MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i have only used it a couple of times. i used it wet on my lid and then dry one the crease and then shroom to highlight. really simple but nice smokey look.

ooh i have never thought of doing that with a pigment! since the wet part on the lif will be more vibrant and then in the crease it'll be more subtle!
thmbup.gif

banana1234

PIGMENTS!!! come to mamma!!!!!!!!!!!
drools.gif

i want them all, i didnt manage to get later because it was online only here and it sold out ridiculously quickly, so i MUST get it with this!

but i'm really excited about moonlight night, even though i already have deep blue green, and family crest looks divine and if erine says we need it, i definitely need it, i have trusted erine's opinions so far and NEVER been disappointed!

saouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Yes, our dear Erine said it is Her Blooming Cheek blush

THAANK YOU!!!
Sorry, I have read through most of these pages (or "scanned" them rather)... but of course there are so many of them, that I must have missed out on this info!!

I am so afraid that most of the things I want from this collection (there are many many many!!!) will be sold out too quickly, ahhhh...

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutegingerbread
ooh i have never thought of doing that with a pigment! since the wet part on the lif will be more vibrant and then in the crease it'll be more subtle!
thmbup.gif

oh yes! i do this with alot of pigments. sweet sienna is another that looks good buy doing this. but i always use a darker base on my lids to add more depth
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by saouri
THAANK YOU!!!
Sorry, I have read through most of these pages (or "scanned" them rather)... but of course there are so many of them, that I must have missed out on this info!!

I am so afraid that most of the things I want from this collection (there are many many many!!!) will be sold out too quickly, ahhhh...

Hopefully there will be a greater product quantity from which to get all the things you want.
smiles.gif

Yeah, so far my total is about $275
icon_eek.gif
but that all changes once the swatches are available.

chromatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite
Thinking about getting my first pigment with this collection, is it worth it to press it you think? Can't wait for more swatches!

I don't even bother with most pan eyeshadows because pressed pigments have such great payoff.

shontay07108

I think either this week or next I will either go back to the Soho store taking pre sales or visit my local store and see if they're doing it. I don't want to have to be paranoid and stalking the site. I want to be set. I need to make my final list, though. Even though I haven't seen the palettes, I've definitely seen enough to make a more accurate list.

shontay07108

lol.gif
I just realized Showstopper is in one of the eye palettes. Man, Mac loves this shadow, huh? I do, too but it's so funny that it comes out what seems like a couple of times a year.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visi
Erine, I posted your swatch in the swatch thread
smiles.gif
I hope that's ok, if not, let me know and I'll remove it!

thmbup.gif

thanks doll! my permission is never needed. its easier for me to post em in the discussion thread under quoted requests. so if anyone reposts em in the swatch thread, that helps me out greatly!
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilenia
I wanted to skip the pigments and get a pigment set instead but I'm not so much in love with the swatches from the sets so far. However, I fell in love with Moonlight Night and The Family Crest!
Do you think MN will look good on green eyes?

i have green eyes and i'm getting 2 of em! it won't make green eyes pop, but who cares.
th_dunno.gif
MN is sex it a pot!
graucho.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
lol.gif
^ it's ok...I still love ya
winkiss.gif

th_hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
so many people are raving about later pigment and haven't even tried it yet. i'm not sure what to do with it. how are you ladies using it? wet? dry? all over the lid? i need some ideas!

same with undercurrent - i love it, it is such a beautiful color! i have yet to use it though, not sure what to do with it.
god i'm so uncreative when it comes to creating looks, it's not even funny.

use em both together! later on the lid and UC smudged on the bottom lashline, with feline in the waterline and on top, or vice versa...

UC all over the lid as a shadow, and later on the bottom lashline.

use later with:
seedy pearl
vex
BI
for a sultry smokey eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by honybr
Does anyone know or speculate if Black Line will be close to Orpheus? I have no clue when I bought Orpheus or if it was part of a collection, but if anyone remembers it, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.

img11211.jpg

orpheus, black line

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
but i'm really excited about moonlight night, even though i already have deep blue green, and family crest looks divine and if erine says we need it, i definitely need it, i have trusted erine's opinions so far and NEVER been disappointed!

blush-anim-cl.gif

Camnagem

I'm so annoyed by that damn palette with Showstopper in it!
getyou.gif

I have it in pot form, eventually caved and got it in the damn BB quad, and I was actually wanting this warm smokey palette...until we got the names! Bronze and Buckwheat are in there too and I have both of them already.

Watch me get the damn thing anyway...
th_crazy.gif
lol.gif

honybr

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

img11211.jpg

orpheus, black line

Thank you so much! Black line is now officially on the list!

If at all possible can you compare Black Russian with Black Swan? They look very similar to me.

saouri

I don't know why, but I am really dyyying to know the international release date...

just when do I get to freak out completely?? sometime in november - is simply NOT ENOUGH!

How likely is it, that the release date is roughly the same as Magic Mirth and Mischief's last year?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I'm so annoyed by that damn palette with Showstopper in it!
getyou.gif

I have it in pot form, eventually caved and got it in the damn BB quad, and I was actually wanting this warm smokey palette...until we got the names! Bronze and Buckwheat are in there too and I have both of them already.

Watch me get the damn thing anyway...
th_crazy.gif
lol.gif

i love showstopper! i have 2 depotted pans of it, and all the palettes its in. i actually prefer it to embark.
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by honybr
Thank you so much! Black line is now officially on the list!

If at all possible can you compare Black Russian with Black Swan? They look very similar to me.

right now i only my paper swatch of BS. i work tmrw, and if this came in shipment, i will compare BS and BR. swatches will be posted in about 28 hours!

Camnagem

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i love showstopper! i have 2 depotted pans of it, and all the palettes its in. i actually prefer it to embark.
th_dunno.gif

I really like it too! It's just...how many do I need? Probably one more.
lol.gif

On the plus side, there are much worse shades to be popping up everywhere. At least Showstopper is a great color.
yes.gif

GlamQueen21

I don't know why I haven't got Showstopper e/s in my eyeshadow collection! I do really need to get that like ASAP! Maybe I'll get it with the Burmese Beauty Quad or just by itself in pot form in the Clearance Bin.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
black swan, with family crest or moonlight night
th_drool.gif

th_drool.gif

and black line with family crest. that's the first combo I'll do.
greengrin.gif
th_worship.gif

saouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
To me, it looks as though BOTH blushes have been used on her.
th_drool.gif
That is beautiful! And, the lips are
th_drool.gif

I know who will own both of those blushes
sneaky.gif

haha - yes, i know the feeling!