MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

coachkitten

Erin thank you so much for the swatches!
heart.gif

I am not sure what to think about the eye shadows. I think that these I will need to try out in person.

But so far my list for the color collection is:
Cut a caper lipstick
Her Blooming Cheek blush
My Highland Honey blush (depending on how dupable it is)
Moonlight Night pigment
The Family Crest pigment
Black Swam pearlglide

Can't wait to see what the sets look like swatched. I am so excited for October 28th.
smiles.gif

BTW Kaylabella which counter/store did you go to if you don't mind me asking. I am in the same area as you and would love to check out the sets. TIA!
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

if you want a backup of OSF, then i say get this face kit. dame is really pretty on your skintone, as everyone needs plum foolery! is the perfect pinky plum with slight shimmer for fall.

MHH is a bright orangy-yellow peach. it looks exactly like UG, but with a touch of yellow to it.

BS is exactly like BR. the only difference is BS has the larger shimmer bits, as that's what makes the PGI liners different from the original PG liners.

and for comparison, LIU PG looks like romp with big gold shimmer bits.
thmbup.gif

I agree on Plum Foolery, it's perfect for fall!
thmbup.gif

And you already answered the question I was about to ask - the difference between the new intense PG and the original ones!
tong.gif
I still haven't tried the new ones, I do like the originals like Black Russian, but last time with Art Supplies I skipped these. Maybe I should just buy one. I know what you think!
lol.gif

Icecaramellatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
After the swatches, my list it's still huge! I'm just not sure about the single es, except for Glamora Castle. I was thinking that Enviable Fun would be a medium-dark green.

Black Swan looks so close to Black Russian!

Hopefully Black Swan will look more of a true black. Black Russian looks a little blueish to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
Here's My Tentative list:

Lipstick US $14.50
Deepest Wish- deep creamy reddish brown (amplified)

Eyeshadow- US $19.50
Golden Crown- light gold with bronze tartan striping
A Wish Come True- dirty mauve with bubblegum pink tartan striping
Follow Your Fantasy- mid-tone peach with chocolate tartan striping
Enviably Fun- grass green with dark green tartan striping
Semi- Precious- aubergine with chocolate tartan striping
Glamora Castle- dark grey with teal tartan striping - I can't always pull off grey though.

Pigment US$19.50
Moonlight Night- blackened teal with teal pearl
The Family Crest- blackend bronze with bronze pearl

Pearlglide Intense eye liner US$14.50
Black Swan- black with pearl
Lord it Up- bronze with pearl
Love Pearlglides but I have the others already.

Powder Blush US$18.50
My Highland Honey- bright coral with soft gold pearl (frost) - this might be too light for me so we shall see.

6 Dashing Lassie Eye Shadows US$ 36.00
6 Reelers & Rockers Eye Shadows US$ 36.00
6 Twists of Tartan Eye Shadows US$ 36.00
My total is a little over $300. I'm hoping to bring it down.

This was my list before swatches. After swatches, I'm a little unsure of Deepest Wish - doesn't look very brown to me. I may be able to add Cut a Caper. It looks really nice but may be too light for me. May add Faery Glen and Soft Dazzle. Black Line is so nice. I may need a back up of that. Unfortunately, I have been unable to cut anything from my list.

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
MHH is a bright orangy-yellow peach. it looks exactly like UG, but with a touch of yellow to it.

So...it basically looks like - Honey!
lol.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
So Erin would it be accurate to say MMH and Peaches are similar as Peaches goes on much like Utterly Game with a yellow hint...?

Also would you say Glamora Castle is a taupey grey?
th_hug.gif

yes.gif

and

yes.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
I agree on Plum Foolery, it's perfect for fall!
thmbup.gif

And you already answered the question I was about to ask - the difference between the new intense PG and the original ones!
tong.gif
I still haven't tried the new ones, I do like the originals like Black Russian, but last time with Art Supplies I skipped these. Maybe I should just buy one. I know what you think!
lol.gif

plum foolery is gorgeous on everyone!

i think everyone that likes the PGs needs atleast 2. black swan (russian) and undercurrant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
Hopefully Black Swan will look more of a true black. Black Russian looks a little blueish to me.

it depends on what you wear with it. yesterday i wore carbon shadow with vile violet (from VV), and carbon looked more purple. if i wear it with tempting, carbon looks brown. if i wear it with antique green pigment, it looks more green. that's just what black does. it morphs.

LoveMemoriesXoX

Wow! Thanks for the swatches and info
smiles.gif

As a newbie to these forums, this is my first experience learning about new color collections so early! I caught on to the site right before the release of VV so I had already seen the big blogger site swatches and details for that collection. But I'm so excited that I've discovered this fantastic community for all my future MAC obsession! It's amazing...more fuel to increase my make up addiction :p

Ah too excited for these gorgeous eyeshadows--I really can't wait for swatches on skin! Paper swatches are wonderful, I can finally pair colors with the collection descriptions--but all the colors are so beautiful...its those skin swatches that help me pick & choose my wish list
smiles.gif

LittleMaryJane

Yay, swatches
th_DANCE.gif

A couple of lippies look good to me... Especially Cut a Caper
th_drool.gif

And then UNDERCURRENT!!!!

I think I'm going to be really conservative with this because I don't expect to have much money by the end of this month. If any
ssad.gif

kiss

I have plum foolery and when I first got into MAC i wore it almost everyday. Need to whip it out to remember how great it is!

Tat2dbeauty07

Glad to see swatches thank you!

I just have one question can we use the pro card on the color collection like the single pigments, eyeshadows, dazzleglass creme?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2dbeauty07
Glad to see swatches thank you!

I just have one question can we use the pro card on the color collection like the single pigments, eyeshadows, dazzleglass creme?

yes.gif

lilMAClady

We unpacked the collection at work yesterday! So pretty! This is not a collection to be ignored! The packaging is so fabulous!
Reelers and Rockers Palette is AMAZING! The colors are so rich and metallic. They look realistic not fake ( like a pretend silver or gold) if that makes sense. Sorry I don't know what else to say but WOW!
Dashing Lassie Palette is like last years Smokey Pigment set in palette form. OMG!!
The face kits were really pretty too! One with Plum Foolery in it stood out to me. I never get these so I didn't pay close attention.
All the Tartan Tale single shadows are really pretty. It's just an imprint that makes them look plaid not a different color in them, although there are contrasting stripes in them. Not sure how deep they run.
The lipsticks were pretty. Unremarkable though. Will have to play more.
Dazzleglass Cremes were really pretty, also unremarkable. Will have to play more.
Pigments were GORGEOUS!! I didn't care about Later so I didn't even swatch it but The Family Crest is really hot. Blue eyes will be crazzy with this on! Would make a hot smokey eye on my NC45 skin. Moonlight Night will sell out in a heartbeat! We only got like 3/4 of all the pigments so far. It's a GORGEOUS forest green with teal, blue and gold (and something else) sparkles. It's so pretty it has all the colors of midnight in there. MUST HAVE!!
Blushes were super pretty! Her Blooming Cheek is a blinding cool hot pink. I really liked this but I have Azalea and though I don't know exactly how they compare I don't need another cool hot pink. It's pretty but not as flattering as I'd like on my skin. That being said y'all need to buy it. I'ts super hot!! My Highland Honey is so pretty. I think it may work on me but it may turn ashen like Darkly My Dear from Venoumous Villains. You know it looks perfect in the pot but upon application you realize how wrong it is. I didn't swatch it but from the looks it may do the same. Will have to swatch to know for sure.
The pearlglide liners are beautiful. Black Swan (which was the one I was really interested in) is SO AMAZING!! It's a uber jet black (almost blue!) and looks wet upon application. Yes wet. Getting 2. Undercurrent is it's same hot self. My co-worker who is pretty fair tried it on and it was this rich golden green teal shimmery goodnes. On me it was shimmery teal tinged emerald goodness. Go figure. So Gorgeous! You can't really go wrong with these as they were all really pretty.
Will have to see the rest of the mini sets and things to give you my review. Go back to work on Wed!
Oh yes the Kids Helping Kids cards are adorable and come in two sizes. Not sure if one size are gift tickets or not, I can't recall. The Viva Glam Bag is gorgeous as is the Eye Kit that has the Teal pigment. The bags and packaging is so amazing! It's different for every color/ kit and very well thought out! (Yea MAC!) It's sturdy and vibrant. The palettes are heavy and have strong closures on them. (we could barely open them!) You guys may think you're going to skip Tartan Tale ( I know I did. I didn't even bother reading the thread until last week) but you're not. Trust Me.

cbh02b

This collection looks too cute and the promo pic is to die for! I think I am gonna get both blushes and probably Cut a Caper l/s and maybe The Faerie Glen l/s depending on how brownish it is. I also love the little tins the mini lipgloss comes in so I def need one of those! ahhh but then there is the whole Peacocky around the corner too what will I do? lol

GlamQueen21

Every single person on here should get Undercurrent if you missed out on it. It's so gorgeous! I almost broke it out but I had to tell myself that I'm going to get 4 or maybe 6 of them if I have to lol

s_lost

The products sound soooo amazing!!! I'm crazy about Moonlight Night pigment.

Anyone can tell me if the Viva Glam bag is the one in a mouth shape or is something else? Thanks!

miss_primer

Ok I've made my list. I knew I wanted a lot from this collection and that swatches confirmed that.

I want:

Cut-a-Caper l/s
The Faerie Glen l/s
Later p/m
Moonlight Night p/m
The Family Crest p/m
Her Blooming Cheek blush
My Highland Honey blush

I haven't decided what I want from the kits/sets yet.

mac_aiken

For some reason the swatch pictures are not downloading for me. I am still trying to make a decision on this one. I feel a bit rushed since pre-orders are starting only about 2 weeks after VV. The pigments are a given. Pearlglides as well. And the sets are pretty exciting (for a change).

lilMAClady

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbh02b
This collection looks too cute and the promo pic is to die for! I think I am gonna get both blushes and probably Cut a Caper l/s and maybe The Faerie Glen l/s depending on how brownish it is. I also love the little tins the mini lipgloss comes in so I def need one of those! ahhh but then there is the whole Peacocky around the corner too what will I do? lol

Faerie Glen isn't that brownish. It's a gorgeous nude. It's practically a dupe of Jubilee lipstick. I've been wondering what to do myself. Peacocky sounds all kinds of amazing and I've already spent over $100 on it mentally before swatches!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
The products sound soooo amazing!!! I'm crazy about Moonlight Night pigment.

I 'm crazy about it too. You will adore it!!

Anyone can tell me if the Viva Glam bag is the one in a mouth shape or is something else? Thanks!

No the viva glam bag is in a square tartan bag with a black triangle ( I think) at the bottom like the others. I remember lip shaped bags but that was when Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga glosses came out.