MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

Debbie_57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
I actually meant the product photos sorry for the confusion. I think it's weird that all of them haven't been leaked yet!

Iheartmakeup has pics of the MSFs in her blog and some swatches in the swatch thread.

Curly1908

Is it me or are these MSFs not as pretty as the old ones?
th_dunno.gif

The stripes look a little messy, and there's so much darn glitter...

I like Smooth Merge, but I might be better off just trying to track down a Blonde MSF.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I only have Golden Apricot and love it
smiles.gif
I swatch them everytime I go to Sephora though and want to get a couple more. I have Honedipped and Sunwept on my list to buy next
yes.gif
These are so pigmented unlike the MAC MSF's.

Really? I'm surprised!

I was interested in Laura Mercier's product line (specifically the baked blushes) so I tuned in to QVC a few days ago, but she stated that her products (as it pertains to WOC) were for the lighter-skinned so I assumed they weren't that pigmented.
nope.gif

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
th_dunno.gif

I like Smooth Merge, but I might be better off just trying to track down a Blonde MSF.
ssad.gif

Really? I'm surprised!

I was interested in Laura Mercier's product line (specifically the baked blushes) so I tuned in to QVC a few days ago, but she stated that her products (as it pertains to WOC) were for the lighter-skinned so I assumed they weren't that pigmented.
nope.gif

I think you mean Laura Geller.. Laura Mercier does not make baked blushes as far as I know. What products did she refer to as being for lighter-skinned only?

darkishstar

1 MSF for sure, Cheeky Bronze!
I'm still really interested in Warm Blend, but I have Brunette, Warmed, and 2 So Ceylons I really don't need it.
I want about 2-3 MBs, because I LOVE Mineralize blushes.
And 1 or 2 MES, most likely just one because when I haul this collection, I'm going to haul Sea & Sky too.
smiles.gif

I think that's a pretty fair list, 4-5 items, I could definitely look forward to later quads and some bright colors.

NeonKitty

Quote:
th_dunno.gif

ssad.gif

Really? I'm surprised!

nope.gif

Wow, I'm shocked anyone would say this or have that kind of mindset. I mean, from simply a marketing perspective, you're cutting out the majority of your customer base. It's corporate suicide. Secondly, to just brush off anyone who doesn't have white skin? Ugh!!! I can't stand anyone who thinks like that, and a lot of other customers would agree, there's now way I'd put money into a cosmetics line like that!

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
I think you mean Laura Geller.. Laura Mercier does not make baked blushes as far as I know. What products did she refer to as being for lighter-skinned only?

Oops! I did mean Laura Geller (not Mercier)!
tipsy.gif

Laura may have been referring to all of her baked products, but she was using the "Baby Cakes Baked Complexion Palette" when she said her stuff was for lighter-skinned WOC. She stated the "Fair" palette was for pale women and the "Regular" palette could be used on lighter-skinned African Americans. She also put "Regular" on a lighter-skinned Hispanic woman. Her comment combined with the fact that she didn't demonstrate any of her other products on models with deeper skintones led me to think her products weren't that pigmented.
th_dunno.gif

I also googled on here, and in previous QVC presentations, she doesn't say "yes" when callers with deeper skintones ask if she recommends her products from them. She just states that QVC has a 30-day return policy.

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
Wow, I'm shocked anyone would say this or have that kind of mindset. I mean, from simply a marketing perspective, you're cutting out the majority of your customer base. It's corporate suicide. Secondly, to just brush off anyone who doesn't have white skin? Ugh!!! I can't stand anyone who thinks like that, and a lot of other customers would agree, there's now way I'd put money into a cosmetics line like that!

woah, way to overreact! we don't even know who she is talking about - I think she has her Laura's mixed up. And I highly doubt Laura Geller/Mercier would say all their products are for white skin only. Maybe some blushes/bronzers are better suited for lighter skin tones, but that doesn't mean her entire company is only catering to people with light skin.

NeonKitty

Yes, God forbid I express concern about what is said by the head of a cosmetics company. Yes lets just sweep that one under the rug shall we and be horrified that someone else would think otherwise.

/sarcasm

alka1

Quote:
Oops! I did mean Laura Geller (not Mercier)!
tipsy.gif

Laura may have been referring to all of her baked products, but she was using the "Baby Cakes Baked Complexion Palette" when she said her stuff was for lighter-skinned WOC. She stated the "Fair" palette was for pale women and the "Regular" palette could be used on lighter-skinned African Americans. She also put "Regular" on a lighter-skinned Hispanic woman. Her comment combined with the fact that she didn't demonstrate any of her other products on models with deeper skintones led me to think her products weren't that pigmented.
th_dunno.gif

I also googled on here, and in previous QVC presentations, she doesn't say "yes" when callers with deeper skintones ask if she recommends her products from them. She just states that QVC has a 30-day return policy.

I've seen LG present the Baby Cakes palette. The palette includes a foundation powder (comes in regular and fair). When she said it wouldn't suit deeper skintones, she was referring to the foundation in the palette. She has said before that women with deeper skintones could use the Bronze-n-Brighten as foundation.

it has nothing to do with how pigmented her products are - it was simply based on the foundation shades that came with that particular palette.

miss_primer

QVC post the shows or parts of them for certain products. If you are really interested in what was said maybe you should look the product up. I myself havent looked it up. Not interested in Laura Geller products.

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty

Well, she had a lighter-skinned Hispanic model (about the color of Adrian Lima) and (I think) an Asian (not South Asian) model on QVC so she doesn't totally brush off non-Whites (just those with deeper skintones). And I think it's probably a better idea for her not to get the illusion that the stuff works for everybody b/c then reviews (and returns) of her products would be through the roof!

I think MAC & MUFE have seen how profitable it is to target deeper skintones, but maybe it doesn't work for Laura G's business plan.
th_dunno.gif

alka1

Quote:
Well, she had a lighter-skinned Hispanic model (about the color of Adrian Lima) and (I think) an Asian (not South Asian) model on QVC so she doesn't totally brush off non-Whites (just those with deeper skintones). And I think it's probably a better idea for her not to get the illusion that the stuff works for everybody b/c then reviews (and returns) of her products would be through the roof!

I think MAC & MUFE have seen how profitable it is to target deeper skintones, but maybe it doesn't work for Laura G's business plan.
th_dunno.gif

The foundation is called Balance-in-Brighten (think MAC MSF Natural). Originally it was created as a one-size-fits all. The option for deeper skintones was Bronze-n-Brighten. It was only until a while later that a Fair shade was introduced for people with porcelain skin.

I agree, a one-size fits all isn't the best idea.. but this isn't Laura Geller's only foundation. She has other liquid foundations and concealers made for a wide-range of skintones (yes, even Dark).

sorry for the O/T.. now back to Colour Craft

alka1

Quote:
Nevermind.

sorry I came across as being hostile, that wasn't my intention
th_dunno.gif
and I realize that you made a typo with the Lauras.. which is why I said you had them mixed up
tong.gif

i just wanted to clear up what Laura had said about the foundation shades and the baby cakes palette. sorry about the confusion

omgitzstephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
1 MSF for sure, Cheeky Bronze!
I'm still really interested in Warm Blend, but I have Brunette, Warmed, and 2 So Ceylons I really don't need it.
I want about 2-3 MBs, because I LOVE Mineralize blushes.
And 1 or 2 MES, most likely just one because when I haul this collection, I'm going to haul Sea & Sky too.
smiles.gif

I think that's a pretty fair list, 4-5 items, I could definitely look forward to later quads and some bright colors.

You will LOVE Sea & Sky!!
love.gif

caramel_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
thmbup.gif

If it is true and we will get new fall quads and new bright e/s
drools.gif
I will skip Colour Craft!!

Oh true...there are still yummy Fall collections ahead...
drools.gif
And I totally forgot about them
tong.gif

Alright...no MSFs for me this time. Probably just 3 blushes. Will have to see the new brush first to decide...
yes.gif

chocolategoddes

I've noticed that a lot of lines that sell on QVC don't cater to darker skinned women. Whenever I watched QVC specials and they'd mention that their darkest shade would only suit a woman with an NC40 skintone, I had a reaction similar to NeonKitty.
Now that I think about it, I don't think it there's anything wrong with it, they're just playing it smart and saving money. They probably realized that not too many dark skinned black women were buying their products on QVC. What's the use of stocking up for it if you won't sell them. Sure, it limits the options of the dark-skinned women who actually want to purchase the product (which is disappointing) but hey, what can ya do? It's only business.

Laura Geller's blush/bronze n brightens are quite pigmented and are a nice quality. So, yeah, it's just those balance n brightens with the pale powders that would look ashy on darker skintones.
Lord knows we dont need anymore brown skinned girls trying to pull off a pale powder on their face. Chuch!

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I've noticed that a lot of lines that sell on QVC don't cater to darker skinned women. Whenever I watched QVC specials and they'd mention that their darkest shade would only suit a woman with an NC40 skintone, I had a reaction similar to NeonKitty.
Now that I think about it, I don't think it there's anything wrong with it, they're just playing it smart and saving money. They probably realized that not too many dark skinned black women were buying their products on QVC. What's the use of stocking up for it if you won't sell them. Sure, it limits the options of the dark-skinned women who actually want to purchase the product (which is disappointing) but hey, what can ya do? It's only business.

Laura Geller's blush/bronze n brightens are quite pigmented and are a nice quality. So, yeah, it's just those balance n brightens with the pale powders that would look ashy on darker skintones.
Lord knows we dont need anymore brown skinned girls trying to pull off a pale powder on their face. Chuch!

I won't argue with you there. It isn't unusual to see the 'Dark' or 'Deep' foundations sell out faster than all the rest. They always carry very limited amounts of these shades.

this is more of a QVC issue rather than an individual company's decisions on who they want to cater to. Like you said, it's about business and supply/demand. QVC knows what sells and who they are selling to.. and they stock their products based on those demographics. Take HSN for example - they sell MUFE HD foundation but they only sell like 5 different shades on air (when MUFE actually has like 25 different shades). It's the same with Shu Uemura and their liquid foundation. On QVC they sell 5 shades with no dark shades. While on the official Shu Uemura website they have 17 different ones with options for very dark skin.

kiss

Finally some pics! Everything looks passable so far. I am eager to see the mineralize blushes.