MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Maybe I won't tell you!
girlhaha.gif

Who am I kidding? I can't keep a secret.

lol.gif
i have DBG but i just cant resist moonlight night

LittleMaryJane

I just realized today that I need something like Glamora Castle... Just before I stumbled across it in a blog. So... That's on my list now. I was hoping I'd end up liking at least one shadow, I like the tartan print on them.

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbeta
My favorite MAC artists let me play with some of the testers today

Based on that, here's what I'll be getting:
6 Twists of Tartan
6 Beauties Play It Cool
Glamora Castle
Semi-Precious
Cut a Caper
Her Blooming Cheek

Total = $144

You have so many of the same things on your list as mine! I wish I could get both TOT and BPIC but I can't so I'm probably gonna have to leave TOT because I have similar colours already. I really want to see Glamora Castle swatched on skin! I have high hopes for it.
drools.gif

Lisianthus

I love the look of the shadows! I'm really looking forward to seeing this collection in person now. If the colours run all the way through the shadow, that'll be brilliant!

juicycouture328

I can't decide between the eye palettes, they all look pretty good to me. I'm loving every one of the single eyeshadows, and I would like to try the pigments, not as sure how those will turn out on me though.
I also want to get two of the glosses. :p

katred

Specktra Bestie
Pauses for a group hug with everyone who's prone to buying things just for the names...

grouphug2.gif

Current list is:

Cut A Caper
The Faerie Glen
Deepest Wish (yes, I have 3,728 dark lipsticks, so what??)
Courting Lilac
Moonlit Night
Family Crest
Black Swan/ Black Line (still not decided)
Play It Cool
Naughty Little vices

I can't really conscience Reelers & Rockers because the colours don't strike me as that original, despite the presence of so many veluxe pearls...

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Erin, Do you know what would be the closest dupe to "Magical Mist" from the Dashing Lassie palette?
smiles.gif
Thank you!

caviar dreams from cham pale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
pte really looks best when wet! it is awesome - dry it is just a little blah!

its dry in my swatch.
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Nah uh!
nonono.gif
Don't say that! I don't need it.

YES YOU DO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
OMG your swatches are to dies for
drools.gif
Strange thing is bloodline looks lighter on you than I remember
th_confused_new.gif
Thanks a lot Erin
winkiss.gif

it may be because its swatched next to the darker purples, making it look alot lighter than when it was swatched on its own.
th_dunno.gif

GlamQueen21

My MAC store is not having a launch party for this collection. Oh, well. I'm ordering online when it comes up. This collection is going to be awesome! It reminds me of "Red" She Said all over again!

laylalovesmac

I've decided to cut the pigment sets and just get the gloss sets. I don't like all of the pigment shades, so I'll just buy the ones I have really been wanting later. I'm surprised at how much I've been able to chop.
shockt.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
lol.gif
i have DBG but i just cant resist moonlight night

iagree.gif
i'm addicted to piggies! what can i say?!
smiles.gif

caviar dreams from cham pale.

its dry in my swatch.
ssad.gif

YES YOU DO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liya2007

it may be because its swatched next to the darker purples, making it look alot lighter than when it was swatched on its own.
th_dunno.gif

oh wow! i should really break out pte again then! i havent used it months and i remembered it as being kinda dry and blah when use without a mixing medium!

AndSparkle

For me PTE went kinda dusty looking if I used it dry :S Then again, I've only had it a few days, I need to try more things with it
greengrin.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndSparkle
For me PTE went kinda dusty looking if I used it dry :S Then again, I've only had it a few days, I need to try more things with it
greengrin.gif

i bought mine when it came out last year and i havent used it as much as i should have. although it is very similar to grape and i tend to use that as my go to dark purple pigment
smiles.gif

Susanne

Thanks to gift cards and birthday money this year again there will be one big present for me:

The holiday collection. Yay!
th_thb5ed765e.gif

Modmom

I'm so sorry if this has been asked and answered (and I'm sure in 120 pages it has been
greengrin.gif
) but when do the Nordstrom exclusive kits come out? Same day as the collection launch?
I live in Canada so no Nordstrom stores here. Guess I'll be bugging one of my US friends or ordering online. I want the kit with Fresco Rose pp!!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom
I'm so sorry if this has been asked and answered (and I'm sure in 120 pages it has been
greengrin.gif
) but when do the Nordstrom exclusive kits come out? Same day as the collection launch?
I live in Canada so no Nordstrom stores here. Guess I'll be bugging one of my US friends or ordering online. I want the kit with Fresco Rose pp!!

They aren't Nordstrom exclusive but store and online exclusive in the US. That was a wrong info first.

And I guess they come out in October with the first release.

color_lover456

is it just me or do these eyeshadows look more pastel-ly and light to everyone? i was sorta hoping by the descriptions and the fact that it's a fall/winter collection that the colors would be really pigmented, dark, and deep.

color_lover456

My list:

Lipstick US $14.50
Cut a Caper- mid tone peachy pink (lustre)
The Faerie Glen- pale neutral pink (lustre)
Courting Lilac- sheer lilac mauve with soft gold pearl (glaze)

Dazzleglass Creme US $18
Radiant Jewels- dark sparkly magenta
Passing Fancy- bright orange coral with soft pearl

i'm really undecided about the eyeshadows...so far only "a wish come true" and "semi-precious" sound good to me, depending on how pastel-ly they come out (no pastels please!) i might end up getting all, i might end up getting two of each, but right now i am underwhelmed.
Eyeshadow- US $19.50
Golden Crown- light gold with bronze tartan striping
A Wish Come True- dirty mauve with bubblegum pink tartan striping
Follow Your Fantasy- mid-tone peach with chocolate tartan striping
Enviably Fun- grass green with dark green tartan striping
Semi- Precious- aubergine with chocolate tartan striping
Glamora Castle- dark grey with teal tartan striping

Pigment US$19.50
x2 Moonlight Night- blackened teal with teal pearl
x2 The Family Crest- blackend bronze with bronze pearl

Pearlglide Intense eye liner US$14.50
x2 Black Swan- black with pearl
Lord it Up- bronze with pearl

Powder Blush US$18.50
Her Blooming Cheek- bright iridescent blue pink (frost)

x2 My Highland Honey- bright coral with soft gold pearl (frost)

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by color_lover456
is it just me or do these eyeshadows look more pastel-ly and light to everyone? i was sorta hoping by the descriptions and the fact that it's a fall/winter collection that the colors would be really pigmented, dark, and deep.

iagree.gif