MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesongx
Just found this in Grazia UK (today's issue), maybe we are getting LOL next week!
23ra2hd.jpg

(Posted this in MAC UK thread too)

Woot Woot
greengrin.gif
Crossing my fingers!

TeresitaMC

I came on quickly to say, for those looking to dupe B&B with Jinx in the UD BOS Vol. II palette as previously suggested, I feel maybe it is a bit bluer. So I mixed my finger swatch of it with Flipside, which is right beside it, and it appears to look like B&B to me! However I do not have B&B to compare so I could be off. It will also depend on your skin tone.

only1angel, when you swatch Jinx with B&B, could you also try a mix of Jinx and Flipside?
smiles.gif
winkiss.gif
If it's not too much trouble! Thank you so much!
greengrin.gif

Also, I love all those lippies on you!! Even peachstock. But like someone said, there's always other nude lippies, so if you're trying to save or cut back, then Peachstock, I guess
lol.gif

obscuria

Since I am avoiding this term paper like the plague, here are a few more comparison shots between Blue India and Bough Grey from this collection to other similar colors that I have.

swatches004.jpg

nails003.jpg

nails002-1.jpg

and Blue India with a few different finishes for top coats.
nails004-2.jpg

Shypo

I FINALLY got my stuff today! What a beautiful collection! My MUA used Bough Grey, GMLOL, and Birds & Berries on me (along with Phloof). It looked great!

I also got Petal & Peacocks and Blooming Lovely l/s which are gorgeous, and got English Accents, Frankly Fresh and Perennial High Style. I did not like the way Peachstock looked on me (like I had NO lips, even with a liner) and Ever Hip was ok. I think I prefer Fresh Salmon so I skipped EH too.

I ordered Delft p/p from the Nordie's website, and am looking forward to using that under B&B.

I also got Two Virtues, Buddy Up and Rhapsody in Two MBs - can't wait to use those!

More new things to play with, but this will be all for quite awhile........

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo

I ordered Delft p/p from the Nordie's website, and am looking forward to using that under B&B.

drools.gif

For some reason I never thought to do that until you mentioned it.

*Goes and redoes makeup*

MzzRach

I am wearing Summer Rose BP today. It is really such a gorgeous colour!

Also wearing Perennial High Style over Sophisto lipstick. Loving it.

th_e2cloud9.gif

kiss

only1angel- Blooming Lovely looks great! I don't know what you were talking about it being deathly on you at all.

I think Blooming lovely looks more subtle on paler skintones. I would have no problem in wearing it to school or work. But on darker skintones it does look not so subtle and kinda like heatherette melrose mood looks on me but more lavender.. Blooming Lovely doesn't look lavender on me. On me it's way more mauvey...

kiss

I don't like peachstock at all..it's such an unflattering color.. it does remind me of orange concealer.

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I don't like peachstock at all..it's such an unflattering color.. it does remind me of orange concealer.

I really didn't think I would like this color because of how it looked on other people, but on me it doesn't look orange at all. I think it might be because of my skin coloring and the fact that my lips are brownish pink in pigmentation, but it is probably one of the better neutrals on me since other neutrals that work well for a lot of people make my lips look too light and unnatural.

I just think that people need to be careful about this one, swatch it in stores first! It's a really picky color in terms of who it will work for.

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_aiken
For the person who asked about SP vs RIT, they are very similar but RIT is much more glittery/frosty.

Thank you! I was surprised how frosty RIT was. If I buff it in good could it look like Shell Pearl? I'm trying to make wise choices with this collection.
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I really didn't think I would like this color because of how it looked on other people, but on me it doesn't look orange at all. I think it might be because of my skin coloring and the fact that my lips are brownish pink in pigmentation, but it is probably one of the better neutrals on me since other neutrals that work well for a lot of people make my lips look too light and unnatural.

I just think that people need to be careful about this one, swatch it in stores first! It's a really picky color in terms of who it will work for.

It's looking like the girls who are a little pink-y have trouble pulling off Peachstock, whereas the girls with yellow undertones are pulling it off fantastically. So glad I passed.

Teggy

I really want to try out A Different Groove and Blooming Lovely. I see BL sold out on the web site, so I'm skeptical about finding it. What I'd like to see though is A Different Groove swatched on lips. I've only seen it on hands. Looks cool, but I need a little more insight.

Ah well, maybe I can try to go on tomorrow's lunch. No time after work.

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
I really want to try out A Different Groove and Blooming Lovely. I see BL sold out on the web site, so I'm skeptical about finding it. What I'd like to see though is A Different Groove swatched on lips. I've only seen it on hands. Looks cool, but I need a little more insight.

Ah well, maybe I can try to go on tomorrow's lunch. No time after work.

I tried ADG on today and there is NO way I can pull it off (I'm NW20/25)......BUT, it's a great dramatic option if you have the right coloring or are looking for what I would call a 'vamp' look -

xxAngelxx

I am SO excited! I got to play with my goodies yesterday. I just wanted to say I am in LOVE with Blooming Lovely. It looked so beautiful with just a touch of Lavender Wind. And Bough Gray was the gray I hoped it would be! I put it over Stray Gray paint pot and it was perfect. I am so pleased with this collection. The colors, the packaging, its all so wonderful. Now on to the rest of my LOL goodies...

Hypathya

Hi girlies!!! Hopefully, this time I'm back to stay!!
greengrin.gif

I've been so busy I haven't had any time to hang around!! I've missed so much fun and excitement
ssad.gif
and above all...I've missed you soo much girls
yes.gif
!!

It's funny... I've been soo busy, I've stopped wearing make up whenever I stayed at home (spring cleaning among other things), even with my brand new SCF goodies, can't you believe it???
th_confused_new.gif
... then, I have once more my spare "Specktra" time... I read two posts... and suddenly I get back my urge to wear make up
cutey.gif
!!!

mac_addict.gif
and PROUD & HAPPY to be one!!!
th_DANCE.gif

blusherie

My Frankly Fresh l/g came in the mail today! It's the perfect nude-ish l/g for me - I'm so happy I decided to get it!

LoveMyMakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by soveryfabulous
OMG Blooming Lovely looks stunning on you! I'm NC25 as well, and though I like it, it doesn't look like that on me LOL

Thank you
smiles.gif

Blooming Lovely is a hit or miss and I just want to keep it to keep it..hehe