MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

PlatinumV

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hee hee! yes i can imagine! sorry for any confusion! my husband always tells me that perhaps i shouldnt type things how i would actually speak
th_dunno.gif
perhaps he is right!

Are you mocking me? You have been extremely kind, instead, in explaining. I am the one with the different language, so it is obvious I don't understand everything. It is not your fault at all
winks.gif

By the way, does anyone know why the colour story is not out yet? I absolutely have to write down my list (pigments
th_DANCE.gif
)!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
By the way, does anyone know why the colour story is not out yet? I absolutely have to write down my list (pigments
th_DANCE.gif
)!

nope.gif
Why is it so late this year?

I really wanna write my list, too. Also, I need to budget for VV- if I end up not liking much from this, I'd rather get a few of Cruella's items that are on my maybe list.
yes.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Those comparison pics of the eyeshadow palettes are making me want to hunt down some of last years palettes instead of getting the new ones.

So are those cases made of tin? Love that idea!!!
That was my first impression looking at them but i forgot to post about it yesterday.

And color story...........where are you, baby???

yes i love that! just like tins of shortbread biscuits
smiles.gif

and thanks for the link sleepyhead. i guess i wont make up my mind on the palettes until i see swatches!

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

never, ever, ever think that! shake it off! SHAKE IT OFF!!!

LOL - okay! If you tell me the must-haves, dear Erine!
smiles.gif
(I already have the ORly n/p dupes and dupes of the MES). (I#M easily won over if MAC is concerned...)

PlatinumV

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
nope.gif
Why is it so late this year?

I really wanna write my list, too. Also, I need to budget for VV- if I end up not liking much from this, I'd rather get a few of Cruella's items that are on my maybe list.
yes.gif

same here. I've pre-ordered the pigments and 2 e/s, but I was thinking about the beauty powder and the polishes... However, I just would like to know how many cosmetics I am going to buy in the next months: I for sure would skip beauty powder and polishes if I can buy one or two pigment sets after 2 months!

sss215

I am not feeling anything AT ALL right now. I totally have to wait and see it all. Not even excited about it.

PlatinumV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkita
ohh.. i don´t like the packaging..

Me too. I hate tartan. Plus I supposed the tartan colours should recall the colours of the cosmetics inside but I don't see any correspondence...
th_dunno.gif

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsHaight
I am SQUEELING at how cute that packaging is, however....Ill probably wait until most of this stuff hits my CCO

It is super cute but I am always broke as a joke after what I affectionately refer to as "the holiday psychosis" so this is a good idea--waiting until the CCO gets them (they always have tons) except for the smokey/grays palette--think that will sell out but there are always the re-gifters who don't love and wanna sell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Door
At first I wasn't interested. Then I saw the pictures of the sets and wanted at least half of them even if I didn't like the packaging. Now I'm slowly drifting back to not interested - mainly because of the plaid packaging.

Right now I'm interested in one or two pigment set(s) (I hope that one brown one isn't chocolate brown, because I already have it and hardly ever use it) and the set with fluidline, brush, teal(?) pigment and mini mascara. I'm going to need another black fluidline at some point (read: next summer) and I don't mind getting the new liner brush and the pigment as well.

I'm curious to see to which way my mind changes after I see some swatches and the product names.

Yes, we need some swatches. Packaging may pique my interest, but I have to be able to love the product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbh02b
I am dying to know what the Courting Lilac lipstick looks like!!!!!!1

Yes, yes! This is a bit of a tease, they know we are lusting after the Lav Whip and how quickly the last purple lippy flew off those shelves!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
ok, where is that gorgeous lipstick we saw pics of here....pink set? cause, I HAVE to have it

I thought that this was one of the regular colour story pieces- Cut a Caper. Looking forward to swatches of that!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I thought that this was one of the regular colour story pieces- Cut a Caper. Looking forward to swatches of that!

ok, so thats where its going to be. Thanks & I couldn't remember the name
tong.gif

LittleMaryJane

I really like most of the names of things. Is the list that was posted for sure names or WNs?

So far for sure I want the plaid pallet and Family Crest.

markeesi

I just realised there aren't any lip palettes.. not that I've ever cared for them
greengrin.gif
I'm happy there isn't an overload of stuff here like previous years.

MzzRach

They normally do Viva Glam lip palettes - which are great because they are for a fantastic cause, but I never use lip palettes, so I never get them.

Not sure how well they sell, maybe they decided to skip them this year?

mac_aiken

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeesi
I just realised there aren't any lip palettes.. not that I've ever cared for them
greengrin.gif
I'm happy there isn't an overload of stuff here like previous years.

You're right. No VG palettes this year (unless they are coming out separately). I haven't cared for them much in the past, but I do wish they would do another one that has all of the shades in one compact. The one I have (from years ago) is about gone.

Susanne

My counter had the Viva Glam palettes from the holiday collection for many months!
I don't buy them - I don't like lip products in palette form.

markeesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
They normally do Viva Glam lip palettes - which are great because they are for a fantastic cause, but I never use lip palettes, so I never get them.

Not sure how well they sell, maybe they decided to skip them this year?

yes.gif
I don't think they sell all that well. If they did a VG lip bag instead of a palette, I'd definitely consider.

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
My counter had the Viva Glam palettes from the holiday collection for many months!
I don't buy them - I don't like lip products in palette form.

My counter STILL has the lip palettes from the Holiday collection
shockt.gif

LMD84

yeah i'm not a fan of lip products in palette form. way too fussy for my liking! i hate using a lip brush and much prefer to just use a tube
smiles.gif