MAC N Color Collection discussion

La_Belle

I really dislike lustre e/s
Very curious about Nanogold though! Because the description seems right down my alley
Wonder how different it is from other lustres, if it's still a lustre???

newagetomatoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Belle
I really dislike lustre e/s
Very curious about Nanogold though! Because the description seems right down my alley
Wonder how different it is from other lustres, if it's still a lustre???

That's actually a really good question. The only thing I can think is that it is formulated slightly different than the other lustres, but not enough to fall into any of the other categories. But I really have no clue
th_dunno.gif

Kristal

Is nanogold's texture similar to swimming's texture or is it similar to honeylust's texture?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristal_Uhles
Is nanogold's texture similar to swimming's texture or is it similar to honeylust's texture?

its more like swimming. it doesn't flake all over like honey lust does. it's not really gold either. its a duochrome. to me it is like retrospeck one way, and seedy pearl the other. thats how it swatched on me. i wouldn't classify it as gold at all.

i'm not feeling this collection at all. neither is the rest of my counter. im all about smokey eyes and a nude lip, but even the nude lips in this collection are disappointing. the only thing i like is the light flush MSF and the dark edge shadow (it will make a great smokey eye
yes.gif
). i think alot of people will be disappointed once they actually see the stuff in person. just my opinion.

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
its more like swimming. it doesn't flake all over like honey lust does. it's not really gold either. its a duochrome. to me it is like retrospeck one way, and seedy pearl the other. thats how it swatched on me. i wouldn't classify it as gold at all.

i'm not feeling this collection at all. neither is the rest of my counter. im all about smokey eyes and a nude lip, but even the nude lips in this collection are disappointing. the only thing i like is the light flush MSF and the dark edge shadow (it will make a great smokey eye
yes.gif
). i think alot of people will be disappointed once they actually see the stuff in person. just my opinion.

Hmmmm...and I was looking forward to this collection too...
ssad.gif
Are the lippies bad? I mean, do they give fair color payoff even though most of them are lustres? How about the lipglasses? Or does it look like "nothing" on? I know the collection is neutral, but if you can't see it at all...
Is that what you mean by most people being disappointed with this collection IRL? I really am into the smokey eye/nude lippie look right now so I was getting all excited about this.
ssad.gif

HOTasFCUK

So far i'm liking this collection but i can't wait to see it in person! I never wear too many pinks or purples and forget about anything yellow, green, or blue so i prefer more neutrel colours like this collection! Can't wait for the MSF's!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
Hmmmm...and I was looking forward to this collection too...
ssad.gif
Are the lippies bad? I mean, do they give fair color payoff even though most of them are lustres? How about the lipglasses? Or does it look like "nothing" on? I know the collection is neutral, but if you can't see it at all...
Is that what you mean by most people being disappointed with this collection IRL? I really am into the smokey eye/nude lippie look right now so I was getting all excited about this.
ssad.gif

they're ok. i just don't find the colors all that flattering. i just think they could've come up with more flattering nude colors. but it could just be the "smokey/color" side of me that doesn't like it.

i forgot the neutral pink shadow is kinda pretty. if i get it in gratis great, but i don't think i'll be buying any of this collection myself.

soco210

I was told the 10th as well at my MAC counter in Macy's. the cards might have been printed before they moved up the date

Fairybelle

Quote:
they're ok. i just don't find the colors all that flattering. i just think they could've come up with more flattering nude colors. but it could just be the "smokey/color" side of me that doesn't like it.

i forgot the neutral pink shadow is kinda pretty. if i get it in gratis great, but i don't think i'll be buying any of this collection myself.

Well, sounds like I should check this out in person rather than buying it online! Thanks for the details erine!!!
choochoo.gif

gigglegirl

Quote:
the only thing i like is the light flush MSF and the dark edge shadow...I think alot of people will be disappointed once they actually see the stuff in person. just my opinion.

What do you feel about the several new natural msfs, are they like Blah whatever, just another natural? I'm looking forward to the Light Medium...we'll see! And you have me wanting Nanogold since Honey Lust and I are not on good terms...lol

FrazzledOne

Quote:
nanogold is a lustre, but its not like the regular lustres.

I am glad Nanogold is not one of those horrible lustres, I am not a fan of them. Does anyone know the formula for the rest of the shadows?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
What do you feel about the several new natural msfs, are they like Blah whatever, just another natural? I'm looking forward to the Light Medium...we'll see! And you have me wanting Nanogold since Honey Lust and I are not on good terms...lol

they fit perfectly inbetween all the other naturals. it gives a much better range of colors. i normally wear light in the fall and winter (it is just a little too light) and medium in the summer. now i can switch to light medium when i am my normal pasty self.
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazzledOne
I am glad Nanogold is not one of those horrible lustres, I am not a fan of them. Does anyone know the formula for the rest of the shadows?

the rest are satins, except for rich flesh (matte).

aziajs

Quote:
the rest are satins, except for rich flesh (matte).

Satins are my faaaaave!

newagetomatoz

Quote:
its more like swimming. it doesn't flake all over like honey lust does. it's not really gold either. its a duochrome. to me it is like retrospeck one way, and seedy pearl the other. thats how it swatched on me. i wouldn't classify it as gold at all. ...

Aww, poo. I just love gold eyeshadows. And now I see that the N Color Collection sticky has changed Nanogold to "yellowed beige with pink duochrome." That just sucks the fun out of the color! Thank you erine1881! Now I might try other colors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Belle
Thank you erine1881
you killed my Nanogold lemming, more $$$ for other goodies!
smiles.gif

^^I couldn't agree more!!

spendtoomuch

In the pictures of the new eyeshadows, does anyone know what the top middle one is. That is the one that looks like exactly what I have been looking for.

Winthrop44

I was wondering what all of the e/s were myself. The only ones I'm reasonably sure of are Nanogold, Neutral Pink and Dark Edge...and I suppose I could be wrong there too! LOL We will know soon enough.

lilMAClady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I was wondering what all of the e/s were myself. The only ones I'm reasonably sure of are Nanogold, Neutral Pink and Dark Edge...and I suppose I could be wrong there too! LOL We will know soon enough.

Those are the EXACT ones I plan on getting!!
yes.gif

spendtoomuch

I know, I think 3 or 4 of them say they are brown, but only two look on the brown side. I can't figure out what the one is that I like. I will have to order on line since I won't be at a counter, so I want to make sure I order the correct one.