MAC - Holiday 2010 A Tartan Tale Discussion

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinabina
Hmmm all of the talk about pressing pigments is making me want to do that... even though ive only got 4 might as well start now
smiles.gif
Where do you guys get empty eyeshadow pants to press them in? Are you only able to order them online or do you guys know what stores to get them in if there are any that sell them?

I actually pressed my piggies today haha! I get my pans online for super cheap, and I get them within a few days. I have never seen empty eyeshadow pans in stores, I don't think that makeup addicts like us are common enough to stock them in stores lol!
cutey.gif

On an on-topic note, I am super excited about the packaging for this collection; it calls to me! I am going to have to get something from this collection just because I think the packaging is so cute!

PlatinumV

Since you are all so skilled with pressing pigments and I am totally terrified at the idea of doing a mess and wasting all my precious powders, is there anyone who wants to press also mine? :-D

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
Since you are all so skilled with pressing pigments and I am totally terrified at the idea of doing a mess and wasting all my precious powders, is there anyone who wants to press also mine? :-D

iagree.gif
anybody wanna do mine too?!
tong.gif

Shoegal-fr

I got the pans and the tiny spoons at Costal Scents.

I pressed my MAC pigments with rubbing alcohol. I didn't press any matte or glitter though, cuz these are trickier to press. HTH
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinabina
Hmmm all of the talk about pressing pigments is making me want to do that... even though ive only got 4 might as well start now
smiles.gif
Where do you guys get empty eyeshadow pants to press them in? Are you only able to order them online or do you guys know what stores to get them in if there are any that sell them?

spunky

if you need pans to press your piggies - give me a wee PM, i've got loads of spare pans!

ARGH whyyy have we not got any info? this is starting to stress me out! i need to make lists/budgets and it's impossible just now
ssad.gif

PlatinumV

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
ARGH whyyy have we not got any info? this is starting to stress me out! i need to make lists/budgets and it's impossible just now
ssad.gif

stress? stress? I am so damn angry! I am totally in love with the wonderful 239 brush M·A·C Cosmetics | 239 Eye Shader Brush lately I use it for almost everything, it is so versatile, it packs so much product, I love it! I so totally love it that I was thinking of trying again with a brush set (but I would go to test them before purchasing
nonono.gif
) just in case there's one. [being white, I wash it after every use. So I would probably miss the brush in about 6 months!
ssad.gif
]
But they are not releasing this colour story, I am soooooo angry!
angry.gif

Rinstar

I just pressed some piggies this weekend too! I made a quad out of Pink Opal, Golden Lemon, Chartreuse, and Partylicious! Partylicious pressed very well if anyone was wondering.
For you ladies who are afraid to press your own pigments, check out some of the tutorials here on Specktra. I was afraid too, but after reading a how-to, I've now done it successfully a few times!

Speaking of pigments, i can't wait for the two from this collection!!!!!!!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
ssad.gif

Same! I can't take the stress
tong.gif
How do I know how much to cut from VV? I need to budget! This is a horrendous situation! Counting the days to Erin's update- I really can't take this anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
ooohh your pressed piggies are like pron to me!
tong.gif

iagree.gif
Especially that light blue.
th_drool.gif
And all of the nudes in one place, and the jewel red and green and.... ALL OF IT!
th_thstars.gif

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
ooohh your pressed piggies are like pron to me!
tong.gif

Thank you hun
th_kiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Same! I can't take the stress
tong.gif
How do I know how much to cut from VV? I need to budget! This is a horrendous situation! Counting the days to Erin's update- I really can't take this anymore.

iagree.gif
Especially that light blue.
th_drool.gif
And all of the nudes in one place, and the jewel red and green and.... ALL OF IT!
th_thstars.gif

Thank you!!!
th_kiss.gif

That light blue is Mutiny (from Naughty Nauticals / A rose romance), it's gorgeousssssssssssss, i love it too!

miss-lilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoegal-fr
Thank you hun
th_kiss.gif

Thank you!!!
th_kiss.gif

That light blue is Mutiny (from Naughty Nauticals / A rose romance), it's gorgeousssssssssssss, i love it too!

Oh stop it with the piggie pressing discussion everyone! It makes me want to leave work and go press my pigments
tong.gif

The thing is that it sounds complicated and I have no idea where to find the things required for it (and I just checked CS website and the int. shipping prices are CRAZY
angry.gif
)

cocolicouss

Quote:
Or... press half of the vial! That's what i do, and i use my pigments more often than way!

I agree I get more use out of my pigments when they are pressed and working with the vials is soo hard because the opening is so small and maybe that is the reason why I never even look at the pigment sets even though they are so pretty

katred

Specktra Bestie
It seems like somehow the brakes got put on this collection. For a brief time, there was a flow of information- first the names, a bit of a break,
then the initial pictures, then the pictures of the sets and then everything just went quiet. I agree with those who think that Mac is trying to get the most out of VV by holding off on releasing any more information about future collections that might "distract".

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
It seems like somehow the brakes got put on this collection. For a brief time, there was a flow of information- first the names, a bit of a break,
then the initial pictures, then the pictures of the sets and then everything just went quiet. I agree with those who think that Mac is trying to get the most out of VV by holding off on releasing any more information about future collections that might "distract".

I understand hyping VV, but I honestly think they won't make much on this collection. Since they haven't been releasing info, people will spend all of their makeup budget on VV. I also think that's why FF hasn't had any major selling out- people are saving for VV. At least there hasn't been as much FF selling out as I would have assumed. I'll still be buying from TT, but since I don't know much, I'll be spending some of my TT budget on VV.
yes.gif

spunky

Quote:
I understand hyping VV, but I honestly think they won't make much on this collection. Since they haven't been releasing info, people will spend all of their makeup budget on VV. I also think that's why FF hasn't had any major selling out- people are saving for VV. At least there hasn't been as much FF selling out as I would have assumed. I'll still be buying from TT, but since I don't know much, I'll be spending some of my TT budget on VV.
yes.gif

not even that, people will be budgeting for christmas now and it'll be on other brands that HAVE released their holiday info. their loss.

Shoegal-fr

I'm not really sure there will be a profit issue on the holiday collection. I know that, usually, those type of collections attract more people who aren't really into MAC than MAC addicts.
Usually, the holiday collections and the gift sets are just physically advertised in the stores, with all the display shelves and Christmas animations, you know.
Honestly, during Christmas time, people don't question themselves a lot, they just buy whatever comes in gift sets... whatever looks "christmas-sy"

Quote:
yes.gif

Quote:
not even that, people will be budgeting for christmas now and it'll be on other brands that HAVE released their holiday info. their loss.

laylalovesmac

Quote:

Exactly! That's what I mean- people are using their money for other things because MAC hasn't given us time to budget.
tong.gif

Quote:
I'm not really sure there will be a profit issue on the holiday collection. I know that, usually, those type of collections attract more people who aren't really into MAC than MAC addicts.
Usually, the holiday collections and the gift sets are just physically advertised in the stores, with all the display shelves and Christmas animations, you know.
Honestly, during Christmas time, people don't question themselves a lot, they just buy whatever comes in gift sets... whatever looks "christmas-sy"

Very true. I'm just saying that for the makeup addicts, they probably won't spend as much since they're buying other stuff they already know about.
yes.gif

Shoegal-fr

I totally agree!

However, i know that i'm weak, and i will definitely cave in and buy more than i should from this collection
tong.gif

Give me anything Christmas related, i just can't resist.

Quote:
Very true. I'm just saying that for the makeup addicts, they probably won't spend as much since they're buying other stuff they already know about.
yes.gif