Susanne

Ok, I have on my list:

two eye palettes (cool and warm smokey)
one lip bag (pink)
both lipglass mini sets
one pigment mini set (purple)

both new pigments
pink blush
one lipglass and one lipstick (which we still don't know)
maybe one nailpolish (if we get some)
one eyeshadow quad (I hope there will be one)

I will pass the brushes (I really have enough) and get the lip bag instead.

Christmas.gif

laylalovesmac

I'm just really on the fence about the brush set.... I'm not gonna use the brushes- I just want the bag!
greengrin.gif
If anyone has one of the green ones that they don't like, let me know. I will buy it off you
winkiss.gif

That way, I can get more kits and lippies! I am addicted to lipstick, ATM.
cutey.gif

cody

I feel like MAC would make a killing if they ever decided to sell some of the holiday bags separately... they're always my favorite bags/cases of the year but usually I don't want or already have most of the accompanying products.

Purrple

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
these were last years prices:

lips: $22.50-$36
eyes: $36
face: $38
brushes: $49.50
mineralize: $59.50
lip/lustre: $29.50
pigment/glitter: $32.50

just the colour collection. not the kits.

I love you!

I'm gonna be so broke :|

Karen_B

I adore the packaging, and like I said earlier could easily purchase almost every single thing from this collection. The sets with the mineralize shadow, PP etc don't really tempt me but only because I own most of the items already.
Both pigment sets, at least one palette (the cool smokey one) and the pink lip bag are things that I know I want and need to save up for. But both lipglass sets and the Metallic eyes and Warm smokey look so hard to resist...so that's 8 items and that's just from the kit part of the collection!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Good question. Many of us are really perplexed as to why detals on this collection are so late this year. Normally we have pretty complete info by this time.

mac like to treat us mean and keep us keen!
tong.gif
hee hee!

both lip gloss sets shall be coming home with me! they look so pretty!
smiles.gif

ultimate_makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
mac like to treat us mean and keep us keen!
tong.gif
hee hee!

both lip gloss sets shall be coming home with me! they look so pretty!
smiles.gif

im thinkin they are trying to delay everything as much as possible and probably making changes because of the Rodarte issue. I am guessing thats why they also delayed gaga & cyndi lipglasses (they needed some kind of filler after losing a collection)
th_dunno.gif

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
All this discussion is making me kind of happy I didn't buy the Sorceress palette last year. This one definitely looks up my alley and I love the packaging.

I was happy too when I saw everyone saying that. I passed on it last year and kicked myself in the butt. So its def on my list
th_DANCE.gif

cutemiauw

I definitely want the brush set with 252 and 219. I've been holding out for buying brushes for a while... so it's the perfect time
yes.gif

Other items I love:
- The coral lipgloss set, I hesitated only because I rarely used the set I bought last year... always thinking that "Oh, it's so tiny, I don't want to run out of the gloss"
- The set with paintpot, probably the tan one... but not sure I like the MES, so let's see

Most likely going to pass on the eye palettes... I like the packaging, but I try to be frugal here
lmao.gif

Visi

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana1234
i also think the packaging is
throwup.gif

i'm saying it now, i will buy the brush sets, but whoever wants the bags, can have them just pay me postage or they will go in the bin!

i wore a kilt for 6 years at school!

i dont mind tartan but i just am not feeling this packaging, it reminds me of school! especially the way they have the mac badges on them.

i am doubly looking forward to the pigments and lippies blushes etc now, i can ignore the eye palettes etc, my wallet is happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
If you buy the one with the green bag, I would love to buy it! I have no use for the brushes
winkiss.gif
Let me know! You'd be doing me a huge favor!
cutey.gif

And if you buy the one with the orange Tartan, can I please please please buy it off you? That would be amazing! I love the packaging
bigheart.gif

My list:

- one of the face kits, probably the peachy one
- the warm smokey eye palette
- Family Crest pigment
- Fairy Glen lipstick

Can't wait for swatches!
th_DANCE.gif

Camnagem

I showed the pictures to the hubby and he's decided he needs to steal one of the containers from me to use as a pen cup in his office...fat chance!
lol.gif

He's Scottish, Mac is part of our last name and it's all just too perfect. I think I'll get an extra lipglass set, give him the container and give my Sister in law (who hates Tartan...go figure, lol) the mini lipglasses in her Christmas stocking.

Aww...it's just barely September and I can't wait for Christmas!
santa.gif

Purrple

my list

face kit, probably the pink one,
1 or 2 pigment sets, depending on the pigments
mineralize eye kit, probably the purple one, though I want the one with the liner and the pink one too

since I don't expect much income in my near future, I'll probably have to cut down ;_; I miss my old income

laylalovesmac

What does everyone think of the Lightful line? I am a MAC newbie, so before the pics, I hadn't heard of it
nope.gif
Good skin care products, or no?

TeresitaMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I showed the pictures to the hubby and he's decided he needs to steal one of the containers from me to use as a pen cup in his office...fat chance!
lol.gif

He's Scottish, Mac is part of our last name and it's all just too perfect. I think I'll get an extra lipglass set, give him the container and give my Sister in law (who hates Tartan...go figure, lol) the mini lipglasses in her Christmas stocking.

santa.gif

How perfect!
heart.gif
That is too cute. What a great plan!
th_wink3.gif

Pinkdollface

The packaging is so much better than i expected! I love it!
I don't know what i will buy yet. When we have swatches i will have a better idea of what i want
smiles.gif
But i know i will like a lot of this collection
greengrin.gif

caramel_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
lol.gif

santa.gif

I was thinking the same thing as your husband
yes.gif
I'm going to use the container for my lipliners and eyeliners

And it's so sweet of you to get an extra set so that he can have one of the containers
winks.gif
perhaps you should keep the extra lipglass as well
graucho.gif

cutemiauw

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
What does everyone think of the Lightful line? I am a MAC newbie, so before the pics, I hadn't heard of it
nope.gif
Good skin care products, or no?

As far as I know, the Lightful line is only available in Asian market. Looks like it's quite good from what I read...

PlatinumV

I haven't read 55 pages of posts :-D so maybe this question has already been asked... what about pigments set? I LOVE PIGMENTS and those would be mine ;-P I would like to know the pigments in those sets. Has MAC already said that?

cody

Holiday 2010 vs. Holiday 2009 Eye Palettes

I'm not sure if this interests anyone else... but I made some comparison pictures between last year's eye palettes and this year's just because I wanted a better sense of how similar they really are seeing as I have two of last year's. Obviously the image quality is a bit different but it still gives a better sense of what's new and different vs. what's the same. Looks like the cool smokey eyes this year is actually a bit darker and more saturated than the sorceress palette.
10xzzm1.jpg
2lix3lv.jpg
2lc1m6r.jpg
2ahip6x.jpg