MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

blinkymei

as much as I want to love the triple striped MSF i think iheartmakeup swatches on skin show a huge difference on how glittery and not smooth as it was to the BBR collection stuff... but I'm hope I'm wrong because triple fusion's colors looks yum!

Iheartmakeup's triple fushion:
triplefusion1.jpg

versus mabeth's blonde BBR MSF:
012009015.jpg

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkymei
as much as I want to love the triple striped MSF i think iheartmakeup swatches on skin show a huge difference on how glittery and not smooth as it was to the BBR collection stuff... but I'm hope I'm wrong because triple fusion's colors looks yum!

Iheartmakeup's triple fushion:
triplefusion1.jpg

versus mabeth's blonde BBR MSF:
012009015.jpg

thank you. yes, I noticed that the finish and texture look different based on the pictures and swatches we currently have.. not to mention, other people who have them already have noticed a difference
th_dunno.gif

petitetamtam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Just to compare: like I said above, I know everyones saying that these look way more glittery then the BBR msfs... but take a look at my Redhead MSF compared to one of the lovely pictures hosted by iheartmakeup... I dont see a diff guys :S

iagree.gif
...I love my BBR MSF but honestly I rarely use it ...I just prefer straight matte colours ...

darkishstar

I definitely noticed the difference too, the BBR MSFs are very pigmented and flat shimmer. These look straight up glitter, especially if you look at Warm Blend.

Ejka

Wow, these MSFs truly are a letdown IMO. The 2 that seem to have the best texture (Sunny by Nature & Cheeky Bronze) are probably too dark for my fair complexion. I guess I'll just have to see for myself and play with them for a bit. If I can make either of the 2 work (say, as a bronzer), I'm taking them home. If not, this collection is going to be a one big PASS for me.
ssad.gif

Hopefully MAC will redeem itself with the brushes & MES. For one, the pictured lipstick looks quite promising.
thmbup.gif

iadoremac

I seriously think MAC needs to come up with more colours for the MSF's they all look alike apart from smooth merge and cheeky bronze

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzer3245
I second that motion!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Me three!
greengrin.gif

Blushes
love.gif

Yay
th_DANCE.gif

From Erine's swatches i am liking the look of Fad-dabulouse and Cheek and cheerful
smiles.gif

iheartmakeup

I am hanging out for the blushes too, I cannot wait! I love MBs
love.gif

I just compared some of the new MSFs to the BBR ones. the texture is different, but they're still great IMO! even though they look rougher (is that even a real word?!) they are actually really soft. they have good colour payoff and even though the texture is different, the finish is quite similar. not quite as pearly but still great. a bit more shimmery.

I used warm blend as an e/s today- it's very pigmented! almost metallic.

compariosn pics are in the swatch thread. if you want more LMK and I'll see what I can do
smiles.gif

wizzer3245

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmakeup
I am hanging out for the blushes too, I cannot wait! I love MBs
love.gif

I just compared some of the new MSFs to the BBR ones. the texture is different, but they're still great IMO! even though they look rougher (is that even a real word?!) they are actually really soft. they have good colour payoff and even though the texture is different, the finish is quite similar. not quite as pearly but still great. a bit more shimmery.

I used warm blend as an e/s today- it's very pigmented! almost metallic.

compariosn pics are in the swatch thread. if you want more LMK and I'll see what I can do
smiles.gif

You're a superstar
smiles.gif

Yagmur

After looking at the Swatches, I think I'll skip Smooth Merge + Triple Fusion and get Sunny by Nature + Cheeky Bronze instead
yes.gif

I am really new to MSF's. I only have three of them: Blonde, Brunette and Refined.

And I wanna see Pictures of the Blushes + Eyeshadows, pleaaaaase anyone?!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I definitely noticed the difference too, the BBR MSFs are very pigmented and flat shimmer. These look straight up glitter, especially if you look at Warm Blend.

iagree.gif
I noticed the glitter in these too.

It's a pity that Smooth Merge looks similar to Blonde, which I have, but with chunkier glitters. It looks so pretty in the pan. Triple Fusion looks like a glittery version of Redhead, which I don't have. Maybe I will just get Porcelain Pink instead, which looks pretty too and nothing like what I already own.
smiles.gif

pdtb050606

I just recently started following the collections, so can someone please tell me the next time of year more msf's will be released?

Shadowy Lady

I'm not really big on MSF so I'm not that excited about this collection. I have so many loose beauty powders, BB shimmerbricks and recently getting into Laura Geller MSF's so I doubt I'll get any of these.

I'm excited for the lip products in this collection though. I hope they're not very frosty.

pdtb050606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I'm not really big on MSF so I'm not that excited about this collection. I have so many loose beauty powders, BB shimmerbricks and recently getting into Laura Geller MSF's so I doubt I'll get any of these.

I'm excited for the lip products in this collection though. I hope they're not very frosty.

I LOVE the Laura Gellar blush n brightens-I just bought Honeydipped and it's fab! Which one is your fav?

darkishstar

After seeing comparisons, I only want Cheeky Bronze and maybe Warm Blend if it's not TOO chunky and glittery. I have Blonde and Redhead and I never use the stripes separately, I have no need for other MSFs that are the same in terms of color that are more glittery.

I will see for myself in real life about Warm Blend though, to see if it is as iheartmakeup says, that it's a different kind of glittery.

LMD84

it's kind of sad that no so many people are wetting ethir pants over the msf's now they've been seen! i'm still quite excited about them - although i am only buying 2! maybe it's because i only have 3 msf's and you guys all have loads?!

i think i will get a blush as well as i love my gentle from last year! add some fix+ to it and it looks amazing!