MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

only1angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
mine is straight up grey too. remember fashion staflash? now that's a grey-green/blue
drools.gif

I LOVE Fashion!!!!!
drools.gif
drools.gif

I've been ignoring it lately
ssad.gif
, I think I'm going to use it in my look tomorrow so that it doesn't feel left out from the other shadows in my palette
tong.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
So I got to go to Nordies yesterday & everything was sold out - even ALL of the new lip pencils!
icon_eek.gif

Their tester of Bough Grey sucked too - I better like mine
ssad.gif

Karin - I got to go to Anthropology
smiles.gif
Medium damage
lol.gif

Ooh, what didja get?! I'm holding out to do my damage in Dallas. It's so hard!

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1angel
On almost all the swatches I've seen of Bough Grey, it has a bit of green/teal in it. But mine is completely grey
th_dunno.gif
lol I see no green in it whatsoever! Mine is like a dusty grey shade. Is anyone else's Bough Grey like this??? I mean I still like mine, it's nice to create a soft, smokey look. But it's just grey!

Yup. It looks sorta green on the swatches but on the eye it's just grey. I want a buttery smooth veluxe pearl green-grey.

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Yup. It looks sorta green on the swatches but on the eye it's just grey. I want a buttery smooth veluxe pearl green-grey.

Yes Please!!!
yes.gif

only1angel

Quote:

Me too!!!!!!!
drools.gif

purrtykitty

I think Bough Grey might be one of those that it depends on what you pair it with. I noticed the green in it when I paired it with a purple.

I'd totally pounce on a VP green-grey shadow, though.

elegant-one

Quote:
On almost all the swatches I've seen of Bough Grey, it has a bit of green/teal in it. But mine is completely grey
th_dunno.gif
lol I see no green in it whatsoever! Mine is like a dusty grey shade. Is anyone else's Bough Grey like this??? I mean I still like mine, it's nice to create a soft, smokey look. But it's just grey!

Just got mine & it is a greenish grey. That is how it looks applied just on my naked lid
smiles.gif

The greenish cast is obvious - even hubby noticed *snickers*
I like it & it does make the hazel in my eyes pop like Monica said.

I wonder how it would look over Greenstroke pp

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Ooh, what didja get?! I'm holding out to do my damage in Dallas. It's so hard!

I got the cutest blue & white striped cami & a shorter navy & white striped skirt, a sale stuffed bunny & some fun paper pad stuff for gifts. That's it! Its soooo hard - its a nice store & they had a lot of cute things

Oh, they had the bestest buttercream cupcakes out for St. Patty's day - so I grab one of those
smiles.gif

Teggy

I tried out a few things today. First up, Blooming Lovely...which was quite lovely, but similar enough to Gaga that I didn't need it. Fabulous color for blondes. The lady helping me (possibly a tranny...this is L.A.) had me try on Petals & Peacocks which was super fun and bright. Sure, I've been wanting a color like that to wear under date night, but I didn't think I'd wear it enough to justify buying it.

I also tried on A Different Groove lipglass because I couldn't find a lip swatch online. On me, it looked like other berry colors I owned. It looked much more red/brown in photos. Disappointing.

Finally, I swiped some Shell Pearl beauty powder next to Rice Paper eye shadow and found them to be similar enough to not dish out $25 for it. I do want a nice highlight powder, but that was a bit much.

tthelwell

So I always read these posts but I never join in...just a lurker...

But I wanted to share my swatches of my goodies so it may help someone else...

I got Bough Grey and Birds 'n' Berries e/s and Blooming Lovely and Petals 'n' Peacocks l/s....LOVE! My Bough Grey has a definite green tint...maybe it has to do with ur undertone? or what u pair it with?

I also added pics of me wearing Blooming Lovely for a look...just to show that ladies of color shudn't be scared of it at all (I'm NC45 for reference)....
greengrin.gif

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01886.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

DSC02107.jpg

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teggy
I tried out a few things today. First up, Blooming Lovely...which was quite lovely, but similar enough to Gaga that I didn't need it. Fabulous color for blondes. The lady helping me (possibly a tranny...this is L.A.) had me try on Petals & Peacocks which was super fun and bright. Sure, I've been wanting a color like that to wear under date night, but I didn't think I'd wear it enough to justify buying it.

I also tried on A Different Groove lipglass because I couldn't find a lip swatch online. On me, it looked like other berry colors I owned. It looked much more red/brown in photos. Disappointing.

Finally, I swiped some Shell Pearl beauty powder next to Rice Paper eye shadow and found them to be similar enough to not dish out $25 for it. I do want a nice highlight powder, but that was a bit much.

I love when I find a MAC who has one or a drag queen working because they have no qualms about telling what will or won't work. It's so refreshing! I've been talked into stuff that I would never have tried, and talked out of things that I was dead-set on getting. And they insist you try stuff on, too! I've met too many MA's who acted like it was an imposition to try anything on.

Sophia84

I'm really lemming Shell Pearl Beauty Powder, but I already have many MSFs and Pearl Sunshine BP, what to do??? Save my money??

*JJ*

Quote:
I LOVE Fashion!!!!!
drools.gif
drools.gif

I've been ignoring it lately
ssad.gif
, I think I'm going to use it in my look tomorrow so that it doesn't feel left out from the other shadows in my palette
tong.gif

i haven't used fashion since i bought it, i don't know what to do with it
th_dunno.gif

what e/s do you pair it with?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthelwell

DSC02107.jpg

Ohmygoodness - dang you're gorgeous! Please don't just lurk
smiles.gif

I want my eyes to have the beautiful wide almond look to them like yours
sigh.gif

th_drool.gif

Shypo

I used Prim & Proper blush today for the first time...... LOVE!!
love.gif
With Shell Pearl BP over it.......
love.gif
love.gif
!!! I did a soft eye with Naked Lunch, Et Tu, Bouquet? and Crystal Avalanche (with Carbon to deepen the crease). Lips were a few different things over the course of the day.

This is the first day I haven't worn one of the ombres - now it's a toss up!!!
tong.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shypo
I used Prim & Proper blush today for the first time...... LOVE!!
love.gif
With Shell Pearl BP over it.......
love.gif
love.gif
!!! I did a soft eye with Naked Lunch, Et Tu, Bouquet? and Crystal Avalanche (with Carbon to deepen the crease). Lips were a few different things over the course of the day.

This is the first day I haven't worn one of the ombres - now it's a toss up!!!
tong.gif

Awesome! That sounds so lovely. I forgot about crystal avalanche.

I know, I wore HK Tippy blush yesterday - first I hadn't worn the ombre too
winks.gif

still love Tippy blush

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
th_welcomeback2.png

Oh! Thanks dear!!! Glad to be back!!!
kissy.gif

Quote:
I want a buttery smooth veluxe pearl green-grey.

I'd kill for it!!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthelwell

But I wanted to share my swatches of my goodies so it may help someone else...

I got Bough Grey and Birds 'n' Berries e/s and Blooming Lovely and Petals 'n' Peacocks l/s....LOVE! My Bough Grey has a definite green tint...maybe it has to do with ur undertone? or what u pair it with?

I also added pics of me wearing Blooming Lovely for a look...just to show that ladies of color shudn't be scared of it at all (I'm NC45 for reference)....
greengrin.gif

DSC02107.jpg

Welcome to the posting world!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Thanks so much for those pics!!! Elegant is soo right, you're absolutely gorgeous!!! Please keep posting!!
winkiss.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Hi girlies!!! Hopefully, this time I'm back to stay!!
greengrin.gif

I've been so busy I haven't had any time to hang around!! I've missed so much fun and excitement
ssad.gif
and above all...I've missed you soo much girls
yes.gif
!!

Missed you around here too - you happy funny gal!

btw - I've been wearing the new lip pencils - even if I'm cleaning the toilet
lol.gif