MAC N Color Collection discussion

angelamarie

This collection is so exciting for me...I'm loving nearly everything!
I just ordered:
Light Flush MSF
Warmed MSF
Nanogold e/s
Neutral Pink e/s
Rich Flesh e/s

I can't wait to see actual swatches of the lip stuff and paint pots!

karinaf

the mac pro store in toronto isnt releasing them until tomorrow >.< poop! the MA on the phone said everything was really pretty, though, and everyone at the store was in love with the entire collection.

my lemming is still dead until i see it in person tomorrow though!

jessicalovesmac

I need swatches. *sigh* Maybe I'll just go with my gut and buy the few things I'm eyeballing today. I only have one MSF and that's one I managed to snag from Ebay.

Love Always Ivy

i feel like i really need to see them in person to decide what i want.
ssad.gif

AudreyNicole

I can not believe we have no pictures or swatches yet. I have a gift certificate to Nordstrom from Christmas, so I will be headed there first thing in the morning, but I was still hoping to see *something* before I went so I don't impulse buy. Neutrals aren't my thing really anyway, but I am afraid I will be more tempted than normal to buy since I have the g/c. I know I will definately be getting Lush Flush MSF, and I have 2 sets of empties for B2M so that will take care of the lipsticks I want. I kept hearing the face charts were fabulous for this collection, and honestly, they do nothing for me. *sigh*

Winthrop44

The face charts don't do anything for me either Audrey. I spoke with an online artist yesterday afternoon, told her I was NC15 with yellow undertones, dk blonde/green, and she suggested the 3 lightest shadows and 2N lipgloss for me. I think I probably have more nude lip products than I could ever use in my lifetime and many that I love so I'm skipping the 2N, but I'm going to give the e/s she suggested plus Remotely Grey a try.

elegant-one

My wish from the MAC site...could you PLEASE give us some better photos/swatches of the actual product..thats what all of us really want!!!
Maybe even give us some actual face makeovers instead of pieces of paper to view.

The swatches of colors you give us...well...they just plain suck
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
The face charts don't do anything for me either Audrey. I spoke with an online artist yesterday afternoon, told her I was NC15 with yellow undertones, dk blonde/green, and she suggested the 3 lightest shadows and 2N lipgloss for me. I think I probably have more nude lip products than I could ever use in my lifetime and many that I love so I'm skipping the 2N, but I'm going to give the e/s she suggested plus Remotely Grey a try.

I am going to try a live chat too, I think. I am fair like you (NW15/pink undertones/dark blonde/blue). I think this is the first collection in a long time where I am totally unsure where I stand. Either I love them or hate them. I guess since we haven't seen or heard much about it, I could take it or leave it
th_dunno.gif
Watch, now tomorrow, I will go and want one of everything
cutey.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am going to try a live chat too, I think. I am fair like you (NW15/pink undertones/dark blonde/blue). I think this is the first collection in a long time where I am totally unsure where I stand. Either I love them or hate them. I guess since we haven't seen or heard much about it, I could take it or leave it
th_dunno.gif
Watch, now tomorrow, I will go and want one of everything
cutey.gif

I know...I was seriously thinking of skipping the whole collection but then got into a bad mood and just had to buy something!!! LOLOLOL

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
My wish from the MAC site...could you PLEASE give us some better photos/swatches of the actual product..thats what all of us really want!!!
Maybe even give us some actual face makeovers instead of pieces of paper to view.

The swatches of colors you give us...well...they just plain suck
smiles.gif

If I could thank you 20 times for this comment I would! So true!!!

AudreyNicole

Ok I just did a live-chat and wanted to share some useful snip-its. I asked about the eyeshadows, lipsticks, Light Flush MSF and the nailpolishes...

- Neutral Pink Eye Shadow is a pretty pink and Nanogold Eye Shadow is a pretty creamy beige. Otherwise, the rest you can pretty much put into a brown category.

- Nanogold Eye Shadow looks like it could be a combination of Vapour and Shroom Eye Shadow but in a Lustre.

- And Neutral Pink Eye Shadow looks like a combination of Mink Pink Eye Shadow with a little Girlie Eye Shadow.

- Light Flush Mineralize Skinfinish is more along the lines of Porcelain Pink MSF. (Not dark enough to use as a blush, even for NW15).

- 1N is more of a golden pink, 2N is a nude pink and 3N is a pale pink mauve.

- 3N looks like a combination of Hue and Faux Lipsticks.

- The green pearl is noticeable in Demi Blanc, but it's not a heavy pearl.

- And the N Colour and Naturally Rich Nail Lacquers are very neutral, nudes.
Naturally Rich reminds me of a Hershey chocolate bar.

Hope that helps someone!!
smiles.gif

elegant-one

I love going to her site to see the swatches & actual product photos. I thought she would have new N swatches/photos tomorrow morning!

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Dreammmmy...looks like chocolates
drools.gif

Yes, dreamy is right. I ordered a couple of things on line yesterday, well just because I had to, but I'm going in the store tomorrow and let loose. I can't wait to see some of your N Collection FOTDs.

Fairybelle

Quote:
Ok I just did a live-chat and wanted to share some useful snip-its. I asked about the eyeshadows, lipsticks, Light Flush MSF and the nailpolishes...

- Neutral Pink Eye Shadow is a pretty pink and Nanogold Eye Shadow is a pretty creamy beige. Otherwise, the rest you can pretty much put into a brown category.

- Nanogold Eye Shadow looks like it could be a combination of Vapour and Shroom Eye Shadow but in a Lustre.

- And Neutral Pink Eye Shadow looks like a combination of Mink Pink Eye Shadow with a little Girlie Eye Shadow.

- Light Flush Mineralize Skinfinish is more along the lines of Porcelain Pink MSF. (Not dark enough to use as a blush, even for NW15).

- 1N is more of a golden pink, 2N is a nude pink and 3N is a pale pink mauve.

- 3N looks like a combination of Hue and Faux Lipsticks.

- The green pearl is noticeable in Demi Blanc, but it's not a heavy pearl.

- And the N Colour and Naturally Rich Nail Lacquers are very neutral, nudes.
Naturally Rich reminds me of a Hershey chocolate bar.

Hope that helps someone!!
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole--you rock!
yahoo.gif
Thanks for getting this info for us. Now I REALLY want 3N...sounds soooo perfect. I think I am getting the Warmed MSF. I have too many pink-hued MSF's like Northern Light and Porcelain Pink that I need to use more.

princess

I'm actually pissed that they kept the Light Flush MSF so well this time. No swatches, no pictures, not even on Ebay.

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
AudreyNicole--you rock!
yahoo.gif
Thanks for getting this info for us. Now I REALLY want 3N...sounds soooo perfect. I think I am getting the Warmed MSF. I have too many pink-hued MSF's like Northern Light and Porcelain Pink that I need to use more.

You're welcome
smiles.gif
I am actually a little more excited than I was before! Tomorrow can't come soon enough! I am a sucker for all things pink, and that pink MSF and those pink lipsticks have my name ALL over them
smiles.gif

I agree, it does look Bobbi Brown-ish, but that is ok by me because I love her looks, just prefer MAC makeup over BB.

elegant-one

Quote:
I am a sucker for all things pink, and that pink MSF and those pink lipsticks have my name ALL over them

I was thinking the same thing...if it has pink in it...I want/have to have it!