MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

HeatherAnn

I wonder if the color story is being delayed b/c they are trying to find a way to work in some of the the unsellable Rodarte collection items under new names....

Visi

HeatherAnn, I was thinking the same! I do hope they will put Badlands pigment in there, I really want that one!

cocolicouss

I am obsessed with the pouches and those tins are really cute as well and would be great to old lipliners and eyeliners
yahoo.gif
just want more details. Usually the Holiday Collections come out in October right? I'm hoping to get my hands on it before my trip at the end of October and is it me or does that blue pigment look like the one from Alice and Olivia Collection

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I will be getting the pink lips set,just because I can never resist it!
cutey.gif

well yeah this is one of the reasons why i am getting it! hee hee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
I really want almost every pigment! :-D

true!
thmbup.gif
drools.gif

Nzsallyb

the more i look at the pics the more i want. am definitely after a pigment set (i am getting a wee bit obsessive with collecting vials for some reason), maybe a lip set and smoky eyes palette (since i love smoky eyes).

but can we please have colour story info? pleeeeeeeeaase?

LMD84

i'm not a fan of the pigment vials because i find it hard to use the pigment! i keep the vials but transfer alot of the pigment to a sample jar which is easier for me to work with
smiles.gif

Shoegal-fr

Or... press half of the vial! That's what i do, and i use my pigments more often than way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i'm not a fan of the pigment vials because i find it hard to use the pigment! i keep the vials but transfer alot of the pigment to a sample jar which is easier for me to work with
smiles.gif

NotteRequiem

Quote:
smiles.gif

I do like collecting the empty vial jars though... I have no idea why, but I think they're so cute when all lined up.
thmbup.gif

HOTasFCUK

The problem with them working in the products from Rodarte was the LE special packaging. I'm not sure if it was printed on or its a sticker, but maybe they had to scrap everything because of the special packaging? I just want more pics and the color story. I can't believe we already knew in July last year what was happening and now this year nothing!

cutegingerbread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
The problem with them working in the products from Rodarte was the LE special packaging. I'm not sure if it was printed on or its a sticker, but maybe they had to scrap everything because of the special packaging? I just want more pics and the color story. I can't believe we already knew in July last year what was happening and now this year nothing!

I agree! I need time to plan...save up...dream about having the products in my hand! (jk...sorta...
mac_addict.gif
)

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnn
I wonder if the color story is being delayed b/c they are trying to find a way to work in some of the the unsellable Rodarte collection items under new names....

Exactly what had crossed my mind.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Or... press half of the vial! That's what i do, and i use my pigments more often than way!

i should start to press some pigments! might be fun for me!
smiles.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK

That's what I was thinking. As much as I don't want to see the products wasted, I think the packaging could make them difficult to rework. I think that if the products ever see the light of day, they'll have to be fabricated from scratch once again.

dbecker87

I went in to see if my MUA was there, but she wasn't... I'll try again later today.

I think MAC may be trying to hype up this collection a little more (maybe to make up for the lost Rodarte sales), and thus are keeping the details to themselves for now.

Shoegal-fr

You definitely should!

I once spent a whole day pressing. Felt like a little scientist, it was good, fun and very satisfying to see the results!

Quote:
i should start to press some pigments! might be fun for me!
smiles.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
I will be getting the pink lips set,just because I can never resist it!
cutey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
iagree.gif

Well, its a given - but, me THREE
greengrin.gif

ahh, you guys already new that
tong.gif

alinabina

Hmmm all of the talk about pressing pigments is making me want to do that... even though ive only got 4 might as well start now
smiles.gif
Where do you guys get empty eyeshadow pants to press them in? Are you only able to order them online or do you guys know what stores to get them in if there are any that sell them?

Flaminbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinabina
Hmmm all of the talk about pressing pigments is making me want to do that... even though ive only got 4 might as well start now
smiles.gif
Where do you guys get empty eyeshadow pants to press them in? Are you only able to order them online or do you guys know what stores to get them in if there are any that sell them?

I got mine on ebay from a seller in Hong Kong. It took about 3 weeks to get here but they were cheap. I bought the pressing medium from Coastal Scents. Only thing I found out though is that it doesnt seem MAC's matte pigments press well.....they get all hard like. I think I read after I did Smoke Signals that in general it's common for mattes to not press so avoid doing that. I'm glad I only did one pan otherwise I'd not have that pigment to use
ssad.gif