MAC N Color Collection discussion

jenntoz

I'm kinda sad, the collection looks so blah on the site.
thmbdn.gif
I really need some swatches or to see it IRL before I get anything.

karinaf

i would say that this killed all my lemmings minus the MSFs, but we shall see Thursday when I go see this collection in person.

elegant-one

I ordered the three darker shadows, light flush, 3N lipstick, and 2N lipglass. I wanted to order the Mineral foundation, but they just give the great natural coverage that BE does...so I passed on it. Unless the formula is new this time.

Love Always Ivy

i went to my MAC counter yesterday and asked when the N collection was coming out and the MA looked at me like i was crazy.

dear god please give me your job.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
A Mei is up on the site as well.

Placed my order.....

I did a live chat last week and they told me it was NOT going to be sold on maccosmetics.com.....It could be they changed their mind because so many of us "live-chatted" our desire to have it sold online..

And the good news is I don't have to pay $7 shipping to the SOHO store....
cutey.gif

Chachababy

Yay, it's up on the website! I actually got really excited it came out earlier than the 10th or 17th. I wonder why MAC keeps changing the dates? Do you think it's at the stores too today?

xbrookecorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chachababy
Yay, it's up on the website! I actually got really excited it came out earlier than the 10th or 17th. I wonder why MAC keeps changing the dates? Do you think it's at the stores too today?

Nono, when something goes for sale on the site on the Tuesday of the week, it almost always means the collection is available at stores/counters on the Thursday of that week. So yup the 10th, this Thursday!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
*sigh* my bubble is slowly being popped. :/

Yeah, the online swatches just aren't tripping my trigger. I'll probably get 5N unless it's really brown and maybe one or two eyeshadows, and of course an MSF (both if I really like them). I'm a little curious about the Demi-Blanc n/p, though. I guess I'll just wait for this to get to a CCO for anything I like, but don't love.

starangel2383

i just viewed the website about the new collection and this is probably the first time i wont buy a single thing from a new mac collection. i was not impressed at all by the color choices or lack of color. which is good so that way i can save my money up for Fafi and Heatherette when it comes out, especially Fafi, after those pictures that i saw.

dp3

Thanks for all the information everyone! I have a question about the MSF Naturals. Are they used as powders or foundations? Are they different from the Mineralized Powder Foundations that are coming out?

xStefanie711

I just ordered as well! I'm so excited! From the N collection I only got the MSF in Light Flush. From A Mei I got the Bold Eye palette and the lipglass in Love rules.

spectrolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3
Thanks for all the information everyone! I have a question about the MSF Naturals. Are they used as powders or foundations? Are they different from the Mineralized Powder Foundations that are coming out?

You can use them as either a powder or a foundation. They are very, very versatile. I use mine as a light-medium coverage foundation every day. You can buff the product in nicely with a kabuki.

The mineralized foundations that are coming out afaik are a loose powder that comes with its own brush. I'm assuming that they will provide more coverage than an MSF since they are being marketed as foundations. Maybe they will be kind of like an MSF in powder form?? I can't wait to find out
smiles.gif
!

MsCocoa

Now I checked the site I think I'll only maybe want the Warmed MSF depending on how it is IRL, at least I won't feel bad when Fafi comes out.

juicyaddict

i am down to the bottom of my medium dark MSF so i am anxious to see the new shades like medium plus and medium deep if it is more NC. i still have my medium but i find it light for me.

MaryJane

I am loving this collection, I am a big fan of the natural/nude look. Depending on how it looks in person, I'll get most of the lipsticks and eyeshadows. I'm splurging since I don't plan on getting anything from Fafi or Heatherette.

elegant-one

I'm like you...basically a natural nudes look. If i do use color on my eyes, I apply it over cream color base root. It gives you just the right pop of color without looking like Mimi from the drew carey show.