MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Mini rant: I washed my 226 last night along with all of the brushes I use on a daily basis. This morning, I realized some blue dye from the 226 stained my 239. I am soooo pissed! Now I have to buy a new 239. I guess I'll still use it though. I don't understand why my 226 always had blue dye that came off after I washed it. I forgot to separate it from my white brushes. Anyone else have this problem?

My 239 is permanently stained with Clarity and MUFE #75, lol! it looks sorta lilac. I don't care enough to get a new one though. It's still works, it's just not white

only1angel

I'm on the fence about these lippies! I'm not sure any is unique enough to keep. I took some pics and need your help, okay???? Let me know what works and what doesn't???......

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I think I've seen you say you love dark teals, right? I can't do those at all. We are definitely not Teal Twins.
nope.gif
I can see where BG would not look good on olive skin, but on my pale neutral-yellow skin I am really liking it.

Yup, I love Plumage, Deep Blue Green p/m and just about any teal colour smoked out. I'll be trying Birds & Berries tomorrow and hopefully that'll work better.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
I'm on the fence about these lippies! I'm not sure any is unique enough to keep. I took some pics and need your help, okay???? Let me know what works and what doesn't???......

can you post the links? i'd love to see
drools.gif

LoveMyMakeup

I ended up getting all 4 lippies from this collection, here is Blooming Lovely. Now I am not sure how I feel about this color with my skin tone. I could see this for a night out on the town but not for work or anything......

If any of you are on the fence about this color, here it is on NC 25, 30 and sometimes NC35.

bloominglovelylipstick-1.jpg

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyMakeup
I ended up getting all 4 lippies from this collection, here is Blooming Lovely. Now I am not sure how I feel about this color with my skin tone. I could see this for a night out on the town but not for work or anything......

If any of you are on the fence about this color, here it is on NC 25, 30 and sometimes NC35.

bloominglovelylipstick-1.jpg

OMG what the heck! It looks gorgeous on you! I am NC 25-30 as well and it looks nothing like that on me. Im soo jealous
ssad.gif

Since you bought all 4 lippies, can you please post the other colors on the lips as well, thanks!

LoveMyMakeup

Thank you, it looks better in picture than it does in person...LOL, I might just keep this lipstick just to keep it
smiles.gif
)

I will try to post pics by the end of this week of the other lippies.

I did however wear Peachstock yesterday and it looked chalky on my lips after about an hour of wearing it.

Miss QQ

^^ I agree, BL is gorgeous on you, LoveMyMakeup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Got my Petals & Peacocks
smiles.gif

It is lovely on! It is different on than Gladiola which shows up a little bit deeper on me. P&P is more on the pink fuchsia side with great texture. Sheer, it is stunning.

Can't wait until my Bough Grey comes - prolly tomorrow
girlhaha.gif

I have decided to go with P&P for the lipstick from this collection! I love that you say it is more pink fuchsia.
drools.gif
Maybe BL too, if it doesn't look like death on me. I don't want Ever Hip and Peachstock.

LoveMyMakeup

My favorite from this collection is both of the podwers. I have been wearing Summer Rose for the past 4 days and shell powder along with it for the past 2 days. I know these are re-promotes but I didnt have them and I am so happy I did.

Civies

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Should go well with Brave New Poo.

Funny because all those colours look amazing on my lips. Brave new bronze is my HG and peachstock is amaaaaazing
th_DANCE.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
^^^I can't wear Peachstock, either. Nude Mud is a good description for how it looks on me as well (maybe orangey nude mud for me - ha!). No worries, there are so many other lipsticks to love.
winkiss.gif

It's so weird because when I bought Peachstock last year, I disliked it quite a bit, at least enough to sell it. But I got it again in this packaging and it's one of my faves of the l/s! I don't know what changed. Frankly Fresh l/g on top helps a little too.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
don't forget Poopy Pink
lol.gif

Lol, which color is this? I can't forget Fresh Poo though from HK! So many poo colors, MAC, what's w/ the infatuation?
lol.gif

jenixxx

Hey girls! So I received my items in the mail today, I have to say that Blooming Lovely lipstick and English Accents lipglass are absolute must-haves. I am not a back-up'er and I will be backing these up FOR SURE.

I put Blooming Lovely on very lightly and it looked more pink than purple (despite LoveMyMakeup's beautiful photo above) and is just ridiculously beautiful. Putting English Accents over it just made it even more stunning.

I am NC37-40'ish for reference... DH instantly wanted a huge smooch when he saw my lips!!

These are colous you can easily wear everyday contrary to some other comments I have seen on here - I don't find these to be bright or wild at all, in fact the opposite for me, very pink/purple/neutral. Will def be in my daily rotation.
Not trying to be an enabler.. just for those that are mulling it over I would get these two colours over the others if you want something wearable/tame and that you will actually use.

jenixxx

I also purchased the Medium make-up bag. I am happy with it and think it is really pretty but $36 is a little steep for a make-up bag and I do personally think this item is a bit overpriced although I will be keeping it.

Lastly is Summer Rose BP which I have not tried yet but is worth it for the packaging alone.

So great success (!!!) for me, glad I went for this collection, am loving it. Will love it even more when I get my lippie back-ups.
smiles.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

Indeed, enjoy what you have!

I swatched Scene next to Bough Grey today...little to say, I prefer my blue toned grey to Bough's green.

(posted from sxsw! on a promotional dell product)

only1angel

UGHH! I'm not liking how Peachstock photographs! It looks nice in person, but on camera.....ehhhhhh- It kind of almost looks like concealer!

Dollfaced

ssad.gif
This collection is killing me.
I'm just a student with no job.. I got Shell BP, ever hip l/s, and a lipgloss
I want MORE.
drools.gif

I think I'm just going to get prim &proper blush or blooming lovely or english accents. then hopefully that's it with MAC for a gooood while.

cougargirl

I couldn't get any of the lip colors to work on me when I swatched them. *Shakes head in disgust.* I must be really unique or something! Of course, that leaves more money for eye and cheek products, not an entirely bad thing.

For those still undecided on Prim and Proper and Shell Pearl, I thought I would post the following pic. I am extremely pale - NC15 in Studio Fix Fluid. Maybe this will help those still on the fence. I apologize if this isn't supposed to be in here. Anyway, here it goes. Ignore the hair (it's a disaster) and the lips (they are just me - I didn't feel like reapplying). This picture is five hours into wear, so I thought it might give people a good idea of how long both last when worn. I'm not very good at photographs, so I apologize.

only1angel

As requested, here are some pics of the lippies. I am also wearing Birds & Berries, Bough Grey, and Dame's Desire on the lids in these 2 looks, along with other shades not included in the collection!

Mods- If this is pic heavy and has to be removed, please let me know and I will remove immediately
winks.gif

Ever Hip w/balm underneath to sheer it out

IMG_6912.jpg

IMG_6898.jpg

Peachstock

IMG_6861.jpg

IMG_6881.jpg

Petals & Peacocks w/balm to sheer it out

IMG_6916.jpg

In Synch, Blooming Lovely, and Culture Clash

IMG_6771.jpg

IMG_6836.jpg

WHICH LIPPIE SHOULD I KEEP????????????????
th_confused_new.gif

GlamYOURUs

They all look so beautiful on you! Really! You're so pretty, anything would look good on you but if I were to pick my least fav it would be Peachstock, its a bit orangish and not the right kind.