job ever!!!!!!! By the time I got to my car, it looked like I didn't even have e/s on and my face was a greaseball. It was like the MA rubbed olive oil all over my face
nope.gif
.And I love MAC but I think my 9 yr old neice could've done a better job. That's why when I go there I test the products myself. I don't trust them putting it on me anymore lol
th_LMAO.gif

I have a quick question for you erine, or any1 else
winks.gif
, that I need answered asap. I want to make my purchase online right now. I'm NW20-25 for reference. Which blushes would best suit my skintone???????????? PLEASE help me and tell me what blushes to buy
winkiss.gif
TIA

juicy415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genabobena
Can you b2m for the l/g? Wasn't sure b/c I hear they're more expensive than the other l/g.

i do think so cuz my freestanding store let me b2m dazzleglasses=$18

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsG
Erine, for contouring is the 138 better than the 109? Which is the better brush for beginners? I´m kinda teaching myself how to contour to give more definition to my barely-there cheekbones.
Thanks in advance.

i'd recommend the 138 for contouring to start out. i like the 109 more for highlighting on myselft and foundation on other people.

Quote:
Thanks erine. Now I'll feel better about buying these online without seeing in person knowing they won't be like the SS ones. Did I mention I HATE those??
th_LMAO.gif

Erine- I wish I had an MA that knew her stuff like you do.
I think you guys here teach me more and help me out with my purchases and decisions more than any of the MAs at my counter. I literally can't ask them shit cuz they don't know anything and they're lazy. I got my 1st makeover from MAC when HK came out, and they did the WORST job ever!!!!!!! By the time I got to my car, it looked like I didn't even have e/s on and my face was a greaseball. It was like the MA rubbed olive oil all over my face
nope.gif
.And I love MAC but I think my 9 yr old neice could've done a better job. That's why when I go there I test the products myself. I don't trust them putting it on me anymore lol
th_LMAO.gif

I have a quick question for you erine, or any1 else
winks.gif
, that I need answered asap. I want to make my purchase online right now. I'm NW20-25 for reference. Which blushes would best suit my skintone???????????? PLEASE help me and tell me what blushes to buy
winkiss.gif
TIA

aww thanks!
blush-anim-cl.gif

it bugs me when people don't know their job, ya know? there's one girl that i work with that actually told a customer that all of our mascaras are water-resistant, but that just splashproof is the only waterproof. WTF??? and it kills me when i go to buy something and the person helping me doesn't know what they're talking about, so i try my best to know what i do and be honest if i don't know or don't like something.

for the blush, do you like more pink or peachy? softer or bolder? my faves for your colouring would be hand-finish, improvise and fad-dabulous (a medium colour). depending on what you like i'd give those a look.

only1angel

Erine- I know exactly what you're talking about. After a while I just gave up in asking my MAs for advice. That's why I'm always asking a zillion questions here lol.

For blushes- I would normally go for pinks only, in the past. I've just started getting into peaches and coral colors as well as anything unique that suits my tone. I like soft AND bold colors. How do you think style demon would look on my tone? But I don't want to look like a clown OR orange/ dirty either. I've started liking such a different range of blushes since I like to play around with different looks. I guess my question in the beginning should have been, What blush WOULDN'T go with my skintone. I just started my MB collection. So far I have love rock, moon river, dainty, earth to earth, and grand duo. Oh, and I'm not looking for one that can only be a highlighter for me, since I already have so many highlighters.

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyPsycho
Does anyone have a code for free shipping (maccosmetics.com) pretty please?
smiles.gif

LASH79- plus you get a free zoom lash mascara mini
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
The one thing to remember with the CC glosses - they are really different than the reg. glosses. They are highly pigmented with a different texture & not sheer like reg. glosses. I think they are kinda like lipstick in gloss form.

iagree.gif

MarsG

Quote:
i'd recommend the 138 for contouring to start out. i like the 109 more for highlighting on myselft and foundation on other people.

Thanks for the tip Erine!

TheCollector

Hi all!

Can someone recommend which blush and/or MSF would be good for NC15 skin and red red hair?? I usually go for the bronzy colors (I was thinking Cheeky Bronze), but I'm thinkin' of venturing out (like Hand-Finish or Improvise?). Are pinks definitely out??

Thank you so much! I'm just learning to really use blushes...
hmm.gif

pampie

Quote:
LASH79- plus you get a free zoom lash mascara mini
yes.gif

aww that code doesn't work for the CDN site
oh well, guess i'll wait for one in an upcoming email

Edit: i just tried the code LASH79ca, it works on maccosmetics.ca
greengrin.gif
too bad CC still isn't out on the Canadian site yet

abbyquack

Yay, just placed my first CC order! I got:
-Triple Fusion MSF
-Smooth Merge MSF
-Porcelain Pink MSF
-Madly Creative l/s

It was "small" in comparison to what I want b/c my birthday is a week from today which I am pretty sure means mac gc for me! So I am hoping and praying the things I want don't sell out. Still looking at:
-Improvise MB
-131 Brush
-Made with Love l/s
-Colour Crafted l/s
-138 Brush (perm line)

So note to everyone else: Please don't buy the above items so they don't sell out. k thx bai!
lol.gif

LMD84

i swear i just keep driving myself crazy reading all the posts here! i'm so excited for this collection (best so far this year imo!) it's next week when it'll hit the uk site
ssad.gif