MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Today I recieve both Bough Grey e/s and Frankly Fresh l/g this evening! I cannot wait to play with them!!

Yes, please do! These are the two items I'm not sure about. Bough Grey because most of the MUA reviews are horrible and say that there are problems with pigmentation and showing up on the eyes and Frankly Fresh because I'm not sure it's unique or different enough in comparison with my other lgs.

Any opinions would be much appreciated
yes.gif

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-lilly
Yes, please do! These are the two items I'm not sure about. Bough Grey because most of the MUA reviews are horrible and say that there are problems with pigmentation and showing up on the eyes and Frankly Fresh because I'm not sure it's unique or different enough in comparison with my other lgs.

yes.gif

Miss lilly do you when the collection will be here???? I'm so undecided about the things I wanna get, I change my list 5 times a day
tong.gif

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Miss lilly do you when the collection will be here???? I'm so undecided about the things I wanna get, I change my list 5 times a day
tong.gif

Sadly, I have no idea
th_dunno.gif

I also constantly change my list but I guess we'll have to see it IRL

I read somewhere (I think in the Europe or Germany thread here on Specktra) that the prices will be higher than usual (at least in Germany) and if I remember correctly the blush will be 23 euros and the BPs 28 euros?
If that happens, I'll def. cut down my list a lot because I refuse to pay that much for MAC
nope.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
Guess what I got today!
tong.gif
th_wink3.gif
th_happy1.gif

choochoo.gif
for nice MAs
smiles.gif

Spill the beans, what did you get?

InspiredBlue

I love my MA's. I think I might have to get them flowers or something at some point.
greengrin.gif

I ended up getting:
Blooming Lovely l/s
Dame's Desire e/s
Bough Grey e/s
Birds & Berries e/s
Shell Pearl b/p These were all on my original list.

+ 1 extra thing I fell for when I was swatching: Enlish Accents l/g
kissy.gif

And I got one of those little silver vinyl makeup bags with a long pink pulley thing (I think it's from the christmas sets?) as a freebie, since I spent quite a bit.

So happy! I will definitely be doing a Liberty look tomorrow.
th_DANCE.gif

And the packaging is so lovely! I just keep staring at the boxes.. I haven't even taken my stuff out. Oh, I put some English Accents on on the way home, but I put it back in it's box.
lol.gif
This collection is making me do strange things...

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^ Great, Susanne! What's on your list again?

I want

BP Shell Pearl
e/s Birds & Berries
e/s Bough Grey
l/s Blooming Lovely
l/g English Accent
l/g Perennial High Style
n/p Blue India
blush Dirty Plum

smiles.gif

Sophia84

Quote:
Sadly, I have no idea
th_dunno.gif

I also constantly change my list but I guess we'll have to see it IRL

I read somewhere (I think in the Europe or Germany thread here on Specktra) that the prices will be higher than usual (at least in Germany) and if I remember correctly the blush will be 23 euros and the BPs 28 euros?
If that happens, I'll def. cut down my list a lot because I refuse to pay that much for MAC
nope.gif

WTF2.gif
th_stormy.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
Are they kidding me????
th_mad0217.gif
rants.gif

If I go and see that the price of Blue India is raised I will..........
angry.gif
rants.gif
censored.gif
I already find 13 euros for a Mac nail polish totally ridiculous!!!!!!!
angry.gif

Babylard

Quote:

yes.gif

i find bough grey fairly decent, not uber pigmented, but decent. it is a staple shade especially if you don't own many greys. i just *pat* it on my lid with 239 or 214 on top of my regular base: UDPP or too faced, then paint pot. sometimes ill use nyx jumbo pencils under as well if i want color to be intensified but i do that for any other eyeshadow. maybe if you are sweeping bough grey on, it might be less desireable since you are sweeping a lot of it away? but sweeping does give you a softer look.

bough grey looks quite gorgeous especially if you are layering it with high frosty shades. i love it with unbasic white on the inner half, bough grey on the rest of the lid, a little silver fog to blend, and some black on the inner V. its a very basic smokey eye. for a softer look i'd probably try it in the crease with grand entrance on the lid.

can't you tell, i love starflash lol
mac_addict.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Prim & Proper is definitely pigmented. I got home and applied it heavily on my cheeks and the colour is reddish. It looks pretty when I apply just enough so I hope I can do that with practise.

Agreed, one quick swipe over the blush is more than enough to do a cheek. And even then, I usually tap a little off. It's such a pretty, neutral color.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue

+ 1 extra thing I fell for when I was swatching: Enlish Accents l/g
kissy.gif

I haven't even taken my stuff out. Oh, I put some English Accents on on the way home, but I put it back in it's box.
lol.gif
This collection is making me do strange things...

lol.gif
That is too cute. I LOVE the color of English Accents!

I just ordered another Blooming Lovely when the site restocked - then it sold out again.

Enjoy your lovely goodies

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Agreed, one quick swipe over the blush is more than enough to do a cheek. And even then, I usually tap a little off. It's such a pretty, neutral color.

ah good idea! ive been getting lazy and just applying things straight to my face. i should remember i could swipe it on the back of my hand first
yes.gif

kiss

I saw the scarf out on display for the first time and wow it feels so cheap! I was surprised, I thought it would at least feel nicely soft considering the price.

Iam loving Prim & Proper, it's been my everyday blush lately!

dreamer246

Quote:
Winnie, only three items for you, and a fourth one on the way?
winks.gif
Enjoy your goodies! If BL is still available when I go to the counter this weekend, should I get it? I don't have Lavender Whip and I didn't like it much.

I think at least 2 more items are on its way - Prim & Proper and Blue India. Still undecided about Blooming Lovely; I'll have to try it on my lips first. I suggest you do the same, to see if it's worth getting. It is definitely darker than Lavender Whip though.

Shell Pearl looks good too. My MA layered it over Prim and Proper blush, and it looks amazing. Seems like the blush has some plummy undertones to it (which makes it really unique), or am I mistaken?

Trying to restrict my MAC buying, and I think I'm finally getting better at that self-control thing...
winks.gif

only1angel

Quote:

yes.gif

I actually like Bough Grey. I don't think it's horrible in pigmentation, although I would have liked if it was darker. And I was also expecting a bit of green in it. My Bough Grey is a true light grey! I don't have a plain grey shade like this in my collection so I will keep it! And I agree with Babylard, it's best to pat the shadow on. I do this with all my shadows. You get better pigmentaion as well as less fallout!
yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growing Wings
I'm really really tempted to get Ever Hip l/s. Is it really that unique, or can I get away with skipping it?

I hated it at first! It seemed so orange! But then I tried sheering it out and layering it on top of other lippies, and it's gorgeous!!!! I'm coming to realize that I have to play around with my MAC goodies a few times before making a decision about the ones I don't like! I tend to try a product once, then say I HATE IT lolol, then 5 days later I'm loving them and buying backups lololol So if you get Ever Hip, definitely try it different ways before you make a decision about whether or not you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard

bough grey looks quite gorgeous especially if you are layering it with high frosty shades. i love it with unbasic white on the inner half, bough grey on the rest of the lid, a little silver fog to blend, and some black on the inner V. its a very basic smokey eye. for a softer look i'd probably try it in the crease with grand entrance on the lid.

drools.gif

InspiredBlue

Here's my look for the day. Since I spent way too much time on my makeup, PhotoBooth is the best I can do now that I'm on the train.
smiles.gif

I used Bough Grey on the lid, with B&B in the crease, Suave Intentions (Love Lace) in the inner corner and Dame's Desire under the eye. Lips are Blooming + English, and I have Shell Pearl on top of my cheekbones, with Nars Orgasm for blush. Those two go great together btw.

photoon20100331at07023.jpg
photoon20100331at0704.jpg