MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

MissCrystal

I'm so sorry if this has been asked and answered (and I'm sure in 120 pages it has been
greengrin.gif
) but when do the Nordstrom exclusive kits come out? Same day as the collection launch?
I live in Canada so no Nordstrom stores here. Guess I'll be bugging one of my US friends or ordering online. I want the kit with Fresco Rose pp!![/quote]

you can get them at the bay . Anything that is only for nordstroms u can get at the mac counter at the bay, so no need to order online or bug your us friends.

jazm1n3s

I use my Push The Edge pigment a lot, it's not even funny. It's definitely my go-to crease/outer corner color when going out at night. It's like the perfect dark purple color, and it looks awesome as a liner too!
thmbup.gif

When using as a liner, i usually use it wet on top of blacktrack, and it looks like the perfect dark purple/eggplant liner.

As e/s, I always use it dry, and i have yet to find one color that this does not look good with. I paired it with Sweet Sienna, Mauvement, All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Blonde's Gold, you name it. I really can't live without PTE, and i am soooo glad i got this at a CCO (the last one too)
th_wink3.gif

Now, if only i can find the perfect dark brown crease color
sneaky.gif

EDIT: Just realized that i probably should put this under VV thread. Oh well...

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom
I'm so sorry if this has been asked and answered (and I'm sure in 120 pages it has been
greengrin.gif
) but when do the Nordstrom exclusive kits come out? Same day as the collection launch?
I live in Canada so no Nordstrom stores here. Guess I'll be bugging one of my US friends or ordering online. I want the kit with Fresco Rose pp!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
They aren't Nordstrom exclusive but store and online exclusive in the US. That was a wrong info first.

And I guess they come out in October with the first release.

MissCrystal is right, if a kit is exclusive to Nordstrom, for Canada you read: The Bay only, and if it says US only, read: US and CA only
winks.gif

CA always get same MAC stuff as US, but pricier...
cry.gif

Luiza_T

Sorry if it has been answered already, but how different is My Highland Honey from Cantaloupe? And is there any dupe for My Highland Honey? TIA.

HebrideanSprite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T
Sorry if it has been answered already, but how different is My Highland Honey from Cantaloupe? And is there any dupe for My Highland Honey? TIA.

Peaches is supposed to be a dupe for MHH according to Erin.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HebrideanSprite

That's right! I believe she said MHH was a brighter version.
yes.gif

shontay07108

I think I want My Highland Honey again. Why not? I am always a sucker for that kind of color. Plus, I've chopped my list down considerably, so I won't feel guilty about adding this.

Luiza_T

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
That's right! I believe she said MHH was a brighter version.
yes.gif

Thanks, girls! I believe I'm gonna skip it then. I was at the MAC store the other day swatching Peaches and I didn't like it.
nope.gif

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
I use my Push The Edge pigment a lot, it's not even funny. It's definitely my go-to crease/outer corner color when going out at night. It's like the perfect dark purple color, and it looks awesome as a liner too!
thmbup.gif

When using as a liner, i usually use it wet on top of blacktrack, and it looks like the perfect dark purple/eggplant liner.

As e/s, I always use it dry, and i have yet to find one color that this does not look good with. I paired it with Sweet Sienna, Mauvement, All That Glitters, Woodwinked, Blonde's Gold, you name it. I really can't live without PTE, and i am soooo glad i got this at a CCO (the last one too)
th_wink3.gif

Now, if only i can find the perfect dark brown crease color
sneaky.gif

EDIT: Just realized that i probably should put this under VV thread. Oh well...

PTE is THAT purple
yahoo.gif
*screams out* every girl should have one!

TeresitaMC

This is the wrong thread
lol.gif
but I have a sample of PTE thanks to the ever so lovely and kind hearted 1 UP Mushrooms! I can't wait to try it in an actual look. I fell in love with it when it first came out and I can kick myself for not getting it then. It makes me feel like I have 4 items from VV
greengrin.gif

Thank you again 1 UP Mushrooms
love.gif
th_hug.gif
heart.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I think I want My Highland Honey again. Why not? I am always a sucker for that kind of color. Plus, I've chopped my list down considerably, so I won't feel guilty about adding this.

i quite fancied getting that blush. but i haven't cut my list down quite enough yet!
tong.gif

sayah

I wonder just how frosty the Reelers & Rockers palette is. I'm in love with the metallics but I have to be able to wear them without looking like a Twihard, you know?
winks.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Do we have the other model picture yet for this collection? I know erin mentioned that there would be 3 different shots. *EXCITED*
th_DANCE.gif

No, I haven't seen them yet.

Icecaramellatte

How does pre-order work? I'm considering stopping by a Mac store this afternoon or tomorrow. Do you pay right away, on the date of release or when you pick up the items? Thanks.

Actually, I'm wondering if I should even consider pre-ordering. I don't remember any early sell outs at holiday time but then again I haven't really bought anything from the holiday collections in awhile.

Modmom

Quote:
greengrin.gif
I live in Canada so no Nordstrom stores here. Guess I'll be bugging one of my US friends or ordering online. I want the kit with Fresco Rose pp!![/quote]

you can get them at the bay . Anything that is only for nordstroms u can get at the mac counter at the bay, so no need to order online or bug your us friends.

Thanks for that info. I actually buy all my MAC at the Bay, but I've never paid attention to anything that was exclusive to Nordstrom so had no idea.
thmbup.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
How does pre-order work? I'm considering stopping by a Mac store this afternoon or tomorrow. Do you pay right away, on the date of release or when you pick up the items? Thanks.

Actually, I'm wondering if I should even consider pre-ordering. I don't remember any early sell outs at holiday time but then again I haven't really bought anything from the holiday collections in awhile.

if i remember rightly they charge your card when you collect the items. however i could be wrong seeing as the uk mac doesn't do pre-orders. just is just what i remember people saying
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
greengrin.gif
I live in Canada so no Nordstrom stores here. Guess I'll be bugging one of my US friends or ordering online. I want the kit with Fresco Rose pp!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
They aren't Nordstrom exclusive but store and online exclusive in the US. That was a wrong info first.

And I guess they come out in October with the first release.

the swinging violets kit is nordies (and the bay) only. the macglamourous and scottish fling are mac store only.

they all launch on the 28th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiza_T

its nowhere near cantaloupe.
nope.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte

they put a hold on the funds on your card immediately when you presell. once the collection launches, the funds are offically charged to your card and you can pick up your stuff anytime after the launch.