MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

LMD84

thanks for that sleepyhead!
smiles.gif
you rock!

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
the mineral sets each has a full size paint pot, a full size mineralize eyeshadow, a full size lipglass, a sample size zoom lash, and a makeup box

each of the face palettes has a blush, a sheertone shimmer blush, and a beauty powder (why is sheertone shimmer blush called fashion shimmer smokey blush?!)

each of the pigment sets has 4 pigments + 1 glitter

each of the lipglass sets has 5 lipglass/lusterglass

each of the eyeshadow palettes has 6 colors + a mini 213 brush

each lip bags has a full size dazzleglass and a full size lipstick in a makeup bag

one of the brush sets has 275, 212, 227, 190 and 129 brushes in a cross shoulder bag

the other one has 209, 219, 252, 168, and 187 in a cross shoulder bag

the eye bag has a full size fluidline, a full size pigment, sample size zoom lash, and travel size 209 brush with a make up bag

the foundation/skin care ones should be obvious from the pictures

What are the ball park prices for everything? How much per pigment set, lipglass set, eye bag and mineral sets?

nazneen372

Thanks for the info sleepyhead!

I was really looking forward to this collection - in my mind tartans equal rich, dark, velvety shades of pine green, navy, purple, ochre and red. The colours look a bit pale and insipid in comparison to what I was expecting and I'm not so keen on the packaging.

I've got the 2008 pigment sets and each year I hope to add to my collection but they're always so similar, a warm gold-based collection and a cool silver-lilac one. Shame, I'd hoped for darker ones this year with the tartan theme. But perhaps the darker ones are on the side not pictured.

sleepyhead

she also mentioned in the comment that they didn't show the actual items when she went to the press release party, so there probably won't be any swatches until the products are on sale.

but she did get to see the VV, so she'll probably post them soon

Larrabee

This will be my first holiday collection, so I have only my wallet to worry about, and not so much what came out in previous years. So I'm definitely interested in that gorgeous cool-toned eyeshadow palette.

Also want:
One of those awesome bags. Not sure which yet, just know I need one. :p
The fuchsia blush from the other part of the collection.

I'm getting the idea that this collection will be the most tempting one so far. I cannot wait for more pictures and swatches! But my wallet can.

HOTasFCUK

So excited that we FINALLY got some pics!!!! I'm just not loving the packing (i wore a kilt to my 2 diff. Catholic high schools and can never look at tartan the same LOL) but it won't stop me from buying because its all about the products for me. If i learned to love the neon orange Neo-Sci-Fi packaging, then i'll be ok!

Ok now whats next.....colour story???? I'm dying to know what shades are in the mini sets and if there will be anythng else. I'm kinda surprised there is only 2 lipgloss and two pigment sets.....wasn't it 3 last year?

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
So excited that we FINALLY got some pics!!!! I'm just not loving the packing (i wore a kilt to my 2 diff. Catholic high schools and can never look at tartan the same LOL) but it won't stop me from buying because its all about the products for me. If i learned to love the neon orange Neo-Sci-Fi packaging, then i'll be ok!

Ok now whats next.....colour story???? I'm dying to know what shades are in the mini sets and if there will be anythng else. I'm kinda surprised there is only 2 lipgloss and two pigment sets.....wasn't it 3 last year?

yeah- there three last year. maybe this is because they're releasing full size pigments as well
th_dunno.gif
th_confused_new.gif

banana1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiss
I must be a loner but I hate plaid so I hate the packaging. I think the only holiday packaging I really liked were the ones with the black clutches. A good thing for me, as I am planning to seriously cut down on MAC expenses.

The only think Ill be getting so far are those 2 new sexy pigments.

i also think the packaging is
throwup.gif

i'm saying it now, i will buy the brush sets, but whoever wants the bags, can have them just pay me postage or they will go in the bin!

i wore a kilt for 6 years at school!

i dont mind tartan but i just am not feeling this packaging, it reminds me of school! especially the way they have the mac badges on them.

i am doubly looking forward to the pigments and lippies blushes etc now, i can ignore the eye palettes etc, my wallet is happy

TeresitaMC

Whoa! I just went back and saw that we got the colour story for last years collection in very early august!!!
Why such a long wait, MAC?
nope.gif
Could they be trying to avoid anything from overshadowing Disney VV?

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Whoa! I just went back and saw that we got the colour story for last years collection in very early august!!!
Why such a long wait, MAC?
nope.gif
Could they be trying to avoid anything from overshadowing Disney VV?

Good question. Many of us are really perplexed as to why detals on this collection are so late this year. Normally we have pretty complete info by this time.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i'm saying it now, i will buy the brush sets, but whoever wants the bags, can have them just pay me postage or they will go in the bin!

If you buy the one with the green bag, I would love to buy it! I have no use for the brushes
winkiss.gif
Let me know! You'd be doing me a huge favor!
cutey.gif

Karen_B

Dear Santa,
For christmas I want everything from the TT collection. I've been really good this year and worked hard on my nursing studies and in low paying jobs taking care of the sick and the elderly. An appropriate reward would be to be gifted with lots and lots of glamorous makeup, as I cannot afford it myself (see above re: studies and low paying jobs). Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.
Your friend,
Karen_B

caramel_geek

5 more pages to catch up..... and i'm already jumping around with joy
th_DANCE.gif

Don't know if this has been posted yet...
MAC 2010?????? @ Yuki's Lazy Channel :: ??? PIXNET :: (Yuki's Lazy Channel)
This site has more photos of the mineralized e/s + paint pot sets
graucho.gif

EDIT: Opps...just saw someone posting the same site 2 pages back...
blush-anim-cl.gif

I'm so sad and happy at the same time. What is a girl to do???
Happy -- this collection is super pretty!!!
Sad? -- I'm going to be so broke...sigh...

Here's what I'm wanting as of now:

Both lipglass sets (I like those tins) for sure!
Pink lipstick + dazzleglass set (maybe)
Grey e/s palette (maybe)

And from the color collection:

Both (drool-worthy) pigments
Pink blush (maybe)
Peach blush (hell ya!)

I'm really interested to know what are the colors in both of those quads. I'm loving both quads!
If they are made from existing colors, I'm going to go custom make them myself
greengrin.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrple
ETA: anyone knows the approximate prices pleeeeeaaase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrple
can anyone help with the prices? I found that pigment sets were $32.50 last year, so it's probably a bit higher now.

how much approx. are those face palettes and the 2 sets with mascaras?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentstorm143
What are the ball park prices for everything? How much per pigment set, lipglass set, eye bag and mineral sets?

these were last years prices:

lips: $22.50-$36
eyes: $36
face: $38
brushes: $49.50
mineralize: $59.50
lip/lustre: $29.50
pigment/glitter: $32.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
do we get pro discounts on xmas collections?

just the colour collection. not the kits.

dreamer246

Not much tempted by the photos. I guess it's time to breathe a sigh of relief now that VV might be eating up most of my wallet?
winks.gif

cody

I really love the look of the pencil case style containers with the mineralize eye shadow, paint pot, mascara and lipglass combo... but I think I have most of those paint pots already and that makes it harder to justify buying them.
ssad.gif

This collection is definitely going to be my biggest MAC haul of the year. I always buy myself a few different palettes and my mom gets me stuff for my birthday/Christmas. It's our MAC tradition going back six or seven years!

ultimate_makeup

ok i think im gonna do both pigment sets, both lipglasses/lustres sets, at this moment is am pretty tempted by the 6 shadow palettes but need to see swatches before committing to those.. hmmm prolly also the pigment/fluidline sets... poor wallet
ssad.gif

I really like the little bag the brush sets come in! but I do not care at all for the travel brushes, they suck so much compared to full size ones! grrrr
th_dunno.gif

hawaii02

This collection doesn't say Christmas/holiday but back to school
lol.gif
I may do a palette again this year (depends on swatches though
smiles.gif
)