MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Flaminbird

wow lots of info/pages since I looked last night! I'm excited about this collection and so glad to see Undercurrent and Black Line back! I got Undercurrent, Industrial, Petrol Blue and Designer Purple for my birthday but missed out on Black Line.

All the items sound so pretty....the e/s especially. I hope I'll have either extra hours at work or a new job so I can buy a lot of stuff. Then of course I guess there's always the CCO because all of the Mischief stuff there now.

Thanks for all the info Corrine and Erin

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
...and over, and over, and over again.
th_LMAO.gif

i can answer that!

the couture collection? meh. i'm liking the thing that was in the picture that goes around the neck. i'd take out the stuff that comes in it and put in something else, such as lipconditioner. (ya see what i did there!?
graucho.gif
)
the brush that the couture collections have? well, this year, $$
wtff.gif
$$ the names are cute, but, eh.

the boxing day collection is all about new years eve! think those colours. and people have been asking for new colours of a certain eye product, so they might be happy.

any highlight powders this season will NOT have overspray!

there's a collection all about hot pink, hot orange, and purples.

remember when...mac did coloured mascara?

there isn't a fake lash colletion, but...

who likes blue lips? and i don't mean blue like chillin'!

listen to hergreyness when it comes to eye products.

i'm excited! blue lips.... coloured mascara and potentially new flase lashes! awesome stuff!

tamarindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naynadine
The collection mentioned that has hot pink,hot orange and purples,could that be Stylishly Yours?
In this video you can see a new green mascara (at 1:32),I think that's probably also from that collection.I can't imagine coloured mascara in any other of the upcoming collections.

YouTube - M·A·C Video Journal: Straight from NEW YORK Fashion Week

OMG I want that mascara! I don't know if i'll be brave enough to wear it but I don't care...

Miaow

Wooo! New info. Thank you corinne and erin
smiles.gif

I wasn't very interested in TT but now, especially with blush pictures and eyeshadow pictures... hmmm. Oh and new pearlglides and nail polish set
drools.gif

silentstorm143

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif

i can answer that!

the couture collection? meh. i'm liking the thing that was in the picture that goes around the neck. i'd take out the stuff that comes in it and put in something else, such as lipconditioner. (ya see what i did there!?
graucho.gif
)
wtff.gif

the boxing day collection is all about new years eve! think those colours. and people have been asking for new colours of a certain eye product, so they might be happy.

I have to admit my head hurts trying to figure this out......Thanks for all the new info.

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
th_LMAO.gif

i can answer that!

graucho.gif
)
wtff.gif

You are the best! *hugs*

HOTasFCUK

Wow thanks for all the info! Did i read somewhere there are nail polish sets?? As in mini ones or just the regular bottles? Sold as set or individually?

Ohhh yes i remember MAC's coloured mascara......i just B2M an old electric blue one that my mom bought. She'll be so excited to hear they are coming out with new ones!

User38

Quote:
they are being really strict on information being leaked from employees until global communications releases info to the public. so until they do, names, descriptions, SWATCHES, etc, can not be given by myself or other employees.
cry.gif

i can still answer other questions you have, as long as they don't pertain to specific information on products/collections that mac has not already publicly released.

if other people not working for mac release this information...
sneaky.gif

this is what i just found out today at update. i know it sucks, but i don't wanna lose my job.

th_wink3.gif
sneaky.gif
yes maam
yes.gif
I hear ya calling my name
yummy.gif
cutey.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
iagree.gif

That does suck!!! But, like spunky said, leaking info is SO not worth losing your job.
yes.gif

And we appreciate everything!!!
greengrin.gif
heart.gif
th_kiss.gif

Is this a recent change, or were you a rebel before?
lol.gif

* notes that layla is still awake!!
nope.gif

User38

Quote:
that i don't know. i'm assuming that if a senior artist or someone of that status mentions something about a collection or product on twitter, or in a magazine, etc, then its ok. seeing as how global communications has to approve that information before its published, then its fair game.
th_dunno.gif

i can share my opinion, yes. but we can not share any information about upcoming products or launches until global comm does.

what i can say is something like:

-if you like bright shadows, then you're gonna love our holiday sets.
-if you like palettes, then you're gonna wanna check out our holiday sets.
-well you know how mac is, they release a new mascara every few months, so...

does that make sense?

nope.gif
shockt.gif
wacko.gif

martiangurll

I am thrilled to hear we may get colored mascaras! This is one department I have been really wanting! And I just don't like paying YSL prices. They are the only good mascaras out right now in purples and greens that I like the quality of.

A collection with hot pinks, oranges and PURPLES! sounds de-lish

sss215

Quote:
they are being really strict on information being leaked from employees until global communications releases info to the public. so until they do, names, descriptions, SWATCHES, etc, can not be given by myself or other employees.
cry.gif

i can still answer other questions you have, as long as they don't pertain to specific information on products/collections that mac has not already publicly released.

if other people not working for mac release this information...
sneaky.gif

this is what i just found out today at update. i know it sucks, but i don't wanna lose my job.

Thanks for all you did in the past!

early info is what gets people excited to buy, imo. the hype, the planning out, the thrill of the chase, even the criticism. some of that is going to be gone now. i guess other companies have the same ruling, cause i never see advanced info for them. MAC is right in line with that.

OH well, i guess that's on them in some aspects.

tamarindi

Ok after reading again the color story I decided not to skip this collection and to haul the Hark the Heraldry Face Kit and the Vain & Glorious Lip Bag, from part 2 I want the purple pigment set (the other one is a maybe), the pink lipglass set and the mini nail polishes.
th_DANCE.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
wow - I have a lot of this already. hmmm saves me some$$$$

Mellow Mood - we already had that one right? I'm drawing a blank

Electroflash collection circa July 2008. One of best year's in Mac if I look back on it. Starflash,
mac_coc.gif
, Sonic Chic (MB'S),Holiday (red jeweled holiday) and blonde's gold.

I will be getting a back-up Mellow Mood lustre of that lipstick, I love it actually. Will try to post a swatch tonite.

Quote:
this is something new. for my specific location, we've been told we can't show customers the update book, the products, hold things before the collection launches, ANYTHING anymore, which really sucks! and i'm surprised at all the locations that are letting customers pre-order, see the products early, and employees showing people (not calling anyone out, just saying in general) the update book and photos, when my location can't do squat anymore! and especially when pro stores release a week early and online 2 days early! it makes no sense to me at all!
th_dunno.gif

winkiss.gif
there's always a loophole!

Thank you so much for you help over the years Erine and it is certainly not worth it to lose the job you obviously love. Playing in makeup all day-wonderful.

I wonder if they are just tired of us finding dupes, talking (good and bad) and generally like I do narrow my list down after seeing all of this and usually buy less. But all these makes me not return more stuff so I guess it's a catch-22.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromatrix
Maybe they are tired of us confusing their poor MUAs by knowing more about what's coming up than they do.
tong.gif

lol.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Wow thanks for all the info! Did i read somewhere there are nail polish sets?? As in mini ones or just the regular bottles? Sold as set or individually?

Ohhh yes i remember MAC's coloured mascara......i just B2M an old electric blue one that my mom bought. She'll be so excited to hear they are coming out with new ones!

nail polsihes are exciting me!!! i hope they are mini sets like the ones ud do
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
Electroflash collection circa July 2008. One of best year's in Mac if I look back on it. Starflash,
mac_coc.gif
, Sonic Chic (MB'S),Holiday (red jeweled holiday) and blonde's gold.

I will be getting a back-up Mellow Mood lustre of that lipstick, I love it actually. Will try to post a swatch tonite.

ah yes - thanks! Yep, those were great collections fo sure. LOVED CoC. Now to find my MM lipstick
th_crazy.gif

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
Thanks for all you did in the past!

early info is what gets people excited to buy, imo. the hype, the planning out, the thrill of the chase, even the criticism. some of that is going to be gone now. i guess other companies have the same ruling, cause i never see advanced info for them. MAC is right in line with that.

OH well, i guess that's on them in some aspects.

I Agree completely the hype is what makes Mac the best for that, so decreasing the info out is going to hurt them I think
yes.gif

mac_addict.gif

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
have you checked out the cham pale thread? erin's referring to that whole collection which already has two confirmed new paintpots
smiles.gif

Of course! You're right! These must be the paint pots she was referring to.
I guess that since these are already confirmed and I didn't give them much thought (I kinda expect them to be a bit boring), I got my hopes up thinking that there may be some other, more exciting ones coming along. But I don't think it's meant to be
ssad.gif

silentstorm143

I know personally I am a big planner and if I dont know what I am planning on getting or know what to save my money for I am more appt to spen it on the perm line or on something else so for me not having the info early MAC might not get my money for it went somewhere else.