MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
They normally do Viva Glam lip palettes - which are great because they are for a fantastic cause, but I never use lip palettes, so I never get them.

Not sure how well they sell, maybe they decided to skip them this year?

I think they are usually part of a separate collection. I'm not crazy of lipticks in a palette form so i always skip them. Now can you imagine if they did the VG Cyndi and Gaga sets? The bag and their lipsticks with the matching glosses all together
drools.gif

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
My counter had the Viva Glam palettes from the holiday collection for many months!
I don't buy them - I don't like lip products in palette form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yeah i'm not a fan of lip products in palette form. way too fussy for my liking! i hate using a lip brush and much prefer to just use a tube
smiles.gif

I also don't like lip product in palette form. Touching up is a lot harder, because you need to take a lip brush with you.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
I also don't like lip product in palette form. Touching up is a lot harder, because you need to take a lip brush with you.

yes.gif
and the crappy stubby brush the include with the palettes always sucks! my sausage fingers can't handle it!
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

*jumps on the hating-lip-palettes bandwagon*

Whoever said they should do a Viva Glam lip bag, you are 100% correct. I would definitely get one.
yes.gif

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
LOL - okay! If you tell me the must-haves, dear Erine!
smiles.gif
(I already have the ORly n/p dupes and dupes of the MES). (I#M easily won over if MAC is concerned...)

What are the dupes? I'm guessing the MES from Style Black?

Pinkdollface

Quote:
yes.gif
and the crappy stubby brush the include with the palettes always sucks! my sausage fingers can't handle it!
tong.gif

I didn't know the brush in the palettes were that bad. Another reason not to buy them
tong.gif

*JJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelena
can we use out pro discount on holiday sets?

no, apparently only for the color collection.

genduk26

using lip brush is good for sanitizing... just saying.

back to topic... i'm not impressed with this holiday collection. yay!! more money for chanel.

dearcupcake

come onnnnnnnn colour story!

I think I've changed my mind- not sure about the PP/mascara/lipgloss set anymore.

Cut A Caper on the other hand
th_drool.gif

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
back to topic... i'm not impressed with this holiday collection. yay!! more money for chanel.

I agree. I just saw the pics of the palettes and was rather bummed about the colours. I didn't like any of the combinations.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv578
I agree. I just saw the pics of the palettes and was rather bummed about the colours. I didn't like any of the combinations.

now my initial excitement has dies down i don't feel like i need any of the palettes. i do like the one with the blue and green but i most likely have dupes for them. i shall see how pigmented the colours are when swatched. because if the payoff sucks there really would be no point in getting one!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
now my initial excitement has dies down i don't feel like i need any of the palettes. i do like the one with the blue and green but i most likely have dupes for them. i shall see how pigmented the colours are when swatched. because if the payoff sucks there really would be no point in getting one!

Funny, I'm going through the same thing. But, I'll probably get one just for the packaging. If the pigmentation is good, of course.
yes.gif

Camnagem

I'm still in lust with 2 of the palettes. Kinda odd for me, I really don't like palettes (love quads though, gimmie moar!) but the warm and cool smokey palettes here look great.

Things will probably change for me when we see what they actually look/swatch like, it always does. Aww, MAC!
wacko.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
I'm still in lust with 2 of the palettes. Kinda odd for me, I really don't like palettes (love quads though, gimmie moar!) but the warm and cool smokey palettes here look great.

Things will probably change for me when we see what they actually look/swatch like, it always does. Aww, MAC!
wacko.gif

Those are the 2 that look good to me at the moment, too, but if they swatch anything like last year's, they will be a skip.
ssad.gif

Soul Unique

I'm another one who is fairly interested in the smokey and warm palette.

My cooing
graucho.gif
list other than the 2 items above are:

*Pigment - The Family Crest
*Blushes - Her Blooming Cheek and My Highland Honey
*[Maybe] Both Lipglass sets - definitely have my eye on the coral set fa'sure!
*The Neutral Lipstick set
*A brush set [would like both, just for the bags alone but that's plain silly isn't it?]

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem

wacko.gif

Same here. In fact, this would be my first palette purchase, if I get one. I find that the limited information available is just causing me to shrug and lose interest.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Funny, I'm going through the same thing. But, I'll probably get one just for the packaging. If the pigmentation is good, of course.
yes.gif

yeah i do really like the packaging!
smiles.gif