MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
since you're more pink, i don't think it will. i'm more yellow, so it makes it more orange on me. i honestly think that peaches, RP, IC or UG are more wearable peaches than MHH.

Cool. So I'll definitely try before I buy. And if I don't like it, maybe I'll pick up Peaches instead.
thmbup.gif

Thanks for answering all my questions today!
th_hug.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Every single person on here should get Undercurrent if you missed out on it. It's so gorgeous! I almost broke it out but I had to tell myself that I'm going to get 4 or maybe 6 of them if I have to lol

I cannot wait to get it! Yay!
choochoo.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I think I need everything you talked about above with a few backups.
angry.gif

Can we say expensive?
greengrin.gif
lol.gif

girl_devil.gif
Yes!

greengrin.gif

Quote:
the two blushes aren't unique at all. if you have any hot pink blush that is perm or LE, then you're set and don't need HBC. i'm an nc20 as well, and MHH turned super orange on me, so its a skippity doo dah for me.

unless you're gonna use all three pieces of the facekit, i'd go for that. if not, then just get plum foolery on its own.

Thank you Erin! I think I'll skip the blushes from this collection. I have a hot pink blush (Full Fuchsia) and enough peachy blushes which will last me for a long time. I will spend the money for something else such as pigments and pearlglide eye liners.
yes.gif

kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
You have a problem with the texture of Later? I never noticed anything off about it. The only pigments I've had trouble with are Mutiny and Mauvement.

I have a sample of it and the base texture is flaky, chalky, dry. It's not my prefered smooth pigment texture like antique green, teal, old gold, pink pearl etc... It's workable when used wet but still makes me go
getyou.gif
lol

That being said, I think these ones are worth the extra effort.
drools.gif

And yeah mutiny and mauvement aren't the best ones either. But I still can't give up my precious mutiny.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Erin, another gorgeous avatar from you!
heart.gif

thanks. i'll switch em up a bit til i find one that'll stick for a bit.
greengrin.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
thanks. i'll switch em up a bit til i find one that'll stick for a bit.
greengrin.gif

Have fun!
th_wink3.gif

fferonica

Quote:
we all know how
th_drool.gif
later pigment is, so its no shock that i'm getting a backup. why am i getting 2 of the other 2 pigments?

img11091.jpg

nuff said!

I can literally feel the drool inside my mouth when I see this
lol.gif

PlatinumV

backup? That's a good excuse for buying also the sets in which I already have pigments ^^
By the way, finally today I am getting my VV order! ^^ ^^ ^^

Camnagem

Quote:
img11091.jpg

OMG, wow!
sigh.gif
heart.gif
sigh.gif

These will be the pigments that bring pigments back into my collection, I can't miss them. I think MN will be gorgeous over Greengrease GPS and TFC over French Quarter or Brown Now GPS will be yummy!

Erin...thanks!!!
th_worship.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
OMG, wow!
sigh.gif
heart.gif
sigh.gif

These will be the pigments that bring pigments back into my collection, I can't miss them. I think MN will be gorgeous over Greengrease GPS and TFC over French Quarter or Brown Now GPS will be yummy!

Erin...thanks!!!
th_worship.gif

Great ideas! I'll be trying both of those.
thmbup.gif
greengrin.gif

Also, my mom doesn't really approve of my makeup addiction, but I emailed her the link to the swatch of The Family Crest, and she was like "oh my god! you have to get that for Halloween."
greengrin.gif
I thought that was cute.
greengrin.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:
we all know how
th_drool.gif
later pigment is, so its no shock that i'm getting a backup. why am i getting 2 of the other 2 pigments?

img11091.jpg

nuff said!

lawd, help me!
blink.gif
blink.gif

TeresitaMC

Quote:
What is everyone's opinion on the face kits? I kind of want the one with OSF in it, because I would like a backup. I've had Dame on my list forever, but if I'm being honest, Plum Foolery has never crossed my radar. And I adore the compact. Are they worth it?

I got one last year because I loved 2 of 3 of the colours and I still thought it was worth it. Though I have used that third colour a few times just lightly applied with my finger. I think it's a great deal if you will use at least two thirds of it
smiles.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
th_hug.gif

That sounds awesome! Reminds me I need to go back up to Colorado (nature
greengrin.gif
) to spend some time with my dad.
lol.gif

will do.
thmbup.gif

can't wait for swatches of the palettes! reelers and rockers will be mine.
greengrin.gif

Colorado sounds so nice! You should go visit your dad. You'll love it.
yes.gif
I've been there a couple of times, and I really enjoyed it. The fall colors I saw there was something I will never forget. (nature!
cutey.gif
)

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
I got one last year because I loved 2 of 3 of the colours and I still thought it was worth it. Though I have used that third colour a few times just lightly applied with my finger. I think it's a great deal if you will use at least two thirds of it
smiles.gif

That's a good way to look at it.
greengrin.gif
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Colorado sounds so nice! You should go visit your dad. You'll love it.
yes.gif
I've been there a couple of times, and I really enjoyed it. The fall colors I saw there was something I will never forget. (nature!
cutey.gif
)

Ugh I know- I used to love spending my summers there. I miss it a lot. It's so hot where I live, so the breeze and all the green trees are always a nice change. I think I'll try to go early next summer.
thmbup.gif

Visi

WOW I love the look of Family Crest pigment
bigheart.gif
I can't wait to get it!

I think I might pass on MHH since I'm a yellow NC 30/35 and don't want it to turn orange. I have RP, ML and IC so I think that'll be enough. Unfortunately I can't swatch so won't be able to try it.

So it looks like my list has come down to only two items *gasp*

Family Crest p/m
Lord it up pgl

That's good, I have to stop spending so much
ssad.gif

Visi

Erine, I posted your swatch in the swatch thread
smiles.gif
I hope that's ok, if not, let me know and I'll remove it!

Ilenia

I wanted to skip the pigments and get a pigment set instead but I'm not so much in love with the swatches from the sets so far. However, I fell in love with Moonlight Night and The Family Crest!
Do you think MN will look good on green eyes?