MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

silentstorm143

Oh tartan tale you had me at hello. I keep going over the pics going ok im gonna get that no im going to get this etc lol I guess I will have o see swatches and have to see what is still available when I order online or go to the store.

Tat2dbeauty07

Not interested in part 2 I hate tartan print I much rather have last years bubble package over tartan although tartan is more of christmas pattern. I look forward to the colour story and picking up a few things but other than that nothing is striking my fancy.

cody

I guess I'm in the minority... but I'm really disappointed by the bags for the brush sets. It's just a bit too much with the clashing plaids, the black patch and the studs. I wish they had just done the two patterns and left off that bottom corner. I do love the palettes though! Although the colors looks near identical to last year's, I'll still be picking up a couple eye shadow sets.

miss_primer

WOW!!! I woke up to pics. This has made my day!!! I definitely want both brush sets, the kit with the mineralize eyeshadow, and the kit with the pigment have caught my eye.
mac_addict.gif

vipervixen

This thread is such an enabler LOL. I was sticking to the two jars of piggies and that was it until I saw the holiday sets and now my list have just gotten longer
smiles.gif

sinergy

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am so in love with the packaging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cannot wait for this collection now, def getting brush set and for once the warmer pigment set is calling to me right off the back.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Correct. The MAC holiday collections are always in 2 parts - part one is the colour story, which has the pigments and blushes we have seen some sneak peeks of.

Part two includes all the sets (pigments, brushes, lipsticks/glosses) and palettes that are always part of the holiday release - this part of the collection is reflected in the photos that were just posted.
winkiss.gif

Blimey! I'm an idiot! Of course that's why they're not there. Thanks for setting my head straight. So I can go ahead and not feel let down. I can also say that the cool eye palette and the cool pigment set are calling to me across the highland hills.

trulynicole

It is so preppy school girl to me! I love it
greengrin.gif

Man, I am so excited! I am liking:

-peachy gloss set
-shadow palettes
-lipstick/dazzleglass set
-fluidline/piggie set
-brush set (cuz the bags!)

shelz88

Is it just me or are the brushes that are included in the plaid set the same exact brushes that were included in last years holiday brush sets. I looked it up and they seemed to be the same.

Camnagem

OMG...
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif

I'm so excited I just puked in my mouth a little bit. Seriously.
lol.gif

I'm fighting the flu and saw these pictures and got all bouncy and excited and...oops. Gross, but SO worth it.

I'm in MAC heaven!!!
heart.gif

singer82

Yay some pics of the sets. This will be my first year buying from the holiday collection. I find it kind of strange that they release it in Oct instead of Dec. My VV list seems to be getting cut down so I'll def be getting a lot from this collection.
I'm going to try and stay away from lippies but that cool gloss set isnt helping! Guess it depends on what colors there are in the set. And that dazzleglass we saw from the other pics. I just cant resist my glosses and lipsticks...damn But I'm def getting the cool pigment set. Pigments are my weakness too! Will it ever end! lol

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
OMG...
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif
th_happy1.gif

I'm so excited I just puked in my mouth a little bit. Seriously.
lol.gif

I'm fighting the flu and saw these pictures and got all bouncy and excited and...oops. Gross, but SO worth it.

I'm in MAC heaven!!!
heart.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Get well soon, Camnagem.
th_hug.gif

iagree.gif
Yes- get well soon!
th_hug.gif
th_kiss.gif

(Don't worry- I almost threw up and I'm not sick
tong.gif
lol.gif
)

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Will it ever end! lol

I feel the same! But, I usually don't like the spring or summer collections very much (only bought from one this year), so after cham-pale, I'll probably have a bit of lull where I can save or buy something else.
cutey.gif

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
iagree.gif
Yes- get well soon!
th_hug.gif
th_kiss.gif

(Don't worry- I almost threw up and I'm not sick
tong.gif
lol.gif
)

^
lol.gif

Well, I was looking at the pictures again, and got a silly question. I don't know the name, but does the metallic tube part of the SE brushes and the lipsticks appear to be gold on everyone's monitor? Or am I just being silly again?
cutey.gif

shadowaddict

I really like this packaging. It's just how my fav ma described it. The top part of the brush bags looks just like my daughters old school uniforms. It reminds me of her going off in her startched white oxford shirt, cute plaid skirt, blazer and knee socks.

I also can't wait to see pics of the Kids Helping Kids. My ma told me a couple months ago that there will be two little bears this year wearing plaid. One is tiny like to hook on your bag. I usually buy the cards and they never get used so this will be great. I sure hope he was right.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Erin, have you seen anything from this collection? Any thoughts?
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sss215
no. not really into it
nope.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Door
No, you're not the only one. I've kept on reading this thread in hope that there will be something AMAZING, but I'm not in love yet.
th_dunno.gif

still the same. nothing from this collection aside from the killer pigments in the colour collection. the purple shadow palette is interesting, but i doubt it'll be much different from last years sorceress palette.
ssad.gif

SmokeSignal16

Yeah I'm glad to see photos but nothing is really jumping out at me still
ssad.gif
I agree with Erine I like that purple palette but I want to see how close it is to Sorceress first. The pigments (individual ones) look really awesome still but other than that nada from me yet!