MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I feel the same! But, I usually don't like the spring or summer collections very much (only bought from one this year), so after cham-pale, I'll probably have a bit of lull where I can save or buy something else.
cutey.gif

I'm actually looking forward to the spring/summer collections more. Esp the metal eyeshadows coming out! They are always my fav coll but I always miss out on them. And the wonder woman coll So my lull will be after this collection. I almost miss the times I didnt really pay attention to the collections. I had more money LOL
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
I'm actually looking forward to the spring/summer collections more. Esp the metal eyeshadows coming out! They are always my fav coll but I always miss out on them. And the wonder woman coll So my lull will be after this collection. I almost miss the times I didnt really pay attention to the collections. I had more money LOL
winks.gif

iagree.gif
with that! before i got so into mac all those years ago i honestly can't remember what i spent my money on! i used to buy lots of Lush stuff and shoes... perhaps that is where it went!

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
maybe this really is it. to be honest sometimes i feel there is too much choice with everything each year! maybe they narrowed it down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
My guess is... the pictures are just a tiny tiny part of the collection. It's usually HUGE.

yeah there usually is so much that it's overwhelming. i guess if this is the full collection, our wallets are a little safer? that said, there's more than enough there to keep me happy
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
yeah there usually is so much that it's overwhelming. i guess if this is the full collection, our wallets are a little safer? that said, there's more than enough there to keep me happy
smiles.gif

oh absolutely!
yes.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
oh absolutely!
yes.gif

i'm so excited about hearing the actual information now. it's great seeing the photos, but when you don't know what the products are it's a bit hard to narrow down what you want! it's definitely my favourite collection of 2010!

Purrple

Well, that teal pigment looks like the one that was posted here, but the other one and the bright blush and honey blush is nowhere to be seen, so this could be a tiny part of the collection. my poor, poor wallet.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrple
Well, that teal pigment looks like the one that was posted here, but the other one and the bright blush and honey blush is nowhere to be seen, so this could be a tiny part of the collection. my poor, poor wallet.

that's because this collection has two parts - the colour collection that the previously posted pigments, lipsticks and blushes are part of; and the kits/sets collection which are the products in the pictures released yesterday
yes.gif

annikay

Sorry if it's been said but this collection is VERY Alexander McQueen to me
winks.gif
Can't wait for all the info!

00330m.jpg

Purrple

Quote:
that's because this collection has two parts - the colour collection that the previously posted pigments, lipsticks and blushes are part of; and the kits/sets collection which are the products in the pictures released yesterday
yes.gif

thanks, it's all clear to me now
greengrin.gif

I'll concentrate on the sets only, they're the best value for me, especially knowing I don't finish full-size anything. lol, my mini zoomlash lasted me many months.

Purrple

can anyone help with the prices? I found that pigment sets were $32.50 last year, so it's probably a bit higher now.

how much approx. are those face palettes and the 2 sets with mascaras?

Susanne

Quote:
ok, silly question time: is that ALL the sets, or are we getting more lip bags etc? i seem to remember more than two lip bags with past collections
th_dunno.gif

There were lip bags with two full-sized lipsticks and one mini lipglass.

Now there are the sets with a full-sized lipstick and a full-sized Dazzleglass (?) - that would make sense for me. These are the lip bags for this year, I guess.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
There were lip gabgs with two full-sized lipsticks and one mini lipglass.

Now there are the sets with a full-sized lipstick and a full-sized Dazzleglass (?) - that would make sense for me. These are the lip bags for this year, I guess.

i actually prefer this! i think it's nice to have just one lippie and a full size gloss... esp when it is a dazzleglass!
th_wink3.gif

coachkitten

I am in love with the packaging! I must have one of the brush or pink/neutral lip bags.

Can't wait to hear more details on the actual colors but the pictures will do for now. I can't stop looking at them!
smiles.gif

sexysellerie

I guess I really like that collection. And I like the idea of "warm smokey eyes"
smiles.gif

Can'T wait to see further pictures of the palettes/sets!

Almus

I am liking the lipstick/dazzglass + bag (either pink or the other) and the cool tone smokey eyes palette for now. Anyway we still need to know more about the individual products in this collection! Cannot wait ...

Soul Unique

TT is looking awesome!!!

I adore the brush bags and lip bags and the shortbread tins too!! *sigh* The smokey coloured eye palette and the neutral one also are looking like future purchases
mac_addict.gif

Purrple

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Here are slightly larger and clearer pictures!! It's from the site we mentioned the other day..

MAC 2010?????? @ Yuki's Lazy Channel :: ??? PIXNET ::

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
I google translated this page, I don't know what it sounds like in English, but here I got some 'royal brittish sauce', brush was translated as something that might as well be a horse-comb, fan as the air-cooling fan, cream and cake as the food items, smokey as in a 'smoked salmon' or something, repair cream as home renovation, and I don't even understand the rest of it.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I am in love with the packaging! I must have one of the brush or pink/neutral lip bags.

Can't wait to hear more details on the actual colors but the pictures will do for now. I can't stop looking at them!
smiles.gif

iagree.gif
they look awesome! the palettes are realy cute too!

Misoxx

Just saw the photos for this collection, and while not being excited about it too much before, I'm very excited now. The palettes and the pigment selections look beautiful. I bought a pigment before, so they will really help get a nice range of colours to try.