MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrple
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
I google translated this page, I don't know what it sounds like in English, but here I got some 'royal brittish sauce', brush was translated as something that might as well be a horse-comb, fan as the air-cooling fan, cream and cake as the food items, smokey as in a 'smoked salmon' or something, repair cream as home renovation, and I don't even understand the rest of it.

i tried that for the first site we were linked to and i gave up after the first paragraph! the first photo with what looks like fresco rose PP is described as:

Quote:
Limited! Super Fantasy Star goods group!
"The Royal British soft ore group"
Preferential group of super price $ 1,485 (original price 2,760) 5.4 fold lasting eye color smooth cream (Pledge)
Mine fans soft light eye shadow (which are available)
Bright magic lips (which are available)
Alice Mascara zero gravity flight (Promo)
Royal British dressing

erm... alice mascara zero gravity? alrighty then!
lol.gif
gotta love google translate!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
It would be, if they brought back the original gorgeous, rich Teal pigment. The new formula, I don't think is nearly as stunning as the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
When did they change the formula?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I don't know exactly when (either with the new pigment jars or before) but within the last couple of years, I think. There are some comparison swatches floating around that show them side by side. Big difference, IMO.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f165/m...lation-167092/

LittleMaryJane

Now I'm starting to fall in love with the pallet with the green/yellow/blue colors. Again, not much of a pallet girl but I'm seeing some kick ass combos with that one.

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i tried that for the first site we were linked to and i gave up after the first paragraph! the first photo with what looks like fresco rose PP is described as:

lol.gif

Specktra is so international - don't we have any ladies who can translate? There must be one!!11

Soooo - pretty please with a cherry on top?

(Which language is it anyways? Chinese?
blonde.gif
)

silentstorm143

so there are three sets with a paint pot? I did my translate program and the only things I get were:
paint pot set plum tan and pink
blush pink and bronze
cool and warm pigments
coral and pink lipglass sets
6ct e/s in metallic eyes, plaid eyes, cool smokey eyes and warm smoky eyes
pink and neutral lipstick/gloss set

markeesi

I also thought that the purple palette looks a lot like Sorceress reorganized. Don't think I'll be needing it, unless swatches turn out to be totally different from Sorceress (doubt it).

Metallic eyes -palette looks like something I don't already have
smiles.gif

Rinstar

WOWWWWWW I like this a whole lot better now that I saw those pictures!!!! OMG the brush bags!!! I don't even need brushes, but I totally need them in that bag. I'm definitely getting a lip gloss set (not sure which), probs a pigment set, brush bag, and maybe one of the lip bags too. My bday is November 15 tho, so my BF will probably buy most of that and my mom always buys me a lip gloss set every year!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeesi
I also thought that the purple palette looks a lot like Sorceress reorganized. Don't think I'll be needing it, unless swatches turn out to be totally different from Sorceress (doubt it).

Metallic eyes -palette looks like something I don't already have
smiles.gif

yes i though that about the purple one, it is very similar to sorceress so i shall be skiping that one too. i like the look of the one with the blue and green shadow in it
smiles.gif

and i need a brush set too even though i have all the brushes already! i just love the bag!!

*JJ*

i've missed specktra after being MIA for a week but there's an upside: so much new info when you come back!
i love the packaging! i hope i'll like some of the sets because i really want one of these bags. but there's usually something in these sets (be it pigments, brushes or whatever) that i don't want/need and i hate to pay so much money if i don't get any use out of some of the items.
but we'll see.. the cool pigment set looks like a winner with all it's purples!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by markeesi

All this discussion is making me kind of happy I didn't buy the Sorceress palette last year. This one definitely looks up my alley and I love the packaging.

Susanne

I will skip the brushes - I really don't need them - and to get a bag I will buy a lip set!

And I will buy the purple palette for sure - even if I have Sorceress already
winks.gif

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
Specktra is so international - don't we have any ladies who can translate? There must be one!!11

blonde.gif
)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaminbird
I'm not interested in really anything from this collection oddly enough. I do like the packaging but other then that it doesnt look like I'll be getting anything. Maybe when it hits the CCO's I'll get something but not sure
ssad.gif

I tried a different translator but same weirdo things as you got spunky

haruhii.pixnet.net/blog/post/27002797 - Translator

we should have someone who can help us out, specktra has so many international girlies!

Flaminbird your translator makes a little more sense than google. at least it gives some names for the sets
smiles.gif

ETA: it lists 'metallic eyes' as 'metallica eyes' - LOL! oh man, i really want my eyes to look like james hetfield's
lol.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
If father had any interest in makeup, he would love this collection
lol.gif

But he doesn't even know what a blush is I guess.

Same here. My dad plays bagpipes
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
My guess is... the pictures are just a tiny tiny part of the collection. It's usually HUGE.

Don't say that! Please!
nope.gif
nonono.gif

I'm already screwed just with the first part
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
I'm actually looking forward to the spring/summer collections more. Esp the metal eyeshadows coming out! They are always my fav coll but I always miss out on them. And the wonder woman coll So my lull will be after this collection. I almost miss the times I didnt really pay attention to the collections. I had more money LOL
winks.gif

iagree.gif

Quote:
i'm so excited about hearing the actual information now. it's great seeing the photos, but when you don't know what the products are it's a bit hard to narrow down what you want! it's definitely my favourite collection of 2010!

iagree.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinstar
WOWWWWWW I like this a whole lot better now that I saw those pictures!!!! OMG the brush bags!!! I don't even need brushes, but I totally need them in that bag. I'm definitely getting a lip gloss set (not sure which), probs a pigment set, brush bag, and maybe one of the lip bags too. My bday is November 15 tho, so my BF will probably buy most of that and my mom always buys me a lip gloss set every year!

Same here.
th_LMAO.gif

PinkBasset

So no all syntethic brush sets this year either. I'm pretty sure I'll never get to have one.
th_dunno.gif

At this point I'm interested in the pigment sets, I just hope there are not alot of colours I already have.
smiles.gif
And I'm excited to see the quad(s?)!

sleepyhead

Quote:

lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
blonde.gif
)

yah, it's traditional chinese

it really didn't say much. just what's in each set with no color names

the mineral sets each has a full size paint pot, a full size mineralize eyeshadow, a full size lipglass, a sample size zoom lash, and a makeup box

each of the face palettes has a blush, a sheertone shimmer blush, and a beauty powder (why is sheertone shimmer blush called fashion shimmer smokey blush?!)

each of the pigment sets has 4 pigments + 1 glitter

each of the lipglass sets has 5 lipglass/lusterglass

each of the eyeshadow palettes has 6 colors + a mini 213 brush

each lip bags has a full size dazzleglass and a full size lipstick in a makeup bag

one of the brush sets has 275, 212, 227, 190 and 129 brushes in a cross shoulder bag

the other one has 209, 219, 252, 168, and 187 in a cross shoulder bag

the eye bag has a full size fluidline, a full size pigment, sample size zoom lash, and travel size 209 brush with a make up bag

the foundation/skin care ones should be obvious from the pictures

MzzRach

Thanks sleepyhead! You are so helpful, and thanks again for posting the pics.
winkiss.gif

The eyeshadow palettes looks pretty, but honestly I feel like they are pretty much what we see in every holiday collection from MAC. I still have my smokey eyes and warm eyes from 2008, and they're going strong, so unless this year there is something exceptional about these (all veluxe pearl! all starflash!) then I will likely pass.

I wish the brushes in the sets had tartan handles. That would have been amazing.

I am thinking I am going to want more from the colour story (pigments!!) then the collection of sets, but we'll see.

markeesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulynicole
how did people like the face kits last year? i am thinking of getting one this time, most likely the pink one.

I would also like to know. If anyone got these last year, have you used them a lot/not so much? Do you think it was a good purchase?