MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Rinstar

OMG I get more and more excited for this all the time! I am loving the plum set in the tin now too!!!

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
Thanks cody, for comparing last year's palettes with this year's.

At a glance, I prefer last year's, actually. Once more photos and swatches are available, I may reconsider, but for now, I can definitely skip the eye palettes.

Yes, the comparison is really helpful!

But I prefer this year's palettes!
yes.gif
They look more intense to me, at least on these first pics.

Visi

Thanks for the comparison
thmbup.gif

I'm glad I got last year's warm smokey eyes palette, on pictures at least I like it a lot better than this year's. The only shadow I wanted from the Sorceress palette was Hypnotizing and luckily they repromoted that
smiles.gif

So I think I will skip the eye palettes this year.

kayley123

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
never, ever, ever think that! shake it off! SHAKE IT OFF!!!

th_LMAO.gif
lolz.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearcupcake
Look what I found!!
(Sorry if it's already been posted, this thread has been hard to keep up with!)
The Gloss Menagerie

At the moment I'm thinking
- the purple/pink pigment set
- pink lipglass set
-warm palette
-pink set (I think I see pink split MES? And is that FRESCO ROSE???)

Oh dear and we haven't even got the colour story stuff yet!!

Is it? Maybe it's my screen (or my eyes...) but it looks sorta Nice Vice-ish to me! But Fresco Rose would make a lot more sense for a pink set...it would make sense for the Plum set but the plum set clearly has a beige paint pot in it...

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

yes.gif

iagree.gif
I skipped after swatching last year's.... These definitely seem more intense to me
thmbup.gif

PlatinumV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
we don't know which pigments are in the sets just yet i'm afraid!
ssad.gif

why are you afraid? I just hope I would not find out that in the 5-set, I already have 2 or 3. In that case... should I bought it because maybe you would never find the other colours that I miss in another set again, or should I skip it to save money? It is not so easy
th_dunno.gif
Plus there is another pigment in one of the bags...
To me the packagin is DREADFUL! I hate tartan since I was 3
ssad.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
why are you afraid? I just hope I would not find out that in the 5-set, I already have 2 or 3. In that case... should I bought it because maybe you would never find the other colours that I miss in another set again, or should I skip it to save money? It is not so easy
th_dunno.gif
Plus there is another pigment in one of the bags...
To me the packagin is DREADFUL! I hate tartan since I was 3
ssad.gif

i'm not afraid afraid if you get me! it's just a term we use in the uk.... i thought it would be a worldwide phrase but perhaps not! it just kind of means sorry in a way.... like - 'i don't have that tv in stock at the moment i'm afraid'....

Sophia84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

yes.gif

I couldn't agree more! This year's palettes look way better, especially the warm one, I prefer it than last year's, but I have to wait first and see swatches and real life pics.

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
iagree.gif
I skipped after swatching last year's.... These definitely seem more intense to me
thmbup.gif

I also skipped last year's and i can't wait to see swatches of this year's
greengrin.gif

PlatinumV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm not afraid afraid if you get me! it's just a term we use in the uk.... i thought it would be a worldwide phrase but perhaps not! it just kind of means sorry in a way.... like - 'i don't have that tv in stock at the moment i'm afraid'....

ah, ok, I've understood. Yes, it is used also here, but the Italian sentence construction is different, so when I read it, it sounds strange.
Thank you!
smiles.gif

Boasorte

Hi everyone
I'm tardy to the party, but OMFG, I need those prints in my life. I am such a sucker for plaid.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
ah, ok, I've understood. Yes, it is used also here, but the Italian sentence construction is different, so when I read it, it sounds strange.
Thank you!
smiles.gif

hee hee! yes i can imagine! sorry for any confusion! my husband always tells me that perhaps i shouldnt type things how i would actually speak
th_dunno.gif
perhaps he is right!

kkischer04

I have yet to buy something from MAC's Holiday collections. But I'm just not sure what to yet from this one, I was thinking some brushes, but I don't know if I really like this yrs set as much...

Purrple

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayley123
th_LMAO.gif
lolz.gif

Is it? Maybe it's my screen (or my eyes...) but it looks sorta Nice Vice-ish to me! But Fresco Rose would make a lot more sense for a pink set...it would make sense for the Plum set but the plum set clearly has a beige paint pot in it...

From my experience there's no point in guessing from promo pics. it could be any pink/neutral/purple/coral/brown paint pot. or it might not be pink/neutral/purple/coral/brown at all.
th_LMAO.gif

NappyMACDiva3

Have to get 3rd job just to make sure I will be able to get everything. This whole collection is gorgeous. One of the best holiday packaging MAC has done(IMO).

Door

At first I wasn't interested. Then I saw the pictures of the sets and wanted at least half of them even if I didn't like the packaging. Now I'm slowly drifting back to not interested - mainly because of the plaid packaging.

Right now I'm interested in one or two pigment set(s) (I hope that one brown one isn't chocolate brown, because I already have it and hardly ever use it) and the set with fluidline, brush, teal(?) pigment and mini mascara. I'm going to need another black fluidline at some point (read: next summer) and I don't mind getting the new liner brush and the pigment as well.

I'm curious to see to which way my mind changes after I see some swatches and the product names.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
I couldn't agree more! This year's palettes look way better, especially the warm one, I prefer it than last year's, but I have to wait first and see swatches and real life pics.

The warm one is
heat.gif
I'm still on the fence, tho. I don't really use neutrals
th_dunno.gif
If I flip it around tho, this may be the perfect way to have a good set of neutrals, just in case.
graucho.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
I also skipped last year's and i can't wait to see swatches of this year's
greengrin.gif

th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif
th_DANCE.gif