MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

annikay

I need piccies of the MBees! I'm going
th_crazy2.gif
with the waiting... I've got Warm Soul and Gentle, and I'm hoping Hand-Finish and Daft Pink will complete my collection, then I'll have a blush to go with any lip colours!
th_DANCE.gif

annikay

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipglosseater
Not feeling the MSFs as well!
nope.gif
My wallet is happy though!!
th_DANCE.gif

I hope the blushes won't disappoint! Not feeling very optimistic now!
th_dunno.gif

Don't lose hope yet!
cheerleader.gif
for the MBees!

AudreyNicole

I read somewhere that the Mineralized Blushes are more like the most recent collection of MBs, rather than the Sonic Chic ones. I have a bunch of the Sonic Chic ones (Pleasantry, Love Thing, Gentle...) and I love them, but I bought one of the newer ones, and I hated it. MUCH to glittery for my taste, not smooth and glowy like the older ones. If these have any glitter or a ton of shimmer, I won't be buying. Glitter on my eyes is one thing, but it's a no-no for my face...

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdtb050606
I LOVE the Laura Gellar blush n brightens-I just bought Honeydipped and it's fab! Which one is your fav?

I only have Golden Apricot and love it
smiles.gif
I swatch them everytime I go to Sephora though and want to get a couple more. I have Honedipped and Sunwept on my list to buy next
yes.gif
These are so pigmented unlike the MAC MSF's.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
^^
iagree.gif

I only need Sunswept and I will have them all
th_DANCE.gif

Oooh, is there any way possible that you might be able to do swatches of the ones you have? I am interested in getting some, but I'd love to see what they look like on you
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
^^ Sure, I will do it when I get home--my first swatches
shockt.gif

Thank you so much!
smiles.gif
I use the macro (flower) setting when I do mine, and they usually come out ok. I really appreciate it
smiles.gif

chocolategoddes

Quote:
I LOVE the Laura Gellar blush n brightens-I just bought Honeydipped and it's fab! Which one is your fav?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I'm not really big on MSF so I'm not that excited about this collection. I have so many loose beauty powders, BB shimmerbricks and recently getting into Laura Geller MSF's so I doubt I'll get any of these.

I'm excited for the lip products in this collection though. I hope they're not very frosty.

I've seen those Laura Geller blush/bronze and brightens on QVC (yes, I watch QVC for entertainment with no intention to actually purchase anything.
yes.gif
)
but I've never actually tried them out. They look gorgeous!
If this collection ends up being a disappointment, I'll have to check those out.

But seriously, now that y'all are saying that these are more shimmery than glowy, I'm feeling a bit torn.
cry.gif

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I've seen those Laura Geller blush/bronze and brightens on QVC (yes, I watch QVC for entertainment with no intention to actually purchase anything.
yes.gif
)
but I've never actually tried them out. They look gorgeous!
If this collection ends up being a disappointment, I'll have to check those out.

But seriously, now that y'all are saying that these are more shimmery than glowy, I'm feeling a bit torn.
cry.gif

guilty as well! Nick Chavez on tonight at 10
yes.gif
- Hello my loves! -

Laura Geller advertises the baked aspect of her products way more than MAC does. She tells the whole story of how they're baked in Italy in terracota tiles, etc.

Temptalia posted swatches of Laura Geller blushes a few days ago on her site

pdtb050606

Ok-so I really tried, sorry they aren't all that great

From Left to Right:
Roseberry, Golden Apricot, Sunswept, Honeydipped--I can't find Berry and I don't have Pink Grapefruit
swatch.jpg

swatch1.jpg

swatch2.jpg

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Ok-so I really tried, sorry they aren't all that great

From Left to Right:
Roseberry, Golden Apricot, Sunswept, Honeydipped--I can't find Berry and I don't have Pink Grapefruit
swatch.jpg

swatch1.jpg

swatch2.jpg

Are you kidding? They are GREAT swatches! So helpful! Thank you so much for taking the time to do them
winkiss.gif

I am really loving the looks of the 2 pinker ones... maybe I will ask for these for my birthday instead of the CC MSFs and blushes! They look great!

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Maybe I will just get Porcelain Pink instead, which looks pretty too and nothing like what I already own.
smiles.gif

Oh, but hun, I thought you didn't like MSFs that were sheer? Porcelain Pink will strictly be used for highlighting. I considered it too, since it looks a lot prettier than the new MSFs, but I don't know if I need another highlighting product.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
it's kind of sad that no so many people are wetting ethir pants over the msf's now they've been seen! i'm still quite excited about them - although i am only buying 2! maybe it's because i only have 3 msf's and you guys all have loads?!

No I don't have loads. I only have 5 - 3 from BBR and 2 from Sugar Sweet. Yet I'm not excited after seeing the pics too. After all the hype, these were really disappointing indeed. Plus Smooth Merge and Triple Fusion looks so similar to Blonde and Redhead which I already own (and love). Like Elaine mentioned, it seems like MAC is churning out similar MSFs but only in different forms - marbelized, stripes, and now 2 large stripes with a thin middle stripe.
th_dunno.gif

Anyway, which 2 are you eyeing?
smiles.gif

dreamer246

^^ Pamela, thanks a lot for the swatches! They look awesome!
th_drool.gif
I've never heard of Laura Gellar before, I hope it's available here. *crosses fingers* Those are similar to MSFs, right?

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
No I don't have loads. I only have 5 - 3 from BBR and 2 from Sugar Sweet. Yet I'm not excited after seeing the pics too. After all the hype, these were really disappointing indeed. Plus Smooth Merge and Triple Fusion looks so similar to Blonde and Redhead which I already own (and love). Like Elaine mentioned, it seems like MAC is churning out similar MSFs but only in different forms - marbelized, stripes, and now 2 large stripes with a thin middle stripe.
th_dunno.gif

Anyway, which 2 are you eyeing?
smiles.gif

i totally agree with you!
personally i prefer the original style MSF - but i will definitely have a look at them before deciding (how many bronzer type ones do it need?)
at the moment i am eyeing porcelain pink though

pdtb050606

No problem
smiles.gif

Yes they are like the msf's but WITH color! I absolutely love them
heart.gif
Now I just need to get Pink Grapefruit *sigh* Oh, I was looking on Temptalia and someone said that Pink Grapefruit was super close to Stereo Rose!?? Does anyone here have those two to compare?
Ok back to topic-I was super excited for this round of msf's but honestly they don't look all that great? Hmm, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised in person
th_dunno.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzsallyb
i totally agree with you!
personally i prefer the original style MSF - but i will definitely have a look at them before deciding (how many bronzer type ones do it need?)
at the moment i am eyeing porcelain pink though

I quite liked the stripes of the BBR ones. But, IMO, those BBR stripes made sense - you can actually see how one color transcends into the next. These Color Craft MSFs stripes seem kinda random and odd to me. Just my opinion.
tong.gif

As for how many bronzer types you'll need, I guess that depends on how frequently you wear bronze colors. No point getting a whole bunch of them if you hardly use bronze on your cheeks.
winks.gif

EDIT: Oh by the way, I saw that you're from Christchurch, NZ? My parents just came back from a holiday trip there (they visited Christchurch and Queenstown, and they loved it.
winks.gif
)

alka1

Quote:
No problem
smiles.gif

Yes they are like the msf's but WITH color! I absolutely love them
heart.gif
Now I just need to get Pink Grapefruit *sigh* Oh, I was looking on Temptalia and someone said that Pink Grapefruit was super close to Stereo Rose!?? Does anyone here have those two to compare?
Ok back to topic-I was super excited for this round of msf's but honestly they don't look all that great? Hmm, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised in person
th_dunno.gif

in case you don't already know - Laura Geller has a new Blush-and-Brighten that is exclusive to QVC
smiles.gif
It was released a few weeks ago, it's called Pink Apricot. I think the other one is called Down To Earth