MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

HOTasFCUK

Thanks Erine for the swatches!!! I've been in bed since Friday night with a sore throat, pounding headache, aching all over but this just brightened my mood! I'm excited for:

-Cut a Caper l/s (B2M baby!)
-Passing Fancy gloss
-Glamora Castle eyeshadow
-Black Swan pearlglide (whoever posted back to me in this thread that BS is like Black Russion on 'roids or crack or something......oh yeah i'm loving it!)

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMAClady
We unpacked the collection at work yesterday! So pretty! This is not a collection to be ignored! The packaging is so fabulous!
Reelers and Rockers Palette is AMAZING! The colors are so rich and metallic. They look realistic not fake ( like a pretend silver or gold) if that makes sense. Sorry I don't know what else to say but WOW!
Dashing Lassie Palette is like last years Smokey Pigment set in palette form. OMG!!

The palettes are heavy and have strong closures on them. (we could barely open them!) You guys may think you're going to skip Tartan Tale ( I know I did. I didn't even bother reading the thread until last week) but you're not. Trust Me.

THANK YOU! I missed out on that pigment set! so I NEED that palette
yahoo.gif

s_lost

Quote:
No the viva glam bag is in a square tartan bag with a black triangle ( I think) at the bottom like the others. I remember lip shaped bags but that was when Viva Glam Cyndi and Gaga glosses came out.

Great!!! Maybe they've a lipstick and a gloss? I'll wait to buy my Gaga lg then
thmbup.gif
(I definitelly need a backup for my lp)

Miaow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Thanks Erine for the swatches!!! I've been in bed since Friday night with a sore throat, pounding headache, aching all over but this just brightened my mood! I'm excited for:

-Cut a Caper l/s (B2M baby!)
-Passing Fancy gloss
-Glamora Castle eyeshadow
-Black Swan pearlglide (whoever posted back to me in this thread that BS is like Black Russion on 'roids or crack or something......oh yeah i'm loving it!)

Same here
smiles.gif
The coppery pearlglide looks nice too!

shontay07108

When I went to a Mac store in NYC today I was paying for my stuff when I spotted the TT setup in the corner of my eye. I asked about the holiday collection and the guy helping me volunteered to take me to the back to play. They are doing pre sales by the way, but I decided to wait since I spent a lot of money. Everything wasn't out yet, but there were all the shadows, dazzleglass cremes, pigments, nail polish and blushes. Here's what I can remember.

First, I asked if I could swatch b/c I didn't want to be rude and I didn't stay long because I didn't want to impose. The DG cremes are underwhelming. I don't own one but I was looking forward to them. I wanted Romancin' and Passing Fancy, but they seem kinda streaky and sheer. It seems like they'd be blah on their own so I have taken them off my list. I will play again when the collection is out, though.

From what I can see, the pigments are the stars here. Family Crest is beautiful. It's like a chocolate brown with shimmer. I could see some gold in there. I want it. Moonlight Night is absolutely gorgeous, but I have Deep Blue Green so I can pass on this. It's close enough. I love and own Later so I didn't have to swatch that. Anyone who doesn't own Later or DBG should buy all 3 of these pigments. Amazing.

I love My Highland Honey. It reminds me of Gina by Nars, though and I own that. I have to pass unless I have extra cash and then I'll buy it anyway
lol.gif
. I didn't bother swatching Her Blooming Cheek. It was hella bright in the pan and I am just over that color blush. No thank you.

The shadows are really nice even though I am not interested in many of the colors. I see these flying fast. Semi-Precious is beautiful, but not the kind of color I like to wear so it's a pass. it's funny that there were finger marks all in this baby. It was popular with the staff, I assume. I wanted Enviably Fun, but it kinda disappointed me. I was expecting a deeper green. Glamora Castle, is mine though! I had that on my list and it shall remain. It's sexy and true to description.

Sorry, I didn't bother with the polish b/c I was too busy playing with the pigments and shadows. Plus, the mua was showing me pics of the brush sets (they hadn't unpacked them yet). I spent maybe 2 minutes and then I got out of there. Like I said, I didn't want to be a pest. So, I hope this helps some of you. Unfortunately, the palettes weren't out yet. I can't wait to play some more when this collection is out, but I can definitely go ahead and remove some stuff from my list. :
greengrin.gif
:

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Reelers and Rockers Palette is AMAZING! The colors are so rich and metallic. They look realistic not fake ( like a pretend silver or gold) if that makes sense. Sorry I don't know what else to say but WOW!

Dashing Lassie Palette is like last years Smokey Pigment set in palette form. OMG!!

The face kits were really pretty too! One with Plum Foolery in it stood out to me. I never get these so I didn't pay close attention.

Pigments were GORGEOUS!! I didn't care about Later so I didn't even swatch it but The Family Crest is really hot. Blue eyes will be crazzy with this on! Would make a hot smokey eye on my NC45 skin. Moonlight Night will sell out in a heartbeat! We only got like 3/4 of all the pigments so far. It's a GORGEOUS forest green with teal, blue and gold (and something else) sparkles. It's so pretty it has all the colors of midnight in there. MUST HAVE!!

My Highland Honey is so pretty. I think it may work on me but it may turn ashen like Darkly My Dear from Venoumous Villains. You know it looks perfect in the pot but upon application you realize how wrong it is. I didn't swatch it but from the looks it may do the same. Will have to swatch to know for sure.

The pearlglide liners are beautiful. Black Swan (which was the one I was really interested in) is SO AMAZING!! It's a uber jet black (almost blue!) and looks wet upon application. Yes wet. Getting 2.

I think I need everything you talked about above with a few backups.
angry.gif

Can we say expensive?
greengrin.gif
lol.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I think I need everything you talked about above with a few backups.
angry.gif

Can we say expensive?
greengrin.gif
lol.gif

nonono.gif
nonono.gif
nonono.gif

shontay07108

Quote:
th_confused_new.gif
sneaky.gif
greengrin.gif

You don't need backups, lady
girl_devil.gif

Ugh. I'm trying to tell myself I don't need Moonlight Night, but I feel myself caving already. It's so gorgeous. I am a sucker for those kinds of colors. Ok, I cave already.

I wish the lipsticks were out b/c I am interested in Cut A Caper and Courting Lilac. I wonder if I need CL if I have Bubblegum. Hmm...

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
You don't need backups, lady
girl_devil.gif

Ugh. I'm trying to tell myself I don't need Moonlight Night, but I feel myself caving already. It's so gorgeous. I am a sucker for those kinds of colors. Ok, I cave already.

I wish the lipsticks were out b/c I am interested in Cut A Caper and Courting Lilac. I wonder if I need CL if I have Bubblegum. Hmm...

I think I need to b/u the pigments. At least Later since I use it more than anything else in my collection.
th_wink3.gif

I'm skipping CL since I have Bubblegum. Maybe it's because I hate glazes, I don't know. It's pretty in swatches, but I think I'll pass.
thmbup.gif
(That $14.50 can go toward backing something up.
lol.gif
)

shontay07108

Quote:
I think I need to b/u the pigments. At least Later since I use it more than anything else in my collection.
th_wink3.gif

I'm skipping CL since I have Bubblegum. Maybe it's because I hate glazes, I don't know. It's pretty in swatches, but I think I'll pass.
thmbup.gif
(That $14.50 can go toward backing something up.
lol.gif
)

I LOVE Later so damn much. I admit I have been neglecting it lately, though. Ok, I permit you to get a backup is you really use it that much
lol.gif

I actually like glazes b/c I love the 2 that I have tried (Bubblegum and Big Bow). Perhaps I should cross this off my list, though. I need to stick to colors unique to my collection. It's so hard, though. Let's help each other: I'll help you tame your backup urges while you keep me from repeating myself. Deal?
lol.gif

elegant-one

Quote:

I wish the lipsticks were out b/c I am interested in Cut A Caper and Courting Lilac.

I'm def. getting those 2
winks.gif

Quote:
Let's help each other: I'll help you tame your backup urges while you keep me from repeating myself. Deal?
lol.gif

And I'll talk you into everything else
lol.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I LOVE Later so damn much. I admit I have been neglecting it lately, though. Ok, I permit you to get a backup is you really use it that much
lol.gif

I actually like glazes b/c I love the 2 that I have tried (Bubblegum and Big Bow). Perhaps I should cross this off my list, though. I need to stick to colors unique to my collection. It's so hard, though. Let's help each other: I'll help you tame your backup urges while you keep me from repeating myself. Deal?
lol.gif

Deal.
thmbup.gif
greengrin.gif
lol.gif

The two glazes I have are Bubblegum and Fashion Mews, and Fashion Mews just feels gritty.
th_dunno.gif
Looking at swatches of Courting Lilac again, maybe I'll B2M for it. That's a good compromise I think.
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
And I'll talk you into everything else
lol.gif

Works for me.
greengrin.gif

caramel_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
woman! PGs smudged at the bottom lashline or worn as a shadow all over the lid are
drools.gif
. ya gotta try it!

werd.gif

I have to second and third that one. Best trick I've learnt from my MA (and Erin)
thmbup.gif

Larrabee

I put in a pre-order for Her Blooming Cheek and the Hark the Heraldry blush kit. I don't have OSF, Dame, OR Plum Foolery, so it's the perfect way to expand my blush collection. I'll double my MAC blushes.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Yay for playing with different types of products.
love.gif

Don't know about the other stuff. Depends on money and how much all the sets entice me. I already know I'm going to want way too much. They need to come out with a lame collection so I can take a break.

caramel_geek

Question for Erin:

Are HBC and MHH unique? They look pretty, but I'm not too sure if they're that unique. And HBC looks like it might be hard for me to pull off (NC20).
I'm trying to pick between HBC + MHH or the Plum Floorey facekit. So it's either the 2 blushes or the facekit for me.
Which one would you say is a better pick? I have none of the colors in the facekit though.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramel_geek
Question for Erin:

Are HBC and MHH unique? They look pretty, but I'm not too sure if they're that unique. And HBC looks like it might be hard for me to pull off (NC20).
I'm trying to pick between HBC + MHH or the Plum Floorey facekit. So it's either the 2 blushes or the facekit for me.
Which one would you say is a better pick? I have none of the colors in the facekit though.

the two blushes aren't unique at all. if you have any hot pink blush that is perm or LE, then you're set and don't need HBC. i'm an nc20 as well, and MHH turned super orange on me, so its a skippity doo dah for me.

unless you're gonna use all three pieces of the facekit, i'd go for that. if not, then just get plum foolery on its own.

erine1881

we all know how
th_drool.gif
later pigment is, so its no shock that i'm getting a backup. why am i getting 2 of the other 2 pigments?

img11091.jpg

nuff said!