MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

Pinky & Poodle

It's in the shops, but not online
ssad.gif

Enjoy your goodies, sounds like great choices
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

I just depotted a couple of shadows, my Liberty ones among them, and the Liberty shadows had SO much of that gloopy glue under them.
yucky.gif
I actually scraped it off with a knife before wiping.

Anyhow, now they are sitting pretty in my palette.
heart.gif
party.gif

InspiredBlue

I know what you mean. I hesitated for a moment because of the special packaging, but in the end it's just a white pot with a flower on the lid. The lip products and the BP are much prettier and those will remain in their own cases. Lots of separate eyeshadow pots just don't work for me.
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
iagree.gif

My GMLOL just got an own clear box to be storaged - just like Hello Kitty
lol.gif
I love it so much, it must get an extra treatment here
winks.gif
This way I can always look at the two special collections.

drools.gif
Very pretty! I have no space in my house to do that. Thanks for sharing the pics!

GlamQueen21

Thanks to everyone's raves about Shell Pearl, I ordered it! I told myself 'NO!' too many times that I don't need another Beauty Powder but I caved.

PinkBasset

So this is out in UK? I wonder if there are any left next week when I get to London - do things usually sell out soon there?
001_unsure.gif
I would hate to miss this collection, I don't know if it releases here before I leave for my trip (which I doubt because of easter so it might release after I've left!).

RandomnessWithK

okay reading everyone's comments - i really want to get shell pearl bp.. hmmmmmm! i'll have to try on the lipsticks today (if i can)

staceb1990

It seems people are having mixed reactions about Prim and Proper, but I'm OBSESSED!
It's like my perfect flush. It comes off as a slightly plummy pink on my skin. And it's surprisingly pigmented! This blush will last me a long time.

For reference I'm NC15 in studio sculpt (which is still a bit too dark) and N3 in Studio Fix Powder. So you pale girls should at least try this before you write it off.

Now I just have to wait for Shell Pearl to get here. It's my first Beauty Powder!

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceb1990
It seems people are having mixed reactions about Prim and Proper, but I'm OBSESSED!
It's like my perfect flush. It comes off as a slightly plummy pink on my skin. And it's surprisingly pigmented! This blush will last me a long time.

For reference I'm NC15 in studio sculpt (which is still a bit too dark) and N3 in Studio Fix Powder. So you pale girls should at least try this before you write it off.

Now I just have to wait for Shell Pearl to get here. It's my first Beauty Powder!

I guess part of the reason I wrote it off pretty quickly is that there wasn't exactly a lack of products on my list already.
winks.gif
And I'm not a huge cheek product person.

staceb1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I guess part of the reason I wrote it off pretty quickly is that there wasn't exactly a lack of products on my list already.
winks.gif
And I'm not a huge cheek product person.

Haha, I totally understand. I'm the opposite, a big blush fan, but I hardly ever buy eye stuff.

cherry24

whoop! i got
Shell Pearl
Prim and Proper
Blooming lovely
Ever hip
oh and the small make up bag

favourite so far is Ever Hip, its beautiful, very Betty Draper.

was so mad though, irish Mac prices are just crazy, i was thinking of getting the medium bag, i thought it would be €30 and it was €38!!! so i got the small for €26.
thmbdn.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzer3245
this is really pissing me off that it's not online!!!

iagree.gif
i'm very upset right now
ssad.gif
and i imagine mac will be shut tommorow so i won't be able to phone my order through either
ssad.gif
no Easter treat for me!

DollyGirl92

awww I was pretty annoyed it's not been online too, even though I bought I just love to be able to see it all there, not getting distracted at counters.
but maybe as a treat, Art Supplies, and Prep for colour should come out too, so there will be even more stuff?
I wish I could help you girls out

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I got Shell Pearl and skipped Prim & Proper. It looked so brown when I swatched it, I really didn't think it was pretty at all. I combine Shell Pearl with Nars Orgasm.
smiles.gif

It looks sorta brown in the pan but on cheeks at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
On this blog, naturalNchicmakeup: Shell Pearl - Is There A Dupe?, she does comparison swatches of Shell Pearl and Light Flush MSF. Can anyone else verify if they are pretty close in colour? If so then I can save some money because Light Flush MSF is very easy for me to get

On me, they are very different. Light Flush had some reddish bronzy pearl that was too dark for my cheekbones. Shell pearl is light enough for my cheekbones and gives a subtle golden-pink glow whereas LF has more intense sheen of corally bronze. I wouldn't say they're a dupe for eachother at all but you may like Light Flush just as much.

SmokeSignal16

Yeah I'm a combo of NC15/NW20 and I really enjoy Prim and Proper so far! Just a little is needed and it is a very nice shade!

InspiredBlue

kiss, like I said, I swatched it and thought it looked brown. You disagree with me, and that's fine, no need to discredit me.
th_wink3.gif