MAC Divine Night Collection (October 17, 2013)

KrystalAnne

Now trying to fight the urge to order lured to love. Lol
Don't fight that urge, girl. Just DO it!!!

poke.gif

Just kidding. I'm doing the same thing with all 3 blushes.
Do you have blushes like LtL already?

babygirlLAH

Don't fight that urge, girl. Just DO it!!!  :poke: Just kidding. I'm doing the same thing with all 3 blushes.  Do you have blushes like LtL already? 
Lol! No I don't, I wanna get it but the price tag is just a turn off. :/ But knowing me I'll cave in. I have little to no will power over stuff like this lol

EmbalmerBabe

Talk of the town? blush was a nice rose gold as you mentioned Ciao Bellaa. It was too shimmery for me reminded me of a shimmer brick from Bobbi but way more shimmer. PP CSG did not match the lipstick as much as I had wanted it to so I skipped it. I only got PP lipstick and Stares Fluidline. I might go back for a new Macroviolet, and some of the pencil eyeliners, maybe! The polishes were fab but just so overpriced i've seen many close colors at Target & Ulta! So those are a skip for sure. The nude lipstick & CSG were really nice i'm just over nude lippies.

KrystalAnne

But knowing me I'll cave in. I have little to no will power over stuff like this lol
Ugh, the price is killing me too! I think maybe our safest bet is to just go see the cheek products in person when it launches and if you fall in love with it in person, then go for it.

I have a question for all who have seen LtL in person...does it look like the coral color of Adored? I want a blush all that color!

brittbby

Talk of the town? blush was a nice rose gold as you mentioned Ciao Bellaa. It was too shimmery for me reminded me of a shimmer brick from Bobbi but way more shimmer. PP CSG did not match the lipstick as much as I had wanted it to so I skipped it. I only got PP lipstick and Stares Fluidline. I might go back for a new Macroviolet, and some of the pencil eyeliners, maybe! The polishes were fab but just so overpriced i've seen many close colors at Target & Ulta! So those are a skip for sure. The nude lipstick & CSG were really nice i'm just over nude lippies.
Ohhhh your description of talk of the town is making me want to go pick it up Thursday!!! I love shimmer. =\

Msfaszion

GAH! I get frustrated when lip swatches of a collection doesn't come out till days after it has launched. By the time you see swatches and decide what you want, it's all sold out. Happens to me every time. I want to jump on Private Party l/s But, I'm not sure I'll love it. In the few swatches I've seen of it, it's only on the hand and not the lips. And it looks completely different in every swatch. Ugh!
th_wallbash.gif

Go for it you can always return.

Quote: Originally Posted by EmbalmerBabe

Saw the collec, Private Party reminds me of Hot Chocolate
possibly? The red lippie did not impress me it was kinda
boring to me but would look nice with the matching CSG.
PP CSG was not my thing either. Stares fluid line reminds
me of Modern Pewter ED shadow a bit. The polishes are
great but easily dupeable i'm sure. The MsF's were ok
the purple ish one was my fav. Lavish living blush is hot!
Too dark for me though.
ssad.gif

The eyeshadows did'nt interest me.
Excited as I orderd the lavish living blush ...

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by ladyarwen
Well shit. I just discovered that my car's brakes need replacing, as well as a few other things. I might not be able to get anything at all. Only working 8 hours this week doesn't help either.
001_unsure.gif
I hate being an adult sometimes.

I'm having car drama as well. Timing belt issues will lead to about 2k in repairs.
puke.gif

I literally did that in my head when given the verdict.
Me three.

I have a van and one of my sliding doors won't lock with the electronic key fob. So i've had to manually lock and unlock it.

And i was having terrible trouble with my ignition switch - where you put in the key to start the car. I couldn't get the key in, finally get it in and it won't turn, so i have to take it out, but it won't come out... After a lot of tension, i eventually got it to work, so i left one key in the ignition (same color as my steering column and dash) and manually locked and unlocked the door with my spare key. But i couldn't just leave it like that!

Together over $1000 - expensive, but not as bad as yours, Ajigglin. I can't drive without the ignition switch, so i had that fixed. But i put off the sliding door until next month, which means continuing a certain amount of gyrations to lock and unlock. Sigh.

PLUS, Liba's reviews are changing my mind about this collection. At least i don't know of anything i HAVE to buy from MAC in November... yet...

erine1881

I too was confused about the alphabet code when I got on here. I feel bad for the PRO members that are not getting the discount on this collection and for people that are getting cancelled orders. Nordstrom should launch the collection online Thursday as well as the store release. I really want to see the collection in person. EDIT:// Nvm. Just saw the collection up on Nordies.
No one's orders are getting cancelled.
Stop talking about the new system. If you come into the thread and realise that there is something new/different going on...please PM Richelle or Erine. By time y'all finished, everybody and they mama gonna know what's up.
Seriously. :rolleyes:
No idea what the alphabet thing is, but if it has anything to do with when its available on a specific site then I'm not in. No time to PM everyone who wants to buy when I notice its online somewhere. Sorry in advance.
It has nothing to do with PMing anyone.

I think they're trying but failing, personally, because I am seeing them try different things online, like the waiting room - it takes a lot of work behind the scenes to implement something like that and if they don't have the best web programers and stuff on it, yep…problems.  You would think a huge company like Estee Lauder would know how to handle this stuff, but wow, you'd be surprised at how backwards some companies are and EL is still owned and run by a family at the top. That gets very backwards and not modern. No wonder they're not handling all of this so well. They need to keep Customer Service waaaaay more informed too - SO MANY companies have no clue at how important that is until it jumps up and bites them on the butt. The supply issues are thorny too, because it seems like a simple logical thing to make much more stock and get much more money. It's trickier, though, when you have many companies under one umbrella, where the gains on one is supporting the losses of another. We can't exactly blame the original MAC founders, who really did need to sell their business when they did, as there was AIDS tragedy involved. Why is corporate culture so foolish and short sighted about the companies they buy? Ugh - no easy answer for that, but EL's been a bit better keeping the MAC product true to its origins in ways many corporate buy-outs don't even come close to - but those horror stories are not often in the beauty industry the way they are in some others, like publishing for example. Anyways, I just felt like jumping in with a glass half full sort of comment - didn't mean to direct it at you specifically, but I liked your comment and felt it really summed up what a lot of people are feeling so it seemed like the best one to quote to reply from! I love these sorts of intellectual back and forths!
I have been on Spectra a little before Archies Girl... and I am on here like 20 out of the 24hours in the day. I think this is my 10th post (I noticed folks counting) and this is by far the most civilized discussion/comments on here. Confusion brings about drama and disarray. I have watching ladies go back and forth about being veterans and newbies, which is discouraging for someone like me who loves makeup and will spend my last $16.24 on a MAC lipstick (not really) but I want to say thank you Liba for being so positive and full of class at all times.

MakeupForMommy

I was so excited about ordering PP LS and EE LS, i totally forgot about previously ordering smoked purple LS and it arrives tomorrow :yahoo: ! I'm so over this collection now. Well, I say that now but come Thursday, after visiting the Mac Store, I'll probably have a change of heart.

duckrodeo

My Private Party x 2 shipped
flower.gif
now to wait until next Monday to experience it lol. I will live vicariously through others swatches, but also hope that doesn't leave me lemming anything else from this collection
001_unsure.gif

StrongWoman

More shimmer than a BB Shimmerbrick? And that's money saved on Private Party CSG. Thanks for your thoughts!

Latest posts