MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Camnagem

Haggis =
puke.gif

The hubby competing in Highland Games =
biguns.gif
heart.gif

We travel to a bunch of Scottish festivals all the time and he competes and it's so much fun! The food is usually awesome, but Haggis? No thanks.
lol.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
my dad IS scottish and there's about as much chance of him wearing a kilt as there is of hell freezing over!
tong.gif

it's so weird, normally i think scottish-themed stuff is really cheesey [i mean, come on. nobody up here really wears kilts and plays bagpipes on a daily basis, stop it!] but i have a feeling that this collection will buck that trend. the product names sound more romantic and like sir walter scott's 'waverley' kinda scotland and not 'touristy scotland' if you get me
yes.gif

are the release dates international or just north america and canada? i want to get my grubby wee paws on them ASAP!

iagree.gif
Which makes me happy. Cheesy names are a nono.
nonono.gif

InspiredBlue

I've never eaten haggis, but I would probably like it, seeing as I like liver and stuff like that. Hehe.. I'm strange like that.

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I remember seeing it when I was very little- lots of rolling hills and kilts is sort of my recollection.

It is...it's rather cheesy but most musicals tend to be that way...and it's supposed to take place about 100/150 years in the past I think (Well, it's a town that only appears for 1 day every hundred years). So it takes place in present-day (well, 1950s-60s about) but the town is sort of stuck in time...so they don't have phones, cars, radios, etc. So...yes, it's quite cheesy, and there are lots of kilts and pastoral scenery...and Gene Kelly dancing, of course.
tong.gif

tamarindi

Her blooming cheek is mine! (now that I'm not going to buy Bite of an apple)
I really hope it will be a gorgeous pink.

Eurydice

Hi ladies!!

I've been searching for release info for last holiday collection and last year we knew the complete list of products since the very beginning of August. What happens this year!!?? No info yet??

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurydice
Hi ladies!!

I've been searching for release info for last holiday collection and last year we knew the complete list of products since the very beginning of August. What happens this year!!?? No info yet??

we have the names for the colour collection, one photo of the blushes, a description of the pigments [excluding later.] and bbgillian has two of the lipsticks which she's going to swatch for us soon
smiles.gif

other than that, we'll just have to be patient and wait and see what erin tells us once she's been to the update in mid september
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Very anxiously, I may add.
tong.gif

one might even use the words extremely anxious!
tong.gif

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
one might even use the words extremely anxious!
tong.gif

I stalk this thread about 3x an hour!!!! I'm past the anxious stage!!!
shockt.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I stalk this thread about 3x an hour!!!! I'm past the anxious stage!!!
shockt.gif

lol! you take the crown for most anxious then and also take the tiara for obsessive!
tong.gif
th_hug.gif

Susanne

I will be busy this weekend - so no pictures before Sunday afternoon, please!
winks.gif
I could not post them earlier.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I will be busy this weekend - so no pictures before Sunday afternoon, please!
winks.gif
I could not post them earlier.

hee hee! Sundays are good for me because Sunday evening is specktra time while drinking some wine! so sunday would be awesome for me too!
smiles.gif
come on Mac God's! make pictures appear for us please!

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
lol! you take the crown for most anxious then and also take the tiara for obsessive!
tong.gif
th_hug.gif

When i find something i love, thats it! There's no turning back for me!

Ohhh my poor, poor boyfriend
graucho.gif

Almus

Quote:
hee hee! Sundays are good for me because Sunday evening is specktra time while drinking some wine! so sunday would be awesome for me too!
smiles.gif
come on Mac God's! make pictures appear for us please!

Praying mode on!

Ladies I am on holidays! Nothing else but some pictures and /or info about TT would make me happier than I am now
th_DANCE.gif

spunky

pictures better not appear this weekend - i'm getting my tongue pierced tomorrow so i won't be able to speak, therefore i won't be able to phone my mum and tell her about all the gorgeous new products haha! or, if i do, it'll be all lispy and drooly with my big ole' swollen tongue
girlhaha.gif