MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Hypathya

Hi ladies!!
wavey.gif

Joining the fun here!!
yahoo.gif

Wow!! Tartan Tale feels soo yummy!!! I love all things tartan and plaid!!
heart.gif

I fully support the idea of a true red vp e/s
thmbup.gif

... and mini everything sets!!!
drools.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes my 129se is ok too. i have conditioned it though and it is the only brush that seems to have a purple colour run off it when washing. but it's not scratchy. my normal 129 is softer though - but not by alot.

yes in the uk the full size brushes are very expencive. usually nick gets me brushes as aniversary presents or for Christmas. the 227 is an awesome brush! and the 219 i don't have a full size but i have got the sigma version which is very good. 239 brushes though i have an insane amount of! full size and mini because i love it so much! plus everytime one gets slightly discoloured a buy another one!
tong.gif

That's cute!!
love.gif
Last christmas I received my first brush from Hubby!!
heart2.gif
A 187!!
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearcupcake
As posted in the Early Buzz thread by Purrty Kitty...
Em @ http://http://toomuchblush.blogspot.com/ has mentioned 3 pigments...

Moonlight Night
The Family Crest
Later

Full size? Mini pigment set?? Later pigment being repromoted? (Or actually available internationally?)

OMG!! New pigments!!
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

Seriously hope Later it's repromoted as I'd need a CP to get it if not!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Since it will be in the holiday collection, i'm 99% sure they will be full size pigments and new since i have never heard of those names before. The holiday collection usually has new pigments and they sound great even though i have no clue what they will be! There should also be some mini pigment sets in the holiday mini collection sets but those are usually from the regular line or re-promotes.

Later pigment will first be released in Alice + Olivia in July but not everywhere. Here's the description and you can see a pic in the colour story for A+O:
Later. - Black with transforming purple pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)

So excited for new pigments!!!!!!!!!!!!
th_DANCE.gif

Seriously hope you're right!!!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
pigments =
love.gif
they are my absolute favourite mac products!
smiles.gif

iagree.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i've posted this in another thread [the 2010 product chat?] but em has said that the mac and rodarte collection has a new pigment called 'Badlands' -

too much blush: a taste of what's to come...

One new pigment more???
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif

LMD84

i must admit that i alays get slightly confused around the holiday collections. because you have the main colour coleection. then the collection with the palettes in and then the collection with the minis and then they sometimes put the viva glam stuff seperate too! all with different names! it can be hard to keep up with. but i wonder what the other names will be this year
th_confused_new.gif

cutemiauw

I hope they have different mix in the mini brush sets though. I like them but I find some quite useless for me (like the flat eyeliner brush). I never used that, so I definitely don't want to have a second one.

Susanne

Quote:
i must admit that i alays get slightly confused around the holiday collections. because you have the main colour coleection. then the collection with the palettes in and then the collection with the minis and then they sometimes put the viva glam stuff seperate too! all with different names! it can be hard to keep up with. but i wonder what the other names will be this year
th_confused_new.gif

I will try my best to keep it all organized for you here
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
winks.gif

th_wink3.gif
you rock Susanne!
smiles.gif

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyGirl92
People are forever saying the brush sets are pants but tbh, I think they're pretty good, I mean the brushes may not be the full size quality but they're pretty good for a fair price, and if you want to get started with MAC brushes then you learn what shapes you use or don't. and they're great for travel!

My brush set is tore up. Bristles have come out, the ferrules have fallen off. They were not good quality like full size brushes. I use sigma's travel set, which is great, cause of my experience with the MAC travel set, and you get more brushes.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
My brush set is tore up. Bristles have come out, the ferrules have fallen off. They are not good quality like full size brushes. I use sigma's travel set. It is handmade, and one of the stars of their dupe line, i feel

oh dear! poor mac brushes! i've not been that impressed with the sigma brushes i have... i prefer the mac minis. but different strokes for different folks right?!
smiles.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
My brush set is tore up. Bristles have come out, the ferrules have fallen off. They are not good quality like full size brushes. I use sigma's travel set. It is handmade, and one of the stars of their dupe line, i feel

how long did your MAC one last for?

Rinstar

Here's another vote for loving the SE brush sets. I adore them. I use them WAYYY more often than full size brushes. I feel like the smaller size= more control in application. I actually think the quality of them is great. I've never had any complaints.

And I also love MINI pigment sets when they have good colors (i.e. not last year). I don't use pigments all the time, so the mini sets are perfect for me!

LMD84

generally i like the mini pigments however i hate actually getting product out of them! usually i put some in smaple jars which makes it easier for me to use
smiles.gif
plus i hope this year the package up some pro only colours or really old pigments which we've not had in years. last years were rather diassapointing to me

Susanne

I would love to see a sneak peek of the packaging this year.....
yes.gif

Oh, and will we get colored brushes? Like the gold and silver ones with Antiquitease?? This would be awesome. They have made enough black SE brushes IMO.

LMD84

Quote:
yes.gif

Oh, and will we get colored brushes? Like the gold and silver ones with Antiquitease?? This would be awesome. They have made enough black SE brushes IMO.

iagree.gif
i loved the gold and silver ones! but perhaps they could actually do a tartan patterened handle? or maybe a nice forest green coloured handle
smiles.gif

NonoX

Quote:
iagree.gif
i loved the gold and silver ones! but perhaps they could actually do a tartan patterened handle? or maybe a nice forest green coloured handle
smiles.gif

That's sound nice
th_worship.gif
I wish

DollyGirl92

They should do SE full size brushes in 'special packaging' too, like how they promote some brushes with some collections, I think they should make the big ones all pretty too! I love having things all EXACTLY the same, or looking pretty and mixed up so cute looking brushes would be a must!

coachkitten

I actually really love the brush sets. I use the Antiquitease ones quite often especially the 190SE and the 187SE.

I can't wait to hear more info about this collection. I have really high hopes for it.
smiles.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
winks.gif

th_kiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I wish there could be a brush set with synthetic brushes, I would love to buy one!
sigh.gif

That's a fantastic idea!!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
th_wink3.gif
you rock Susanne!
smiles.gif

iagree.gif

Quote:
yes.gif

That sounds yummy, but I doubt they'll give us silver or gold, since it's Tartan Tale.

Quote:
iagree.gif
smiles.gif

That would be pure heaven!!
th_e2cloud9.gif
As, Susanne said, they give us way too many black SE brushes!! Patterned and colored ones are irresistible!!
love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I can't wait to hear more info about this collection. I have really high hopes for it.
smiles.gif

Me too!! Theme for packaging sounds truly promising!!
sigh.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I actually really love the brush sets. I use the Antiquitease ones quite often especially the 190SE and the 187SE.

smiles.gif

iagree.gif
i'm just thrilled there will be full sized pigments with this collection! makes me so happy!
th_DANCE.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
iagree.gif
i'm just thrilled there will be full sized pigments with this collection! makes me so happy!
th_DANCE.gif

Exactly!!!

Latest posts