MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
pictures better not appear this weekend - i'm getting my tongue pierced tomorrow so i won't be able to speak, therefore i won't be able to phone my mum and tell her about all the gorgeous new products haha! or, if i do, it'll be all lispy and drooly with my big ole' swollen tongue
girlhaha.gif

Tongue piercing!
choochoo.gif
You'll have to let me know how the pain is. I'm always curious about that kind of stuff. Good luck!
th_hug.gif

And on topic, I am dying for pics! But, unfortunately, I probably won't be on all weekend, so if they do get posted Sunday, I won't see them until next week.
weeping.gif

Visi

Layla, wenn I got my tongue pierced (admittedly ages ago, so memories may be dimmed
winks.gif
) it didn't hurt at all! I was very surprised, I always thought it'd be so painful!

Can't wait for pictures, especially more info on the pigments
th_DANCE.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Not to pee on the parade or anything, but is there a reason to be hopeful that photos/ more info on this collection will be available by Sunday? I mean, fantastic if so, but I really don't want to set myself up for a disappointment...

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Not to pee on the parade or anything, but is there a reason to be hopeful that photos/ more info on this collection will be available by Sunday? I mean, fantastic if so, but I really don't want to set myself up for a disappointment...

nope, we're all just saying we're busy doing things so IF they do, we won't be about to see them... extreme MAC geekery
tong.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

Quote:
nope, we're all just saying we're busy doing things so IF they do, we won't be about to see them... extreme MAC geekery
tong.gif

yup! it's all just wishful thinking!
smiles.gif

tamarindi

I want so much new info that I will probably start dancing when it will be reaveled
th_DANCE.gif
I really wish now for an awesome smokey palette
love.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarindi
I want so much new info that I will probably start dancing when it will be reaveled
th_DANCE.gif
I really wish now for an awesome smokey palette
love.gif

there usually is a smokey palette with the holiday collection so don't worry
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
pictures better not appear this weekend - i'm getting my tongue pierced tomorrow so i won't be able to speak, therefore i won't be able to phone my mum and tell her about all the gorgeous new products haha! or, if i do, it'll be all lispy and drooly with my big ole' swollen tongue
girlhaha.gif

Congrats getting a new piercing! I wish you happy soup-eating-weeks!
winkiss.gif
I would love to have a new one too, vertical industrial, just like the one Flaminbird has!
yes.gif

PinkBasset

Oh and Layla, I agree with Visi - piercing your tongue doesn't hurt a bit, but the recovery time is annoying though, atleast for me it was.
winks.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Oh and Layla, I agree with Visi - piercing your tongue doesn't hurt a bit, but the recovery time is annoying though, atleast for me it was.
winks.gif

Same. The actual piercing of my tongue was no big deal but eating was SO HARD for me. I almost took it out because it took me so long to eat anything.
greengrin.gif
I'm glad I didn't.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Congrats getting a new piercing! I wish you happy soup-eating-weeks!
winkiss.gif
I would love to have a new one too, vertical industrial, just like the one Flaminbird has!
yes.gif

thanks! i'm getting a little bit nervous and i've got my last solid meal in the oven just now *sob* but it should be fine
yes.gif
hehe i need to go buy soup afterwards!

i might just have to console myself in specktra all weekend
greengrin.gif

LMD84

Quote:
there usually is a smokey palette with the holiday collection so don't worry
smiles.gif

yes they always do a smokey eyes palette. the one from red she said has been my favourite so far though
smiles.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yes they always do a smokey eyes palette. the one from red she said has been my favourite so far though
smiles.gif

It's an awesome palette!
yes.gif

bis

Quote:
thanks! i'm getting a little bit nervous and i've got my last solid meal in the oven just now *sob* but it should be fine
yes.gif
hehe i need to go buy soup afterwards!

i might just have to console myself in specktra all weekend
greengrin.gif

Just see your pharmacist before you go and get some drops for sore throat. Tell him what you are planning and he should be able to recommend something. Should help a lot.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Just see your pharmacist before you go and get some drops for sore throat. Tell him what you are planning and he should be able to recommend something. Should help a lot.

it's done! i've got some easy-swallow ibuprofen and alcohol free mouthwash in my bathroom so i'm all set for going to bed tonight
smiles.gif

it was SO easy! a wee bit uncomfortable when the needle got pushed through, but by far and away the easiest piercing i've had
greengrin.gif
i'm not too swollen, sore or lispy either, but eating is a little difficult. that's just a matter of getting used to it though.

all i need now is some new info/pictures for upcoming collections and my weekend will be perfect!
greengrin.gif

LittleMaryJane

Quote:
it's done! i've got some easy-swallow ibuprofen and alcohol free mouthwash in my bathroom so i'm all set for going to bed tonight
smiles.gif

it was SO easy! a wee bit uncomfortable when the needle got pushed through, but by far and away the easiest piercing i've had
greengrin.gif
i'm not too swollen, sore or lispy either, but eating is a little difficult. that's just a matter of getting used to it though.

all i need now is some new info/pictures for upcoming collections and my weekend will be perfect!
greengrin.gif

Yay! Glad it went well!
smiles.gif

tamarindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
smiles.gif

But the packaging of that palette... I hope for a better one this year

PinkBasset

Quote:
smiles.gif

greengrin.gif

greengrin.gif

Oh I'm glad it went well! It gets much easier when you can switch to the shorter barbell.
yes.gif
What others do you have? I went to see my piercer few years back when I wanted a double tongue piercing, but apparently I have a short tongue that can only handle one at a time.
greengrin.gif

spunky

i think i have a short tongue too, the exit hole is really close to the base of my tongue but it's probably because of the veins that are there.

i've got my nostril, monroe, tongue, inverse navel and a few in my ears. i used to have my nipple too but i retired that one last year.

i forgot how good mcflurrys are! just what i needed right now
smiles.gif

marusia

I pierced mine myself when I was 16...it didn't hurt nearly as bad as you'd think. I wouldn't do it myself again, that was rather stupid, but once it's healed, get a small barbell so it stays out of the way and more importantly, doesn't chip teeth!