MAC N Color Collection discussion

jenntoz

I experimented with the offer codes & if you put "ncollection" you get free shipping
th_DANCE.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagetomatoz
This sort of a random question, but does anybody know if Remotely Grey is at all similar to Moth Brown?

I was wondering the exact same thing! And, if its close to French Grey. French Grey is pretty close to Clue. Clue may have just a tad more grey to it.

Winthrop44

I was wondering how remotely grey fits in with all those too...to me Clue is a tad cooler than French Grey and MB is the coolest of all. Maybe the real question should be can anyone but us tell the difference once they're on? LOL

lainetm

Well, I'm thrilled to see a range of nice neutrals. I am *so* not the Fafi or Heatherette type! Will have to hit my local Mac store after work on Thursday!

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3
Thanks for all the information everyone! I have a question about the MSF Naturals. Are they used as powders or foundations? Are they different from the Mineralized Powder Foundations that are coming out?

they're a powder. use them by themselves or to set a foundation. they are not a foundation. hth.
winks.gif

kyoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainetm
Well, I'm thrilled to see a range of nice neutrals. I am *so* not the Fafi or Heatherette type! Will have to hit my local Mac store after work on Thursday!

I'm thrilled as well, I lean toward a nice polished neutral look with just a hint of color. Now if I could only improve my skin and application skills. I'm not feeling Heatherette at all, but I'm lovin Fafi so that I can add some nice hints of color to my face for Spring.

electrostars

I just heard from another friend of mine that the LIGHT FLUSH MSF is petticoat & pleasureflush's baby! lol.

yum!

kimmy

i hope it comes out on the tenth...because i need to get in on those lipsticks. omgz love!

i wonder about 1n lipstick though, the website says it's a lustre finish but the photo is like the ones they use for amplified creams. i would effing die if they made a nude amplified cream.

gigglegirl

unimpressed with MAC's version of swatches. But I'm thinking I may get that Deep Choc Brown e/s and perhaps a couple more >< I want to see these swatches on humans damn it! LOL Just a couple days and I can see them in person! I'm holding out hope!

I'm liking the neutral pink MAC pic though, the stock photo one was like "meh" another pink. But yes, I'm now pumped!

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i hope it comes out on the tenth...because i need to get in on those lipsticks. omgz love!

i wonder about 1n lipstick though, the website says it's a lustre finish but the photo is like the ones they use for amplified creams. i would effing die if they made a nude amplified cream.

I am dying for the lipsticks too! I heard N1 was a glaze finish, and the rest were lustres
th_dunno.gif
Are you getting anything other than the lippies?
smiles.gif

SMMY

What surprises me is that no pictures have shown up yet, especially of the msfs, when there are already lots picture of Fafi, which is at least a month away. This is one of the few times a collection has been released that I can recall, with no sneak previews of the products. I am really hoping that the light flush is more reminiscent of lightscapade in finish, instead of like some of the more chunky, glittery messes that were released with Flashtronic.

I am somewhat tempted by the neutral pink eye shadow too, but need to see it first. The rest looks fairly skipable to me.

sitasati

I'm not getting anything from this collection because A. lustre lipsticks suck and B. I'm not a MSF person. The last msf I bought was the new vegas from Mcqueen and it wasn't all that. But this means I can get loadssssssss of stuff from fafi ..and I'm not feeling heatherette so much unless it comes with quads!
greengrin.gif

karinaf

I am calling my pro store (toronto) today to see if they have it on display yet. if they do im going to go check it out, and i hope im not disappointed!

jenntoz

I got the offical free shipping email today... its "NCOLOUR" valid for free shipping through midnight Jan 25.
OK, now if I could just see some swatches I could buy something!

LaurelLiz

I took a chance and bought a few items online this morning. I'll be happy to post swatches once they arrive on Friday.

I got:
Quite Natural paint pot
Nanogold e/s
Lipstick 2N
Charged Water - renewal defense

EyeshadowJunkie

Okay. I just bought the two MSF's (Warmed and Light Flush) online, I dont really care what they look like but I have all the MSF's so far and didnt want to break tradition. lol. I wanted a few eyeshadows but who knows what they really look like so I am waiting on you wonderful ladies to do swatches.

elegant-one

ok, i just got off the phone with a MAC artist & she said that the Remotely Grey shadow is similar to Satin Taupe. She also said that the lipglasses are very pretty except she personally didn't care for the lightest cream/tan shade. Her favorite was the darkest described as "a plumy brown"...she said it is very pretty on.

The 2N lipstick is close to Pretty Please & the 3N is more brown than pink (??? kinda bummed me). She said that over all, the collection is much prettier in person than online.