MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

singer82

I agree with everyone about being on the fence about the palettes. The cool and plaid ones look good. But def wont decide until we see swatches.

I have never owned a palette from MAC yet. Well the already selected ones.
I have the 15 empty palette. Only have 3 shadows in it right now.

I just bought the UD rock palette and plan on getting the BOS so these holiday palettes have to be pretty special!

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
What are the dupes? I'm guessing the MES from Style Black?

I strangely missed out on the Style Black ones, but during my vacation I encountered the Italian brand KIKO that has MES in blue/green/purple-black. They are around 6€ and are quite good to work with - they look really intense when applied wet, so I'm skipping the VV ones.
smiles.gif

ILoveMakeup84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneri
I strangely missed out on the Style Black ones, but during my vacation I encountered the Italian brand KIKO that has MES in blue/green/purple-black. They are around 6€ and are quite good to work with - they look really intense when applied wet, so I'm skipping the VV ones.
smiles.gif

I've heard of Kiko before! There nail polishes are awesome!

Anneri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMakeup84
I've heard of Kiko before! There nail polishes are awesome!

I haven't tried them yet, but I swear they also have a dupe of Stereo Rose! (Which I bought
winks.gif
)
It's really a fun brand.
smiles.gif

Shoegal-fr

I'm unsure as of how to understand your remark. But if it was plain sincere humour, then i say it's a good one
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromatrix
Maybe some Scottish people got offended by it and they are going to cancel it?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
I'm unsure as of how to understand your remark. But if it was plain sincere humour, then i say it's a good one
winks.gif

i'm guessing the poster was refering to Rodarte?

charlieee

Is My Highland Honey the same/ similar to Utterly Game? I'm still thinking about purchasing Utterly Game, but if it's the same I'll probably wait and get My Highland Honey later since I'm saving up some money now (although I really like MAC mineralized blush range). and which one do you ladies think is prettier? TIA
flower.gif

Shoegal-fr

Yeah, totally. I understood that. I was unsure about the thoughts behind that reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm guessing the poster was refering to Rodarte?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieee
Is My Highland Honey the same/ similar to Utterly Game? I'm still thinking about purchasing Utterly Game, but if it's the same I'll probably wait and get My Highland Honey later since I'm saving up some money now (although I really like MAC mineralized blush range). and which one do you ladies think is prettier? TIA
flower.gif

it's hard to say until we get some more swatches really... i think i shall be getting highland honey but still need more swatches to decide!

LittleMaryJane

Quote:

greengrin.gif
Let's hope not--I want my tartan bag!!

Sass

I am getting both of the brush kits because the ferral ferols ferrills fearly - whatever - are gold and I think it's cute. The little bags are cute too. After this collection I'm going on a MAC breaks seeerrsly. I have to start saving up for that yacht hubby and I want. Ha!

spunky

Quote:

th_LMAO.gif

the only thing that i can see being offensive is google translate saying everything is "english" or "british"... we're SCOTTISH RAAAAHHHH but other than that... just give us the colour story!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Quote:

th_LMAO.gif