MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

blusherie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
Quick question.. (looking from my avatar which is a bit darker than i feel i am in person).. which of those lipsticks would look good on nc30/nc35?

im thinking of getting either peachstock, everhip or even blooming lovely and that wouldn't be so bright on me? but i feel like i wanna get outta my comfort zone and get petals and peacocks or ever hip! lol i don't know!

I have about the same skin tone as you and I love ever hip!! It does not look orange on me at all. It is bright, but I'm bold enough to wear it (and I generally stick to neutrals). Definitely give it a try!

TeresitaMC

Everyone is basically making me think that it is a crime to have Shell Pearl and not Prim & Proper!
lol.gif
As though they go together so well! (I'm sure they do). But I must resist. It's so tiny...
Can I accomplish this awesome look that everyone loves with my regular bronzer?

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Everyone is basically making me think that it is a crime to have Shell Pearl and not Prim & Proper!
lol.gif
As though they go together so well! (I'm sure they do). But I must resist. It's so tiny...

prim and proper doesnt really look like a bronzer due to that weird pinky red tone to it. but i gues you could put a touch of pink on top of bronzer and get a similar tone?
th_dunno.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomnessWithK
Quick question.. (looking from my avatar which is a bit darker than i feel i am in person).. which of those lipsticks would look good on nc30/nc35?

im thinking of getting either peachstock, everhip or even blooming lovely and that wouldn't be so bright on me? but i feel like i wanna get outta my comfort zone and get petals and peacocks or ever hip! lol i don't know!

I'm NC35, and Ever Hip looked great on me. The color isn't too strong since it's only a cremesheen finish, so I'm pretty sure you can pull it off!

GlamYOURUs

After much contemplating, I have decided that I am going to take Petals & Peacocks back as its too purple on my lips. I love the pink in it but it doesn't justify keeping it. Now I have 0 lippies from this collection after buying 3 of them. lol Sad.

For reference I am NC30.

1 UP Mushrooms

I'm trying to decide if I should get Shell Pearl. For those who have both Perfect Topping & Shell Pearl which do you like better as a highlighter? Or which of the two would make a subtler highlighter? I would like to decide between the two. For reference I'm NC25.
winks.gif

RandomnessWithK

i'm debating about getting Shell Pearl too.. everyone that seems to have it, uses it with Prim & Proper blush.. i don't know which one to get! lol..
smiles.gif

they are both so lovely!

kiss

Quote:
lol.gif

Not really. I tried putting a bit of pink on top of a bronzy color but it didn't look the same at all. Prim & Proper looks neautral peachy with a hint of vintage rosy pink. Blushes is what I collect the most and honestly I haven't seen a color quite like it at all.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 UP Mushrooms
I'm trying to decide if I should get Shell Pearl. For those who have both Perfect Topping & Shell Pearl which do you like better as a highlighter? Or which of the two would make a subtler highlighter? I would like to decide between the two. For reference I'm NC25.
winks.gif

I am NC 25 as well and I have both since yesterday
winks.gif
I haven't tried Shell Pearl much, but my first impression is that it is different from Perfect Topping.
A subtler highlighter is Perfect Topping I guess, but the packaging of Shell Pearl is
drools.gif

Susanne

Quote:
lol.gif

No!
winks.gif
I bought Shell Pearl and Dirty Plum. These two were my faves, so I got them. I have a lot of other blushes which work with Shell Pearl I think.

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
prim and proper doesnt really look like a bronzer due to that weird pinky red tone to it. but i gues you could put a touch of pink on top of bronzer and get a similar tone?
th_dunno.gif

That's true. Thanks! Not sure if I'd want to go through the trouble though and possibly messing up the look
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
Not really. I tried putting a bit of pink on top of a bronzy color but it didn't look the same at all. Prim & Proper looks neautral peachy with a hint of vintage rosy pink. Blushes is what I collect the most and honestly I haven't seen a color quite like it at all.

Oh there goes my next thought of wondering if there's a dupe for P&P
lol.gif
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
No!
winks.gif
I bought Shell Pearl and Dirty Plum. These two were my faves, so I got them. I have a lot of other blushes which work with Shell Pearl I think.

Thanks, Susanne! As the MA said when I went to see GMLOL, Shell Pearl will work with anything
lol.gif
greengrin.gif

Susanne

Ok, the more I look at it and touch it, the more I love the packaging!! This is the best special packaging since Hello Kitty!
th_sign_woot.gif
Awesome. So glad I got BP Shell Pearl, I can always switch another powder into it.

LMD84

even if shell pearl is like perfect topping i wouldn't mind. because i love perfect topping so much!
smiles.gif

Pinky & Poodle

Why is this collection not up on the UK site yet
angry.gif

I'm getting Shell Pearl without P&P as well, I don't really do neutrals

Here is my list:

Birds & Berries
Bough Grey
Dames Desire
Petals & Peacocks
Shell Pearl
Summer Rose
Dirty Plum
English Accents

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Ok, the more I look at it and touch it, the more I love the packaging!! This is the best special packaging since Hello Kitty!
th_sign_woot.gif
Awesome. So glad I got BP Shell Pearl, I can always switch another powder into it.

iagree.gif
love.gif
This is why GMLOL reminds me of HK!
heart.gif
hellokitty.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
love.gif
This is why GMLOL reminds me of HK!
heart.gif
hellokitty.gif

iagree.gif

My GMLOL just got an own clear box to be storaged - just like Hello Kitty
lol.gif
I love it so much, it must get an extra treatment here
winks.gif
This way I can always look at the two special collections.

DSC01232-1.jpg

DSC01230-1.jpg

InspiredBlue

I got Shell Pearl and skipped Prim & Proper. It looked so brown when I swatched it, I really didn't think it was pretty at all. I combine Shell Pearl with Nars Orgasm.
smiles.gif

*JJ*

i only bought english accents today.

birds+berries looked nice, but i have strike a pose so i passed. i swatched bough grey too but the color pay-off wasn't that great and it was way too green for my taste.

i loved blooming lovely, it is such a gorgeous color! too bad it looked horrible on me, the texture is lovely.

shell pearl didn't wow me either, neither did the blushes.
summer rose is pretty but i already have a new HG pinky blush - illamasqua's katie blush. it's pure love!

i loved the collection, i just felt that i already have most of the stuff (or very similiar things).

well, off to the next collection
tong.gif

Wannabe Junkie

I'm going mad waiting for this to come out here! I've been eyeing up prim & proper but I'm not sure if it's too close in colour to cubic blush for me to justify it? If anyone has both I'd love your opinion on whether or not they are similar.

DollyGirl92

I just got my stuff! less than I thought I was guna get.
I bought Summer Rose, Birds & Berries, Blooming lovely and Petals & Peacocks. I thought I'd get more. I also got a massive surprise when I got to the counter art supplies is here! I got three greasepaint sticks (the green, taupe and bronze) but I passed on the markers for now, the other collection, prep for colour? was also there.
we got a collection the same day as the US!