MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

Teggy

th_yawn.gif
Boring....looks like a pass for me.

spunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by romi79_2008
I need the color story ASAP.I cannot make up my mind till I know the product names and finishes

i'm the same, but i think i've made up my mind anyway. i just want to see what the names/finishes are
smiles.gif

MatryoshkaDoll

Wow, I think I will bypass VV altogether and save up for this collection! I just saw temptalia's in-depth post on it today and it got my lemming motor going. I didn't buy anything from last year's holiday, so I don't think I need to worry about dupes. I'm a total plaid junkie, I think it is the perfect packaging for a fall/winter collection. It actually kind of reminds me of Alexander McQueen, and that gorgeous dress he did for Sarah Jessica Parker for the Met gala that one time. And I know I'll find uses for the tins afterwards!
th_DANCE.gif

My list so far is:
*Tan set
*Plaid palette
*Maybe the warm eyes pigments.

Anyway, after hauling hardcore for FF, it probably won't be until winter that I'll be able to afford any new collections!

Purrple

I'll pass VV for this (save for 1 lip gloss).

For once, it's not the packaging that draws me in (don't mind the packaging, it's cute). so far it seems like I'd use every single product in some of those sets and that rarely ever happens.
shockt.gif
such great value for no compromises.
shockt.gif

PinkBasset

I skipped the e/s palettes last year and will be skipping them again.

I've never bought a lipglass set, but if there is a good one this year I will consider it.
smiles.gif

TeresitaMC

I still use the smoke & mirrors palette from last year...like every day!...I pretty much strayed away from whatever my daily look was (I know it included Mulch
tong.gif
). Pretty funny.

I always wished I could've gotten the Sorceress palette as well. It makes me happy to see another purple palette coming that looks just as nice!
smiles.gif
I'm loving that it has even deeper tones
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
yeah, what's this Courting Lilac about?

It was one of the lipstick names in the name info we got from iheartmakeup awhile ago.
cutey.gif
I believe peachsuns reposted it a few pages back. I can find it, if you like.
greengrin.gif

laylalovesmac

And by a few I of course mean 30
tong.gif
Here it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
A Tartan Tale-
Dazzleglass Cream- Radiant Jewels, Soft Dazzle, Gone Romancin', Passing Fancy, Lightly Prancing
Lipstick- Cut a Caper, Deepest Wish, The Faerie Glen, Courting Lilac, Full Fuschia
Pigment- Later, The Family Crest, Moonlight Night
Powder Blush- Her Blooming Cheek, My Highland Honey

HOTasFCUK

Those comparison pics of the eyeshadow palettes are making me want to hunt down some of last years palettes instead of getting the new ones.

So are those cases made of tin? Love that idea!!! That was my first impression looking at them but i forgot to post about it yesterday.

And color story...........where are you, baby???

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for re-posting the list, Layla! I think until we get a proper colour story, we're just going to have to keep going back to that list and see what we do and don't have swatches of. From what I've seen so far...

The Family Crest
Moonlit Night
The Faerie Glen (because I needs me another neutral)
Cut a Caper (assuming I don't have a dupe)
My Highland Honey

... which is a short list until you consider that's virtually everything we've seen swatches of. Honestly, if someone could convince me that Her Blooming Cheek was different enough from Azalea and Dollymix, I'd probably throw that one on there as well.

And of course, there are the sets:

Cool eyes palette
Purple pigment set

Not a good start for my wallet. Good start for the Mac addict in me.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Thanks for re-posting the list, Layla!

The Family Crest
Moonlit Night
The Faerie Glen (because I needs me another neutral)
Cut a Caper (assuming I don't have a dupe)
My Highland Honey

And of course, there are the sets:

Cool eyes palette
Purple pigment set

No problem!
heart.gif

And holy shit. Our lists from both parts are the exact same, minus The Family Crest
shockt.gif

sleepyhead

for those disappointed at the colors in the eyeshadow palettes, i accidentally saw this picture on a blog (taken at a press event in Taiwan), the colors in the 2 eyeshadow palettes look nothing like they did in the promo pics.

it's a picture of a picture, so there might be some color accuracy lost in the process, but at least it's a picture of a picture of the actual product, not photoshop generated like the promo pics. we all know how good mac is with their photoshop skills (mutiny pigment looks neon green on mac.ca), so there might be some hope after all!

here's the picture
23075200.jpg

from this blog
¬ü°Ó©É¨Î2010¦~©P¦~¼y°Ó«~·m¥ý¬Ý~¥O¤H¦y¥sªºMAC´c¤k¨t ¦C¶W¿N¤H - kate&§Æ§Æ¨â¤H²¢»e¥@¬É - ´cÅ]k.c - FG³¡¸¨®æTOP 100

cody

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
for those disappointed at the colors in the eyeshadow palettes, i accidentally saw this picture on a blog (taken at a press event in Taiwan), the colors in the 2 eyeshadow palettes look nothing like they did in the promo pics.

it's a picture of a picture, so there might be some color accuracy lost in the process, but at least it's a picture of a picture of the actual product, not photoshop generated like the promo pics. we all know how good mac is with their photoshop skills (mutiny pigment looks neon green on mac.ca), so there might be some hope after all!

Thanks!! I was trying to make that point earlier... MAC's promo pictures rarely look anything like the actual product. They just give us a vague, general idea of what kind of shades we'll be seeing, but they're never that accurate. I'm getting more and more excited for this collection with every new bit of info/image we get.

The packaging also looks SO COOL in this picture!
th_DANCE.gif