MAC N Color Collection discussion

gigglegirl

Thanks for the link! Okay I was looking forward to the choc. coloured pp but now its like meh. Groundwork i can pass on since its regular line. But Ochre Style--I like that its a cream...looks like it'd be closer to my skin tone for a base than say the ghastly painterly. Hmmm shall be interesting to see it in person. With regards to e/s I want them all as of right now!! Must..remember...to...compare...swatches...in...st ore tomorrow!!

gigglegirl

Why the heck does MAC show Groundwork as being green-y on their site, but actual swatches looks like a nice brown? Boo...my bad...I never swatched it in person, and have ordered pp's online so I never looked closely at it since I didn't want green. JEEZ!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
There are some swatches posted on MUA:

http://www.makeupalley.com/m~70436194/

Thanks for that. I'm really loving 2N, 3N and 5N and maybe one or two of the shadows. The MSFs are a given...warmed isn't as dark as I thought it would be and I really am liking Demi-Blanc. But I will still need to see this all in person! Off I go to MAC tomorrow!
choochoo.gif

Winthrop44

I actually prefer the Nordstrom color swatches to those on the MAC site too, so I'm looking forward to seeing those hopefully tomorrow.

elegant-one

Awwwwe...because of all the new photos, i went back & bought N2 lipstick...what a sucker i am. I love nudie lips

niftyness

Omgosh!! I went into my counter today and talked to the MAs as they were setting up the display!! I couldn't watch them put up the entire display because it was such a TEASE! But I am definitely going back tomorrow morning!! I saw lightflush/warmed and nanogold/neutral pink and some other stuff but MANNN I AM SO EXCITEDDD. Definitely getting lightflush and nanogold and we'll have to swatch the rest and see. There is this glow to lightflush that I LOVE!!!!

WEEEEEE!!

SMMY

For those who were curious about the Warmed msf, I did the online chat thing and they gave me this info.:

SMMY: Hi MAC, I'm interested in the new mineralize skinfinish in Warmed. I would like more information about the finish though. Is it smooth like Lightscapade was or more chunky and glittery like Glissade was?
MAC: Hi SMMY. I find that Warmed is smoother and not quite as glittery as Glissade.
SMMY:Also is it suitable for my skin tone (NC25) or might it be too dark?
MAC: It is golden bronze, so it will work okay for your skin tone, but don't apply it all over your face. Just along your cheekbones. It will warm your skin nicely.
SMMY: Thanks for the information, I just want to make sure before I order.
smiles.gif

MAC: You're welcome!
MAC: As a thank you for chatting with us today, I would like to offer complimentary Standard shipping with your next MAC Cosmetics Online purchase. Please enter the one-time use offer code CS83LIVECHAT during the checkout process (US Residents only).

Hope this helps someone out.
smiles.gif

elegant-one

The other day the UPS guy asked my hubby 'what is in all those little black boxes?' *snickers*- which he has been delivering waaaay too frequently When hubby told the UPS guy that it was MAC makeup the guy laughed & rolled his eyes! Hubby just responded... "a girls gotta have her makeup"
smiles.gif

lilMAClady

I wonder how dark edge compares with showstopper? Or, if you wanted a warmer look handwritten? I don't want to have too many similar colors...how frustrating lol!

mezzamy

i really appreciate the effort that the girl on MUA has gone through to show us swatches, but i find that swatches on paper dont give me a good idea of the colour at all
ssad.gif
i know it's difficult to swatch everything on your arm and keep it in one piece, but aww...i hope some skin swatches show up soon!

Brianne333

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzamy
i really appreciate the effort that the girl on MUA has gone through to show us swatches, but i find that swatches on paper dont give me a good idea of the colour at all
ssad.gif
i know it's difficult to swatch everything on your arm and keep it in one piece, but aww...i hope some skin swatches show up soon!

Me too! I like to see them on skin - I really hope someone posts some skin swatches soon, the anticipation is killing me hehe!

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
The other day the UPS guy asked my hubby 'what is in all those little black boxes?' *snickers*- which he has been delivering waaaay too frequently When hubby told the UPS guy that it was MAC makeup the guy laughed & rolled his eyes! Hubby just responded... "a girls gotta have her makeup"
smiles.gif

th_LMAO.gif
I have often wondered what my UPS guy thinks!!!

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3
Thanks for all the information everyone! I have a question about the MSF Naturals. Are they used as powders or foundations? Are they different from the Mineralized Powder Foundations that are coming out?

I use th MSF natural as a fondation...I take my big fluffy brush
(132 for mac user I think lol)or 187..and buff my face all over with the product..than I spary my brush w/ fix+ and dab all over my face..set my eyes w/ some udpp ..as that dry ..etc etc..you'll get a nice even coverage..everyone loves how my skin looks w/ that..once that dry do the norm..I apply blush etc
winks.gif