MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

AndSparkle

I'm trying to hold off on decisions on what products I want until I see swatches... I've not had much luck with holiday stuff in the past tbh..

laylalovesmac

Re: Holiday 2010 vs. Holiday 2009 Eye Palettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
As far as I know, the Lightful line is only available in Asian market. Looks like it's quite good from what I read...

That would make sense.... Thanks!
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
I haven't read 55 pages of posts :-D so maybe this question has already been asked... what about pigments set? I LOVE PIGMENTS and those would be mine ;-P I would like to know the pigments in those sets. Has MAC already said that?

No- they haven't said which pigments are in the sets yet.
nope.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody
I'm not sure if this interests anyone else... but I made some comparison pictures between last year's eye palettes and this year's just because I wanted a better sense of how similar they really are seeing as I have two of last year's. Obviously the image quality is a bit different but it still gives a better sense of what's new and different vs. what's the same. Looks like the cool smokey eyes this year is actually a bit darker and more saturated than the sorceress palette.

Thanks! From this, I think I actually like the two smokey eyes palettes better this year
thmbup.gif
Hell yes! I'm getting excited now!!!
th_DANCE.gif

cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Thanks! From this, I think I actually like the two smokey eyes palettes better this year
thmbup.gif
Hell yes! I'm getting excited now!!!
th_DANCE.gif

I like them better too! I actually did a look using the sorceress palette from last year this morning but you really have to work and work to build up the color. All of the shades are pretty sheer. I'm hoping the one this year is a bit richer and more pigmented for some true smokey looks.

Susanne

Quote:
I'm not sure if this interests anyone else... but I made some comparison pictures between last year's eye palettes and this year's just because I wanted a better sense of how similar they really are seeing as I have two of last year's. Obviously the image quality is a bit different but it still gives a better sense of what's new and different vs. what's the same. Looks like the cool smokey eyes this year is actually a bit darker and more saturated than the sorceress palette.
10xzzm1.jpg
2lix3lv.jpg
2lc1m6r.jpg
2ahip6x.jpg

Can I post them in the official color story thread?

Lots of members would be interested I guess.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
I haven't read 55 pages of posts :-D so maybe this question has already been asked... what about pigments set? I LOVE PIGMENTS and those would be mine ;-P I would like to know the pigments in those sets. Has MAC already said that?

we don't know which pigments are in the sets just yet i'm afraid!
ssad.gif

cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Can I post them in the official color story thread?

Lots of members would be interested I guess.

Absolutely, feel free!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
I like them better too! I actually did a look using the sorceress palette from last year this morning but you really have to work and work to build up the color. All of the shades are pretty sheer. I'm hoping the one this year is a bit richer and more pigmented for some true smokey looks.

That would be awesome!
thmbup.gif
Let's definitely hope for that
cutey.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I must be sick... I really love the packaging, but the insides don't look all that special.
th_dunno.gif

don't worry Audrey! think about the money you'll save if you skip these sets too!
smiles.gif

SakurasamaLover

I'm super exited by those packaging/bags and what they created with the theme. I didn't like the packaging of the past 2 years so it's a relief and a really good surprise.

Can't wait to see more pics and information!
th_DANCE.gif

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
honey, Cut A Caper is in the colour collection part
smiles.gif

and yes. PARTAAAAYYYY!!!
th_thstars.gif

Oh...oopsy...Do the lip bags just have perm stuff in them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
maybe this really is it. to be honest sometimes i feel there is too much choice with everything each year! maybe they narrowed it down?

Oh, I wish, I wish they would just narrow down their collections to just the "best" items instead of throwing a ton of stuff at us and seeing what sticks.
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
yeah there usually is so much that it's overwhelming. i guess if this is the full collection, our wallets are a little safer? that said, there's more than enough there to keep me happy

Yes, it just gets overwhelming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
i've missed specktra after being MIA for a week but there's an upside: so much new info when you come back!
i love the packaging! i hope i'll like some of the sets because i really want one of these bags. but there's usually something in these sets (be it pigments, brushes or whatever) that i don't want/need and i hate to pay so much money if i don't get any use out of some of the items.
but we'll see.. the cool pigment set looks like a winner with all it's purples!

iagree.gif
iagree.gif

Camnagem

Quote:

10xzzm1.jpg

Thank you for doing this and sharing it with us!
friends.gif

I passed on all of the palettes last year, but always had a little lingering regret that I missed Sorceress. Now seeing this picture...I'm so glad I did! The deeper tones from the palette this year are so much more "me".

I'm in trouble as I really like 3 of the palettes this year so far. Hopefully when we find out color names there won't be any duds from the past appearing!

ETA: I keep staring lovingly at the packaging pictures!
th_crazy.gif

MzzRach

Thanks cody, for comparing last year's palettes with this year's.

At a glance, I prefer last year's, actually. Once more photos and swatches are available, I may reconsider, but for now, I can definitely skip the eye palettes.

cody

I'm glad people found the comparisons useful!
thmbup.gif

I've noticed personally that I tend to find that the first round of pictures look pretty flat and dull, and then when we get the second round of better, clearer promo pictures the colors start to look a little more exciting, and by the time we get real firsthand pictures of the items from members I suddenly want it all and the colors just jump out of the screen at me! So even if the palettes aren't grabbing you right now, in a couple weeks you might be rethinking that.

kayley123

Quote:
I'm glad people found the comparisons useful!
thmbup.gif

I've noticed personally that I tend to find that the first round of pictures look pretty flat and dull, and then when we get the second round of better, clearer promo pictures the colors start to look a little more exciting, and by the time we get real firsthand pictures of the items from members I suddenly want it all and the colors just jump out of the screen at me! So even if the palettes aren't grabbing you right now, in a couple weeks you might be rethinking that.

Good Point! And thanks for doing those comparisons, that is really VERY helpful!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutemiauw
As far as I know, the Lightful line is only available in Asian market. Looks like it's quite good from what I read...

the entire lightful line (minus a product or 2) are sold in stores and online in the US.

Quote:
10xzzm1.jpg

aww fuck! i was so not feeling this one as i have the scorceress one already. damnit!
angry.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
I'm starting to ponder whether I should skip VV for this...

never, ever, ever think that! shake it off! SHAKE IT OFF!!!

Rinstar

I kind of want that first e/s palette. I didn't get any of the e/s palettes last year, I just got the Fab-ara-cadabra (or whatever it was called) face palette. So I think I should get an e/s palette this year!

AudreyNicole

10xzzm1.jpg

Wow, I didn't read carefully enough... I didn't realize that those pics were a comparison of the smokey palette from last year and this year... I just thought that it was the same palette with the shades in a different order. Oh well, at least MAC likes to recycle.
th_dunno.gif
lol.gif

dearcupcake

Look what I found!!
(Sorry if it's already been posted, this thread has been hard to keep up with!)
The Gloss Menagerie

At the moment I'm thinking
- the purple/pink pigment set
- pink lipglass set
-warm palette
-pink set (I think I see pink split MES? And is that FRESCO ROSE???)

Oh dear and we haven't even got the colour story stuff yet!!