MAC Give me Liberty of London Discussion

LMD84

perfect topping and shell pearl look nothing alike on me
th_dunno.gif
i'm nc20 and perfect topping is more noticable than shell pearl. it's much more white sheen wheras shell pearl gives me a pink sheen. maybe it's to do with how much veining your perfect topping has?

markeesi

I'm quite glad to hear that Perfect Topping and Shell Pearl are possible dupes, because I didn't get Shell Pearl even though I originally wanted it. I have Perfect Topping and I really like it, so even if they aren't dead-on dupes, I'm satisfied.

I only got Prim & Proper and Blooming Lovely from this collection, and I looove Prim & Proper!
drools.gif
I don't have anything like it. It's really pigmented though, so I have to be careful with it, but I don't mind. Last weekend I wore the simplest smokey eye, black GPS as a base, Club on the lid, Femme-fi as a highlight and Tarnish e/k. I wore Prim & Proper on cheeks and Creme d'Nude on lips. I loved that look! My avatar picture is actually from last weekend.

Now, onto Blooming Lovely.. What can I say, it makes me look like a corpse. And because it's an amplified creme, it goes on pretty opaque, and I can't find a way to make it look good on me. Well, I think I'm going to sell it to someone, there's no point in keeping it if it looks like poop on me
ssad.gif

markeesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Lately I can't stop thinking about Bough Grey. I think it's because Gazette Grey isn't what I thought it would be and I was planning on getting GG in place of BG.

I know, Gazette Grey is really quite different from what I thought it would be like. I'm still wanting it, just for other reasons that I originally thought!
greengrin.gif

I had created myself a lemming for BG earlier, but then I scored Dior's Night Butterfly quint for like 30 euros (last year's fall collection me thinks), and there's this awesome satin mid-tone grey that I totally fell in love with. I have no idea if they're dupes or not, but they do look quite alike in pictures, and that's good enough for me!
yes.gif

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
YAY!!!!!
choochoo.gif
choochoo.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

Thank you soooo much!!!
th_kiss.gif

Ohhh btw do you know if counters will also get the collection, besides the stores??

Sorry, I have no idea
th_dunno.gif

Miss QQ

My counter is selling the scarf!
shockt.gif
The collection was launched two weeks ago but they decided to hang out the scarf this week. The material is soft and the prints are pretty but I will not buy it.

Birds & Berries is not working on me.
ssad.gif
It looks dull, dark bluish grey on me and I don't really know what to do with it. What colours can I pair it with to bring out the green? I love all the other GMLOL things I bought very much!

Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeesi
Now, onto Blooming Lovely.. What can I say, it makes me look like a corpse. And because it's an amplified creme, it goes on pretty opaque, and I can't find a way to make it look good on me. Well, I think I'm going to sell it to someone, there's no point in keeping it if it looks like poop on me
ssad.gif

Have you tried to apply it with a lip brush? I do this all the time with Warm Me Up from the Warm&Cozy collection which is labeled as 'amplified'. I apply a bit on the middle of my lower lip and spread it out with the lip brush, then apply two smaller bits on my upper lip and spread ot out with the lip brush as well. This way it goes on less opaque. Makes it more wearable for me.

Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
ssad.gif
It looks dull, dark bluish grey on me and I don't really know what to do with it. What colours can I pair it with to bring out the green? I love all the other GMLOL things I bought very much!

I have applied it over Greengrease greasepaint stick. It doesn't make B&B more green but at least it's now noticably teal. When I wear it alone it's a lot more grey-ish/blue-ish than teal. Even Teal pigment is more green than B&B.

Other than that, I don't know. I've swatched it with some green e/s on the back of my hand but they didn't mesh well. I had the feeling that no matter what green e/s I pair it with it will only make the contrast between B&B and green e/s more apparent.

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester
I have applied it over Greengrease greasepaint stick. It doesn't make B&B more green but at least it's now noticably teal. When I wear it alone it's a lot more grey-ish/blue-ish than teal. Even Teal pigment is more green than B&B.

Other than that, I don't know. I've swatched it with some green e/s on the back of my hand but they didn't mesh well. I had the feeling that no matter what green e/s I pair it with it will only make the contrast between B&B and green e/s more apparent.

iagree.gif
with all of that! Thanks. I don't have Greengrease but I'll try it with some green liners as base. Don't know what to do with B&B.
th_dunno.gif

LMD84

i've only used birds and berries once and i used it in the crease with dames desire on the lid. looked quite pretty
smiles.gif

DollyGirl92

I've not found a way to use it yet! I might be super boring and use a black in the crease and outer V.
Anyone got any good eye combos to go with Blooming Lovely? x

Civies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
perfect topping and shell pearl look nothing alike on me
th_dunno.gif
i'm nc20 and perfect topping is more noticable than shell pearl. it's much more white sheen wheras shell pearl gives me a pink sheen. maybe it's to do with how much veining your perfect topping has?

My perfect topping has lots of veining! Like I said before, shell pearl does have a more obvious pinker sheen to it but PT is pretty close too. Shell Pearl is a lot more smoother on application and a lot more pigmented

GlamQueen21

I need to swatch both Perfect Topping and Shell Pearl side by side if there's a difference on my skintone. For Birds & Berries, I use Delft p/p as a base and it turned out so gorgeous!

meToo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
I need to swatch both Perfect Topping and Shell Pearl side by side if there's a difference on my skintone. For Birds & Berries, I use Delft p/p as a base and it turned out so gorgeous!

I need to try this over Delft, so far I've just used B and B over my TFSI and it's gorgeous all on it's own. I bet delft boots the beauty.

malvales

I picked a product by mistake! I was planning to buy Shell Pearl and somehow I grabbed Prim & Proper. With it I also grabbed GPS Slick Black, Undercurrent, Black Line and 130.
I saw the blush and somehow I thought it's Shell Pearl. The SA didn't tell me Shell Pearl was out of stock. I found out I got wrong stuff at home and planned to return it back. Then I read good reviews about it and decided to give it a try. Oh I was stocked. It's one of the most natural blush ever made!!! So I am keeping it and I ordered Shell Pearl on line
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

^So do I! I loved how it made B&B so vibrant! I wish Delft p/p wasn't discontinued. Even though Delft p/p is still on Nordies and Bloomingdales' websites.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
My counter is selling the scarf!
shockt.gif
The collection was launched two weeks ago but they decided to hang out the scarf this week. The material is soft and the prints are pretty but I will not buy it.

ssad.gif

pair it with red-based purples/pinks, not blue-based. the red will intensify the green as they are complementary colours. pair it with DD, sketch, stars n rockets, etc.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
I've not found a way to use it yet! I might be super boring and use a black in the crease and outer V.
Anyone got any good eye combos to go with Blooming Lovely? x

I wore it with grey (electra/knight), Bough Grey and Birds&Berries and Bough Grey and Dames Desire.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by meToo
I need to try this over Delft, so far I've just used B and B over my TFSI and it's gorgeous all on it's own. I bet delft boots the beauty.

tommorow i shall wear it with delft as a base. sounds very pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
pair it with red-based purples/pinks, not blue-based. the red will intensify the green as they are complementary colours. pair it with DD, sketch, stars n rockets, etc.

sketch is a shadow that i just dont use often enough! thanks for reminding me! i shall use this in the crease tommorow!