MAC - Colour Craft Discussion

miss sha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
I really love the look of warm blend, but wtf am I going to do with it? Glitter bomb contour?
lol.gif

I have to stock up on these msfs, since I need them to last me clear into the new year, judging by the fall collections. Seriously, I'm as much into black lippies as I am into neon accessories and skinny leg jeans. 1980s: BTDT, not ever going back.

My husband saw the promo images for makeup cosmetics and said "WTF ARE YOU LOOKING AT?" He thought I was looking at some underground horror pic site lol.... The one with the chick drowning in green goo, exactly how is that going to attract me to your product? I'm not 14 and emo. I'm taking this to mean I have officially become an old lady
th_DANCE.gif

Yeah, I'm really not keen on black lipstick. I don't think it's especially wearable unless you're layering it with something (and even then you'd need to use the lipglosses, not the lipstick) or doing some sort of avant garde, high fashion photoshoot. Or going to a goth club.
lol.gif
And since I'm not interested in any of the above, I'm going to pass. Not a big smokey eye wearer either, so the e/s won't be doing anything for me either.

I'm not sure what to do with MSFs period, but the shades are too pretty to pass up, honestly. That, and with everyone else going nuts over them too, I'll probably end up kicking myself later on if I pass them up.

Also, on the US site, the blushes are $21, the MSF are $27.

Civies

So I think I'mma join you few in this loving Colour Craft collection and hating on all the fall collections . I only want two things from all of the fall collections I've seen .. and that's a quad (2 veluxe pearls and 2 frost .. can you say no to that ?) and the VAE .

But I want like 480238403 from this . So .. goodbye fall collections, hello summer and holiday '09
greengrin.gif

Civies

Quote:
I think they are the same price that they usually are, ie: same as the ones in the perm line. Price increases don't take effect till sometime in August. Not sure what the US prices are, but in Canada its $32.50 for msf and $27 for mb

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't mb $25 in Canada ? The duo ones are $27.

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss sha
Yeah, I'm really not keen on black lipstick. I don't think it's especially wearable unless you're layering it with something (and even then you'd need to use the lipglosses, not the lipstick) or doing some sort of avant garde, high fashion photoshoot. Or going to a goth club.
lol.gif
And since I'm not interested in any of the above, I'm going to pass. Not a big smokey eye wearer either, so the e/s won't be doing anything for me either.

I'm not sure what to do with MSFs period, but the shades are too pretty to pass up, honestly. That, and with everyone else going nuts over them too, I'll probably end up kicking myself later on if I pass them up.

Also, on the US site, the blushes are $21, the MSF are $27.

I use my msf's as blushes, highlighters or layer on top of blush, they're purdy. When I saw that swatch of the black gloss it looked like somebody pooped on that hand, yick. It's weird too because the other high end brands seem to be trending romantic themes for their fall collections. I guess mac is just trying to be edgy and appeal to the teen crowd, idk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
So I think I'mma join you few in this loving Colour Craft collection and hating on all the fall collections . I only want two things from all of the fall collections I've seen .. and that's a quad (2 veluxe pearls and 2 frost .. can you say no to that ?) and the VAE .

But I want like 480238403 from this . So .. goodbye fall collections, hello summer and holiday '09
greengrin.gif

welcome to the club, we should have our own thread lol. yeah I'm wanting the VAE but not anything else from fall that I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't mb $25 in Canada ? The duo ones are $27.

You're right. I hope they're $25
yes.gif

Civies

Oh ouch I just saw the promo pics and ........ wth ? okay I'll admit that black writing over the face was somewhat cute but the green goop .. ? it reminds me of that show goosebumps on YTV from when i was like 6 ahahah .

But yaaay for colour craft im SO excited . I'm thinking of completely skipping all of the fall collections other than those 2 that i wanted . hhe . more for msfs . I just started collecting MAC like 2 months ago and i DONT HAVE ANY msfs or mbs
smiles.gif

I'm NC35-37, how would warm blend look on me ? I saw a swatch of it beside blonde msf and they were basically identical .

miss sha

I guess turning 21 puts me way out of the teen crowd because I really don't get the everyday appeal of that collection.
lol.gif

Yeah, I want the skincare stuff but overall the fall collections aren't doing anything for me. Lashes and nailpolish and mascara? Naw. I might have to check out the colors of the collections with e/s, but after this collection and Love That Look, plus my F&F haul, I think I'll be good on e/s for a while.

We should start our own club.
lol.gif

ETA I just started collecting makeup in February too. I have a MSFN and a mineralized blush but no straight up MSF. I hope I don't get addicted... at least MAC regular e/s are relatively cheap compared with their other products!

NeonKitty

Quote:
Oh ouch I just saw the promo pics and ........ wth ? okay I'll admit that black writing over the face was somewhat cute but the green goop .. ? it reminds me of that show goosebumps on YTV from when i was like 6 ahahah .

But yaaay for colour craft im SO excited . I'm thinking of completely skipping all of the fall collections other than those 2 that i wanted . hhe . more for msfs . I just started collecting MAC like 2 months ago and i DONT HAVE ANY msfs or mbs
smiles.gif

I'm NC35-37, how would warm blend look on me ? I saw a swatch of it beside blonde msf and they were basically identical .

No it's smooth merge that is identical to blonde. Triple fusion is identical to redhead. warm blend is much darker, not sure if it has a dupe. Have no idea on which would suit you best, seeing as how i barely know what suits me best, lol.

Yeah wth is right with the promo pics.
th_dunno.gif

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss sha
I guess turning 21 puts me way out of the teen crowd because I really don't get the everyday appeal of that collection.
lol.gif

Yeah, I want the skincare stuff but overall the fall collections aren't doing anything for me. Lashes and nailpolish and mascara? Naw. I might have to check out the colors of the collections with e/s, but after this collection and Love That Look, plus my F&F haul, I think I'll be good on e/s for a while.

We should start our own club.
lol.gif

ETA I just started collecting makeup in February too. I have a MSFN and a mineralized blush but no straight up MSF. I hope I don't get addicted... at least MAC regular e/s are relatively cheap compared with their other products!

I just started my addiction at the beginning of the year too. I had some mac stuff, maybe 10 shadows, blacktrack, couple glosses, foundation and concealer, but seriously, how did I go from that to 60+ shadows, 40 blushes/msfs and 48 lippies in a few months?? Thank God for shitty fall collections, I can't afford to keep up.

Civies

Oh right it is smooth merge . I keep getting them mixed up .. the 3 MSFs that I want ahha . I know I'm getting cheeky bronze for sure . Its SO pretty . And the name kills me it's just adorable .

And the colours in Love That Look don't even eally appeal to me . I'm not big on bright colours or anything and purple makes me look bruisedother than colours like stars n rockets lol.|

So guys how about we take over this thread ?

miss sha

Quote:
I just started my addiction at the beginning of the year too. I had some mac stuff, maybe 10 shadows, blacktrack, couple glosses, foundation and concealer, but seriously, how did I go from that to 60+ shadows, 40 blushes/msfs and 48 lippies in a few months?? Thank God for shitty fall collections, I can't afford to keep up.

shockt.gif
shockt.gif
shockt.gif
OMIGAWWWD. 40 blushes/msfs and 48 lippies since January? I don't even want to think about how much all of that set you back. 40 blushes, holygawd, I don't even have that many on my wishlist.
th_worship.gif
If you haven't done a stash post yet I've GOTTA see one.

Quote:
Oh right it is smooth merge . I keep getting them mixed up .. the 3 MSFs that I want ahha . I know I'm getting cheeky bronze for sure . Its SO pretty . And the name kills me it's just adorable .

And the colours in Love That Look don't even eally appeal to me . I'm not big on bright colours or anything and purple makes me look bruisedother than colours like stars n rockets lol.|

So guys how about we take over this thread ?

I can't wait for Cheeky Bronze, it looks gorgeous. I think it'll look great as a soft, glowy highlight on my skintone.

I'm not with you on Love That Look, though, I'm so keen on a ton of the colors and the liners. I'm a e/s whore. I still kinda have that problem with looking bruised, but we've just gotta keep on practicing. We'll get mad blendin' skillz eventually.
lol.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleStar04
I'm skipping Colour Craft and saving more money toward "Love That Look" and "Makeup Art Cosmetics" collections....

Good decision!
thmbup.gif
winks.gif

I want the 130 brush here -sure- and maybe MSF Smooth Merge.

I am so excited for the fall collections!!
th_DANCE.gif

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowingface
is there a quad by that name?? i didnt see...if buckwheat is in that quad..u gve a real cool news...
smiles.gif

thank you

LOL no I meant Natural Flare the Mineralised eyeshadows, it has 4 shades in so I named it quad!!
tong.gif

Susanne

Quote:
No it's smooth merge that is identical to blonde. Triple fusion is identical to redhead. warm blend is much darker, not sure if it has a dupe. Have no idea on which would suit you best, seeing as how i barely know what suits me best, lol.

I would say Blonde and Redhead are similar to Smooth Merge and Triple Fusion, not identical. Look at the pics:

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
brunette

IMG_1364-1.jpg

blonde

IMG_1365-1.jpg

redhead

IMG_1366-1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
cc2_41588586.jpg

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I would say Blonde and Redhead are similar to Smooth Merge and Triple Fusion, not identical. Look at the pics:

Yes I'm well aware of what they look like, I was talking about how they swatched. Observe:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartmakeup
bottom - top & left - right
blonde, smooth merge, redhead, triple fusion

cccswatches1.jpg

cccswatches2.jpg

NeonKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I really want that raspberry strip in Smooth Merge on it's own
th_drool.gif

Yeah it's too bad it's the thin stripe. We need it all on it's own