MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

tthelwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Tina, you are so gorgeous! BL is fantastic on you!

Thx purrty! I love Blooming Lovely....it's a great light purple-ly pink on me...like Gaga (which I didn't get). The amplified texture is awesome!
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Ohmygoodness - dang you're gorgeous! Please don't just lurk
smiles.gif

I want my eyes to have the beautiful wide almond look to them like yours
sigh.gif

th_drool.gif

Heee heee! Thx Elegant! That is sooooo sweet!!
winkiss.gif

I think ur eyes r gorgeous! I do have a lot of lid space to work with tho...so it's fun.....shhhh...don't tell anyone but my lids are UNEVEN! One is hooded and one is regular
th_mad0217.gif
amuse.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Welcome to the posting world!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Thanks so much for those pics!!! Elegant is soo right, you're absolutely gorgeous!!! Please keep posting!!
winkiss.gif

Thx Hypathya!
th_DANCE.gif
*BLUSHES*
I post on here on the FOTD board mainly...and then I lurk and read all the great chatter u guys have LOL LOL
specktra_rocks.gif

Hypathya

Elegant, I've missed you too... and all the laughter you bring to my days!!!
kissy.gif

Quote:
btw - I've been wearing the new lip pencils - even if I'm cleaning the toilet
lol.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
I know what you mean!!!

Yesterday, I couldn't resist more, and finished my spring cleaning with Electric Fushia on my lips!! I felt like Cindirella
greengrin.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
I love when I find a MAC who has one or a drag queen working because they have no qualms about telling what will or won't work. It's so refreshing! I've been talked into stuff that I would never have tried, and talked out of things that I was dead-set on getting. And they insist you try stuff on, too! I've met too many MA's who acted like it was an imposition to try anything on.

Amen to this! I don't care whether you are animal, vegetable or mineral - if you know makeup and know how to put looks together, that's all that matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
tthelwell you are stunning! You need to post more!!
smiles.gif

I agree! I've seen your FOTD's and you're just genius, on top of being gorgeous.
yes.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthelwell
Thx Hypathya!
th_DANCE.gif
*BLUSHES*
I post on here on the FOTD board mainly...and then I lurk and read all the great chatter u guys have LOL LOL
specktra_rocks.gif

Oh I know, I'm a major fan of your looks!!! Back in the days when I spend lots of time here (last month
lol.gif
) I used to look and post at every single one you posted!!!

lol.gif
lol.gif
I'm such a drama queen!!!

Shypo

Quote:
I know, I wore HK Tippy blush yesterday - first I hadn't worn the ombre too
winks.gif

still love Tippy blush

Oh, I agree - I was just over on the HK and KK Part II thread talking about Tippy - I was able to get a backup at a CCO a few months ago - so glad I did! Happy not to have to worry about running out of a fave blush now!

Shypo

Quote:
So I always read these posts but I never join in...just a lurker...

But I wanted to share my swatches of my goodies so it may help someone else...

I got Bough Grey and Birds 'n' Berries e/s and Blooming Lovely and Petals 'n' Peacocks l/s....LOVE! My Bough Grey has a definite green tint...maybe it has to do with ur undertone? or what u pair it with?

I also added pics of me wearing Blooming Lovely for a look...just to show that ladies of color shudn't be scared of it at all (I'm NC45 for reference)....
greengrin.gif

DSC01874.jpg

DSC01875.jpg

DSC01886.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

DSC02107.jpg

Girl, those are some gorgeous lips.....and your whole 'look' is amazing! Quite the talent you have! Can't wait to see your other FOTDs!

elegant-one

Quote:
Heee heee! Thx Elegant! That is sooooo sweet!!
winkiss.gif

I think ur eyes r gorgeous! I do have a lot of lid space to work with tho...so it's fun.....shhhh...don't tell anyone but my lids are UNEVEN! One is hooded and one is regular
th_mad0217.gif
amuse.gif

bouquet.gif
blush-anim-cl.gif
Thanks doll!

I think mine are small - I would rather have yours. Can I make my eyes look like that, other than plastic surgery
lol.gif
can I fake it with the makeup...I would love to see a tutorial on this. Thanks!

stv578

I finally got around to trying most of my LOL items. Blooming Lovely and Every Hip are both amazing lippies. Ever Hip doesn't look at all like it does in teh tube, just a gorgeous light coral colour, the perfect coral I've been looking for. Blooming Lovely is pretty too, but like Gaga, I can only apply this lightly.

Finally, I tried Birds & Berries. This is a really pretty dusty teal blue shade. It's definitely a lot more wearable for me than the brighter teals, like Parrot or Cool Heat, but still very much a teal.

MelodyAngel

I made a visit to my counter, and they are selling out of everything!! The lipsticks are all sold out, as are the glosses, except for A Different Groove...Both beauty powders, and Prim and Proper...also, Bough Grey and B&B are gone as well!! My MA said that they are not going to get more LOL either...
nope.gif
They still have plenty of Spring Colour Forecast stock though...I just bought a backup of Ripe Peach today. They had both, Ripe Peach and Azalea Blossom. I don't recall seeing anything with a sold out sticker except for the quad 4.

I really wanted to get Blooming Lovely, but I ended up buying thier last Gaga instead!

TeresitaMC

^ I went to a MAC today and they had two Azalea Blossom testers and a Ripe Beach tester with the Sold Out sticker beside them. Oh how sad

I pretty much stuck with my initial list. The 3 lipglasses (PHS, FF and EA).
I love them all. PHS even more so than I thought.
smiles.gif

I swatched a few of the e/s but didn't want to pay attention to them as Shell Pearl was calling me!!

The MA applied it on me and then with Well Dressed blush over top. We looked in the mirror of the part of the store with 'the best lighting' and I was in awe
love.gif
But whenever I looked in a compact mirror I felt like I could really see my pores. I never seen this sight before lol. At home now it's not as bad. I will have to try it on again
smiles.gif

Bough Grey, while I do sort of want it, I will wait for Gazette Grey. Oh well. And Birds and Berries, as mentioned, it may be able to be duped with the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II...not sure yet.

cougargirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
^^ everything except peachstock! You look lovely in everything else.

& cougargirl, stop apologizing for everything when you're so gorgeous
love.gif
. I love that glow on your cheeks it looks so healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
cougargirl, I love the combo on you! Cannot wait for Primp & Proper to arrive
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Cougargirl that cheek combo looks great on you. I'm also NC15 and very happy with them too...I also feel the same as you do about the lip products in this collection. Of the ones I thought could possibly work on me...Frankly Fresh was just plain ugly (my pigmented lips may be the problem there), Blooming Lovely was downright laughabe, and Ever Hip was ok but I much prefer similar-but-different shades like Made With Love. They all look great on you though only1angel, tho I agree with everyone including you on Peachstock not being the best....I've never been a fan of that one on myself either.

Quote:
Funny, Scene is purple-grey on me!

only1angel...you look gorgeous in all those lippies, but I agree, Peachstock isn't doing much. I think you can do better!!

Cougargirl...that cheek combo is gorgeous on you!

Thank you ladies for all the kind words! They are much appreciated. I am really enjoying all my new goodies. I even ordered some more to go along with them. I decided to pick up Bough Grey and Dame's Desire since I am apparently weak as of late. I am also now seriously considering Summer Rose. It looks so pretty, and I've seen so many paler ladies rave about it. Maybe I am missing out.......
th_confused_new.gif

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyAngel
I made a visit to my counter, and they are selling out of everything!! The lipsticks are all sold out, as are the glosses, except for A Different Groove...Both beauty powders, and Prim and Proper...also, Bough Grey and B&B are gone as well!! My MA said that they are not going to get more LOL either...
nope.gif
They still have plenty of Spring Colour Forecast stock though...I just bought a backup of Ripe Peach today. They had both, Ripe Peach and Azalea Blossom. I don't recall seeing anything with a sold out sticker except for the quad 4.

I really wanted to get Blooming Lovely, but I ended up buying thier last Gaga instead!

Wow they still had AZ and RP?!? Whoa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
^ I went to a MAC today and they had two Azalea Blossom testers and a Ripe Beach tester with the Sold Out sticker beside them. Oh how sad

I pretty much stuck with my initial list. The 3 lipglasses (PHS, FF and EA).
I love them all. PHS even more so than I thought.
smiles.gif

I swatched a few of the e/s but didn't want to pay attention to them as Shell Pearl was calling me!!

The MA applied it on me and then with Well Dressed blush over top. We looked in the mirror of the part of the store with 'the best lighting' and I was in awe
love.gif
But whenever I looked in a compact mirror I felt like I could really see my pores. I never seen this sight before lol. At home now it's not as bad. I will have to try it on again
smiles.gif

Bough Grey, while I do sort of want it, I will wait for Gazette Grey. Oh well. And Birds and Berries, as mentioned, it may be able to be duped with the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. II...not sure yet.

Don't feel alone girl! I skipped B&B and I will wait for Gazette Grey also and not look back!

LMD84

Quote:
Missed you around here too - you happy funny gal!

btw - I've been wearing the new lip pencils - even if I'm cleaning the toilet
lol.gif

hee hee! doing it in style baby!
smiles.gif

tthelwell you look AMAZING! you should post more
smiles.gif
we'd love to see more from you
yes.gif

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya

lol.gif
lol.gif
I know what you mean!!!

Yesterday, I couldn't resist more, and finished my spring cleaning with Electric Fushia on my lips!! I felt like Cindirella
greengrin.gif

lol.gif
I'm at home with a bad cold, but I had to try only1angel's Silverthorn-look nevertheless - I spend the day either in bed or on the sofa, feeling rotten, but at least looking very pretty!

Yay for wearing make-up at home!

And, only1angel - that look is fabulous!!!!!!!!

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I agree! I've seen your FOTD's and you're just genius, on top of being gorgeous.
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
tthelwell you are stunning! You need to post more!!
smiles.gif

iagree.gif
And I would kill for lips like yours *sigh*

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
lol.gif
I'm at home with a bad cold, but I had to try only1angel's Silverthorn-look nevertheless - I spend the day either in bed or on the sofa, feeling rotten, but at least looking very pretty!

Yay for wearing make-up at home!

And, only1angel - that look is fabulous!!!!!!!!

I'm so tempted to go and do my makeup, despite that I'm going to be at home studying all day. But I'm trying to resist, because I think I've noticed my skin looking better when it gets to "rest" from makeup for a while.
smiles.gif

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
So am I
ssad.gif

It's really starting to get on my nerves - it just doesn't get better!
*passes box of kleenex*