MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

LMD84

OK, I am officially loving my Shell Pearl
smiles.gif
yay! I love using it over or under my blush, but also as a highlighter (duh). Even down my nose as it reflects the light. It's gorg!
smiles.gif
i'm super excited for mine to arrive tommorow! i can't wiat to use it!

nunu

I'm still debating on what to get. I might end up with Peachstock and both blushes. It is so hard to judge when you can't go see it by yourself
ssad.gif

Pinky & Poodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
mac_haul.gif
thmbup.gif

Enjoy your goodies, hope they make the wait shorter. So did you get all you wanted from GMLOL?

I did
smiles.gif
I got
Birds & Berries
Bough Grey
Shell Pearl
Summer Rose
Dirty Plum
English Accents

I'm also interested in Dames Desire and Petals & Peacocks, but I have to
try them on, so I'll wait till we get them here on the 15th
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
I wore Prim & Proper for the first time yesterday - GORGEOUS color, and it's so pigmented too.
heart.gif

Btw I just wanted to ask about the lasting power of the beauty powders. I remember Miss QQ saying that her summer rose fades away very quickly if used solely. I have very oily skin, does that mean I won't be able to use summer rose as a blush on its own (it shows up fine on me though)?

I think the lasting power is good. It is just that blushes tend to fade on me and because beauty powders aren't as pigmented as blushes, SR disappeared even more quickly on me. Maybe I lean my face on my palms too often.
sigh.gif
lol.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I'm still debating on what to get. I might end up with Peachstock and both blushes. It is so hard to judge when you can't go see it by yourself
ssad.gif

I couldn't see anything by myself either. But I really trust in the color descriptions and swatches here! I am not disappointed at all with what I got.

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I think the lasting power is good. It is just that blushes tend to fade on me and because beauty powders aren't as pigmented as blushes, SR disappeared even more quickly on me. Maybe I lean my face on my palms too often.
sigh.gif
lol.gif

Thanks for sharing. Hmm if blushes don't normally fade quickly on me, I suppose Summer Rose is going to last on me then?

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I couldn't see anything by myself either. But I really trust in the color descriptions and swatches here! I am not disappointed at all with what I got.

I am glad to hear that you are happy with your things and i agree with you, swatches are very helpful and are great!
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
ssad.gif

i bet the blushers will look lovely on your skin. and peachstock is a great lippie. some people say it's drying but it's not too bad for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

iagree.gif
specktra is a goldmine as far as swatches go! and it makes my life so much easier because i can't see anything in person either!

LisaOrestea

I saw this collection today, blooming lovely is stunning - im hoping to buy it off a seller on here (because with the conversion rate, the lipsticks are about 4 or 5 pounds cheaper to buy in the US!) but if I can't then im grabbing it tomorrow
smiles.gif

kittykit

Quote:
ssad.gif

I think those are good choices. You may want to add Blooming Lovely to your list. I think it will look really pretty on your skin tone
winks.gif

Rinstar

I originally was planning to skip this whole collection... but I picked up Birds and Berries when I ordered my Art Supplies stuff.
I'm SO glad I did!!! It's a gorgeous color! I also love the packaging! I didn't like it so much in the pictures, but it's really pretty IRL. Now I'm thinking about getting Bough Grey.
How's the application of Bough Grey? Is it nice and smooth and pigmented or no? I sometimes don't like satins, that's the only reason I'm holding back.

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there any dupe for Summer Rose? I can't get it out of my head.
th_crazy2.gif

Coygirl blush looks close.
smiles.gif

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaOrestea
I saw this collection today, blooming lovely is stunning - im hoping to buy it off a seller on here (because with the conversion rate, the lipsticks are about 4 or 5 pounds cheaper to buy in the US!) but if I can't then im grabbing it tomorrow
smiles.gif

surely with postage it doesnt work out that much cheaper for it to be worth the risk of it getting lost in the post?

DollyGirl92

I've shipped to the US and got packages from there, and nothings ever gotten lost! It costs about 3 pound to send a package to the US (that's the most its cost me, 5 dazzledusts a lipstick and a lipgloss) so I don't think the p&p makes too much difference

purrtykitty

International shipping from the US isn't too expensive if First Class shipping is used. Where it starts to get expensive is if priority shipping used and insurance, etc. is added.

banana1234

i suppose, the few times ive got something from over in the states it has ended up only costing about 50p less than if i bought it in the uk.. i'm a glutton for instant gratification too, i cant wait like 2 weeks for my lipstick, i want it now!

i've never had anything lost either, but there's always a first! it can happen, and i'd be sooo pissed if i couldnt replace it