MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

DollyGirl92

People are forever saying the brush sets are pants but tbh, I think they're pretty good, I mean the brushes may not be the full size quality but they're pretty good for a fair price, and if you want to get started with MAC brushes then you learn what shapes you use or don't. and they're great for travel!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
People are forever saying the brush sets are pants but tbh, I think they're pretty good, I mean the brushes may not be the full size quality but they're pretty good for a fair price, and if you want to get started with MAC brushes then you learn what shapes you use or don't. and they're great for travel!

i never understand when people say they are crap. to me i have never had a 'crap' brush from a brush set. all much superior quality to drug store brushes and even some other high end brands brushes. obviously they are not quite as good as the full size. but even for everyday use i think they are fine
smiles.gif
for me i'd say i have more mini brushes than full sized ones!

DollyGirl92

I've herd people say the 129se is really scratchy and things but personally I don't find it to be, I've got super sensitive skin and over sensitivity disorder (Which is kinda like, about the way things feel on me, not like my skin getting irritated by products) and I don't think it's scratchy!

Same for me lou, I've only got like 3 full size brushes because they're expensive, but without the set, I'd never have bought the 219, or the 227 and now, they're some of my favourite brushes! I want the fullsize not to replace them but so that I've got one for light colours and one for dark!

LMD84

Quote:
I've herd people say the 129se is really scratchy and things but personally I don't find it to be, I've got super sensitive skin and over sensitivity disorder (Which is kinda like, about the way things feel on me, not like my skin getting irritated by products) and I don't think it's scratchy!

Same for me lou, I've only got like 3 full size brushes because they're expensive, but without the set, I'd never have bought the 219, or the 227 and now, they're some of my favourite brushes! I want the fullsize not to replace them but so that I've got one for light colours and one for dark!

yes my 129se is ok too. i have conditioned it though and it is the only brush that seems to have a purple colour run off it when washing. but it's not scratchy. my normal 129 is softer though - but not by alot.

yes in the uk the full size brushes are very expencive. usually nick gets me brushes as aniversary presents or for Christmas. the 227 is an awesome brush! and the 219 i don't have a full size but i have got the sigma version which is very good. 239 brushes though i have an insane amount of! full size and mini because i love it so much! plus everytime one gets slightly discoloured a buy another one!
tong.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearcupcake
As posted in the Early Buzz thread by Purrty Kitty...
Em @ http://http://toomuchblush.blogspot.com/ has mentioned 3 pigments...

Moonlight Night
The Family Crest
Later

Full size? Mini pigment set?? Later pigment being repromoted? (Or actually available internationally?)

thats what i thought! i hope it is, then i can pass next month, have some extra pennies for dare to wear, and pick it up with this collection
greengrin.gif

Mabelle

my first brush kit was pretty craptastic. i dont remember the name of the collection, but i believe it was all asian inspired. It was in blue soft case.
It was the face/eye kit. i think out of all of the brushes the only half decent one was teh angle brush... and even so, its now fallen apart. I mean, it was ok for the time... it did the trick and taught me a bit about brushes, but it was total crap.

since then all the brushes have benn pretty good as far as im concerned.

Tat2dbeauty07

Ive boughten 2 holiday brush sets and both are atleast 2 years old now and my mini brushes although some are missing are going strong and doing great!

TeresitaMC

I have two SE 239's and I use them wayyyy more than my regular 239. I have no problems with them. I think I also like to keep my full one clean
lol.gif
I use the SE's every time and the regular is more like a backup for last minute colour decisions.

laylalovesmac

Finally took the 10 minutes to catch up on this thread. Never been excited about holiday collections, but new pigments? Plus, I am LOVING all the mini talk... If only it was what was really happening...
sigh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
As always, I'm just hoping for kickass pigment sets. Last year's were just super disappointing.

I would love kickass pigment sets! Luckily, I have never bought one before so I don't have an abundance of any one color. I will be happy with whatever they release
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfSnark
I'm seriously hoping with this collection there will be a true red eyeshadow included. Not red-pink, not magenta, not fuschia, but BAM IN YO FACE red.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I think the tough part with a true red shadow is that there's a significant portion of the MAC-buying population that experiences eye irritation/problems with red pigments. That being said, I'm luckily not one of them...and I'd LOVE to see a true red shadow as well!
yes.gif

Yes- I would LOVE a true red shadow
th_worship.gif
(you can never really find them.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
you shoudl break that baby out! i wore it the other day with grape pigment in the crease for a change. usually i just wear it with the black part of the shadow in the crease
smiles.gif

I am actually in the process of swapping for this- looking for a true red! Can't wait to try it this way- of course, you don't have to twist my arm to wear purple...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_B
I'd like to see Coco, Deckchair, Night Light, Naval Blue and Softwashed in the pigment sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Night Light alone would make me get the set. I just hope they make one w/o or at least with less browns in them....

Yes- I only have samples of night light, but I would definitely buy a pigment set just for that color! It is stunning!

Quote:

I've never gotten one because everyone else seems to hate them.... Maybe I'll mess with them this year.....

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearcupcake
As posted in the Early Buzz thread by Purrty Kitty...
Em @ http://http://toomuchblush.blogspot.com/ has mentioned 3 pigments...

Moonlight Night
The Family Crest
Later

Full size? Mini pigment set?? Later pigment being repromoted? (Or actually available internationally?)

Since it will be in the holiday collection, i'm 99% sure they will be full size pigments and new since i have never heard of those names before. The holiday collection usually has new pigments and they sound great even though i have no clue what they will be! There should also be some mini pigment sets in the holiday mini collection sets but those are usually from the regular line or re-promotes.

Later pigment will first be released in Alice + Olivia in July but not everywhere. Here's the description and you can see a pic in the colour story for A+O:
Later. - Black with transforming purple pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)

So excited for new pigments!!!!!!!!!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Since it will be in the holiday collection, i'm 99% sure they will be full size pigments and new since i have never heard of those names before. The holiday collection usually has new pigments and they sound great even though i have no clue what they will be! There should also be some mini pigment sets in the holiday mini collection sets but those are usually from the regular line or re-promotes.

Later pigment will first be released in Alice + Olivia in July but not everywhere. Here's the description and you can see a pic in the colour story for A+O:
Later. - Black with transforming purple pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)

So excited for new pigments!!!!!!!!!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

You and me both!!! I cannot wait until we hear more about the ones mentioned in that blog post....

spunky

Quote:
pigments =
love.gif
they are my absolute favourite mac products!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Me too
yes.gif

i only like them once they're pressed and sitting in my palettes! i've never tried them mixed with lipgloss/clear nail varnish or on my cheeks, probably because all the ones i have are fine for eyes [and nails, now i think about it] but not colours i'd wear on my lips. kelly green lipgloss? maybe not...

i've posted this in another thread [the 2010 product chat?] but em has said that the mac and rodarte collection has a new pigment called 'Badlands' -

too much blush: a taste of what's to come...

LMD84

you know even i have never put pigment into nail polish... never been curious enough to try that
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
you know even i have never put pigment into nail polish... never been curious enough to try that
smiles.gif

i was looking back through some old swatch threads and noticed that a few people had done it. seems like a good idea to me
smiles.gif

monter

I'm glad a lot of people have been chiming in about liking the SE brush sets. I pre-ordered the face brush set for Digipops, and was thinking of cancelling because I remembered people being kinda iffy on the quality before, but now I'm not going to cancel. $50 isn't a bad way to try out four different face brushes!
smiles.gif

Latest posts