MAC N Color Collection discussion

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoto
What city are you in? I've called my local Mac store twice to make sure and they've confirmed that it will out and available to purchase tomorrow.

I was in the Mac store in Towson Town Center in Towson Maryland.
th_dunno.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
th_LMAO.gif
I have often wondered what my UPS guy thinks!!!

My UPS guy thinks it's great!! He said as long as I keep ordering, he will always have a job.!!
th_DANCE.gif

elegant-one

I was curious about 1N lipstick (looks like thats the one the model is using in the site promo pic) - the MAC Artist I just talked with on the phone said it is similar to Brew but more beige than white - very sheer, very subtle gold not a pronounced presence of gold. She said it is beautiful, she loves it but you need to wear a liner with it.

I ordered 3 lipsticks, I guess whats one more.

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I was curious about 1N lipstick (looks like thats the one the model is using in the site promo pic) - the MAC Artist I just talked with on the phone said it is similar to Brew but more beige than white - very sheer, very subtle gold not a pronounced presence of gold. She said it is beautiful, she loves it but you need to wear a liner with it.

I ordered 3 lipsticks, I guess whats one more.

What 3 did you end up getting?

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
What 3 did you end up getting?

2,3,4 N & 2N lipglass - they're supposed to be delivered tomorrow! I'll post how I like them (please let me like them)

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by supko
The MSF pic posted there really makes me want to buy Light Flush, though it probably wouldn't really show up on my NC35/40 skintone :/ as more than a pinkish glow.

It really does look pretty! It would probably look lovely on you over top a deeper rose color blush. Or, it may just give a nice day glow to your face on its own.

caroni99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeuplovingal
Here are some really good pics of the Lightflush MSF (with comparison of Porcelain Pink MSF) from LJ!! I can't wait for mine to arrive today!

mac_cosmetics: N Collection

Light Flush reminds me a lot of Northern Light MSF from Flashtronic....I wonder if I should bring it with me to the counter to compare or would that seem really weird?

Makeuplovingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroni99
Light Flush reminds me a lot of Northern Light MSF from Flashtronic....I wonder if I should bring it with me to the counter to compare or would that seem really weird?

That's what it reminds me of too! Mine is out for delivery today, so hopefully in a few hours I can compare!

But I would bring my MSF with me to the counter, LOL, if I hadn't already ordered it online!
smiles.gif

Millason

Last night I did a live chat in order to get color advice. Here is the conversation:

info: Hello. Thank you for your interest in MAC Cosmetics. My name is Brandy. How may I assist you?
Millason: Hi! I am looking for recommendations for the N colllection. I want something nude, but also fresh-faced. Not as dramatic as the looks I've seen posted on the website.
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Hi Millason! I am happy to help![/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Are you looking for a complete look or for a specific product?[/SIZE]
Millason: a complete look
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Great! If you have a couple moments, I am happy to create an entire look for you which will include eye, cheek, and lip recommendations as well as step by step application instructions. Do you have the time?[/SIZE]
Millason: Yes
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Great! I am working on your look right now. It will be just a bit longer. Thanks for your time!![/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Millason, here is your look that I have created for you from our N collection.[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] M·A·C Eye Colours[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Satin Eye Shadow - REMOTELY GRAY - a dirty grey brown[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Satin Eye Shadow - NEUTRAL PINK - a dirty mid-tone blue pink[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Technakohl Liner - GRAPHBLACK - a rich black[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Pro Lash Mascara - COAL BLACK - a rich black[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] M·A·C Cheek Colours[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Mineralize Skinfinish - LIGHT FLUSH - soft pastel pink with deep bronze[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] veining[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] M·A·C Lip Colours[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Cremestick Liner - SUBLIME CULTURE - a soft nude [/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Lustre Lipstick - 3N - a milky pastel pink[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Tinted Lipglass - 2N - a glossy yellow pink[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Here are step-by-step instructions for creating this look:[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Eyes:[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] - Apply REMOTELY GRAY Eye Shadow from lash to crease with the M·A·C #242[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Brush.[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] - Sweep NEUTRAL PINK Eye Shadow through the crease of your eyes with the[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] M·A·C #224 Brush to create a soft contour.[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] - Line your lashlines with GRAPHBLACK Technakohl (rich black). Top your[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] lashes with 2 coats of COAL BLACK Pro Lash Mascara.[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Cheeks:[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] - Apply LIGHT FLUSH Mineralize Skinfinish to the apples of your cheeks,[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] blending outwards towards the hairline with M·A·C Brush #129.[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Lips:[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] - Line your lips with SUBLIME CULTURE Cremestick Liner and fill in with 3N[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Lustre Lipstick. Top with the 2N Lipglass for a beautiful shine.[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Click here for the MAC Collections page.[/SIZE]
Millason: Wow! That's great.
Millason: Thank you so much.
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] You are welcome! These colors are perfect for your coloring![/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] At the end of this chat session, you may request to have a transcript of your chat sent to you via email by completing our Exit Survey.[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] Is there anything else I may assist you with today?[/SIZE]
Millason: I have two other questions. #1 What is the texture of the new natural MSFs? #2 What would happen if I used them as a setting powder over my mineralize satinfinish? Would it be too much?
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural is an ultra-fine baked mineral powder designed to provide sheer, natural coverage. The low-level pearlized pigments result in a subtle glow for a refined complexion. Dust it over your skin with MAC #187 Stippling Brush. Use this product dry.[/SIZE]
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] I love using them to set Mineralize Satinfinish! You can lightly apply it...it's perfect.[/SIZE]
Millason: Well, thank you for all your help. I know it took a while to answer all of my questions. I appreciate it.
Brandy:[SIZE=+0] You are welcome! Anytime-my pleasure!![/SIZE]

I was a little concerned that she wanted me to put Remotely Grey all over the lid, but I obviously didn't say anything. Then I went to my MAC counter today and spoke with the MA. After seeing the colors in person, we agreed that Remotely Grey wouldn't be a problem for me but Neutral Pink might be since I tend to have redness in my eyes, and Netural Pink might make it more pronounced.

This is what she did:

Soft Ochre all over as base.
Modest Tone as brow highlight.
Remotely Grey all over lid.
Rich Flesh in crease and outer v.
Lined with Brownborder.
Light Flush on cheeks.
3N lipstick and 2N gloss. (I probably would have used 1N).

It was a great look. I got all of the shadows and Light Flush.

Just for reference, I wasn't impressed with Nanogold at all which was really depressing because I wanted to be. I also asked the MA about the new mineral foundation that is coming out, and she told me that it will offer the same amount of coverage as BE, then she said, "not much."

Hope this helps!

lilMAClady

Hey Thanks for posting those charts!! If you look closely there are new products mentioned, like Cash Flow paint pot which is from Fafi. I'm still combing them to fnd more!

Eleusis

Hi sweeties

Just to ask you how do you describe nanogold/modest tone compared with Nars duo e/s all about eve?

Thanks
winks.gif

astronaut

It's now 9:37 AM here in California. That means there's bound to be people on the East Coast with the collection already! Come on, I wanna see pictures of this mysterious collection!

elegant-one

The first link really shows the light flush & eyeshadow swatches well. I am sooo glad that the light flush does NOT have chunky glitter in it!!!