MAC N Color Collection discussion

karinaf

I am back from my shopping escapade!

I ended up with nanogold, neutral pink, remotely grey eyeshadows, and lightflush msf.

Lightflush actually impressed me and reminded me of a darker version of porcelain pink. nanogold is a great brow highlight, and could probably even be used as a cheek highlight too. neutral pink was pretty and goes on nicely, and remotely grey reminded me a lot of french grey, which i absolutely adore, so i nabbed that.

the rest didn't look too impressive. i found modest tone and rich flesh to be too chalky, and the lipglasses and lipsticks were kind of blah. Warmed msf was ok, but i did not purchase since I have so many dark bronzing msfs to begin with!

goink

Since I'm still short in funds, I only got Light Flush. I recently bought Golden Bronzing powder and asked how Warmed is compared to Golden. The MA said that Warmed is more yellow and Golden will be more suitable for my NC20 (Asian) skin.
Both MSF are very soft. No glitter overload. Light Flush is very pretty as it has pink metallic glimmer!

dominichulinda

they said I was sometime nc42, nc43, nc44, nc45 so I dont know what I am...maybe nc44/43

sorry for ashy hands lol

l/g on top l/s on bottom I have both msf under the lippies swatched

1n-4n l/g 2n got smudged 1n-3n 5n (i belive 4n was the one missing)
1.png

2.png

3.png

what I bought
4.png

*Stargazer*

With the exception of the MSFs, which are gorgeous, I found this to be the most depressingly bland collection I've seen in ages. I was so disappointed.

summer6310

I got MSF Warm and Remotely Grey today. Warm is brown peach with shimmer, I think it works well as bronzer for me. Remotely Grey is soooo pretty. it's greyish brown, not as grey as Mothbrown. It's soft and natural, reminds me of VS model's sexy smokey eye.

The LightFlush MSF looks pretty, but I think it will only work as highlighter for me(I am about NC35) and I already have my HG from NARS. Soft Ochre P/P is like not shimmer version of Bare Study, as a neutral base personaly I like it better than Painterly P/P.

I might go back to get Soft Ochre and LightFlush... I am a sucker for all the MSF :p

summer6310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleusis
Hi sweeties

Just to ask you how do you describe nanogold/modest tone compared with Nars duo e/s all about eve?

Thanks
winks.gif

Put Nanogold/Modest Tone together, u have MAC version of AAE (Jest and Shroom will work, too)

jilliandanica

Light Flush looks gorgeous. It's look pretty close to Northern Light though maybe slightly more pink. Any thoughts on how it compares to the pink Novel Twist pearlizer?

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
With the exception of the MSFs, which are gorgeous, I found this to be the most depressingly bland collection I've seen in ages. I was so disappointed.

Overall, I was underwhelmed. I did get a few things...I'm a sucker for pink lips, so I got 2, 3, and 5N and I also got Neutral Pink because it was such a nice, cool color and of course Light Flush MSF. I really wanted to get the Warmed MSF, but it looked so orange on me, oh well. In other good news...I booked my Fafi appointment!!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliandanica
Light Flush looks gorgeous. It's look pretty close to Northern Light though maybe slightly more pink. Any thoughts on how it compares to the pink Novel Twist pearlizer?

My MAC MAs likened Light Flush to Stereo Rose...since I was off in la-la land and somehow missed Stereo Rose, I cannot personally vouch for this. But I have seen pictures of Stereo Rose, and I would tend to agree with what they said.

caroni99

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*

I just got back from the mall and was going to write the very same thing.

I ended up with both MSF's, Quite Natural paint pot (I think it will make a good base for a brown smokey eye), 4N, and 5N l/s-I'm not too sure about these two but whatever bring on Fafi.

I also got Sunspill beauty powder which I have had my eye on for a while...

I'm a brown girl MAC C5 MUFE #26 if it helps.

lian_qiu

How are the textures and blendability of the eyeshadows? I'm particularly interested in Rich Flesh, Remotely Grey and Dark Edge?

TIA

noahlowryfan

i went to the mall when it opens and walk right over to the MAC counter in Bloomingdale's. I got both MSFs and Renewal Defense Charged Water.

since the MSF Natural are permanent, I'm thinking about purchasing it when I head back to the counter when the Fafi collection comes out.

tinagrzela

Could anyone suggest a natural msf for me? I used to use Medium MSF from the previous collections, but I had to stop using it, because it was a tad too dark for me, and too warm...Do you guys think the new MSF in Medium is the same as the previous one? Would you suggest I use the Light Medium or Medium Plus? I live 5 hours from the closest MAC, so I'm stuck!!! And I absolutely fell in love with the texture and feeling of it!

Thanks dolls!!

~Crystal~

How is the veining in Light Flush? Is the veining just COLOUR as well? (like the dark veining in petticoat!!...) or is it more like the gold glittery veining that can also be found in petticoat/porcelain pink?)

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crystal~
How is the veining in Light Flush? Is the veining just COLOUR as well? (like the dark veining in petticoat!!...) or is it more like the gold glittery veining that can also be found in petticoat/porcelain pink?)

I think it's mainly just coloring, with a bit of sparkle. I made sure that I swiped over the veining several times before swatching on my hand and I didn't look like a disco ball.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela
Could anyone suggest a natural msf for me? I used to use Medium MSF from the previous collections, but I had to stop using it, because it was a tad too dark for me, and too warm...Do you guys think the new MSF in Medium is the same as the previous one? Would you suggest I use the Light Medium or Medium Plus? I live 5 hours from the closest MAC, so I'm stuck!!! And I absolutely fell in love with the texture and feeling of it!

Thanks dolls!!

go with light medium. medium plus is darker than medium, so if medium was too dark, medium plus will be darker. this medium is the same as before.

girlzippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinagrzela

Thanks dolls!!

I wear med and med/dark in the MSF, the med plus is perfect for me, if med is too dark for you med plus will be too dark. HTH

girlzippy

I have to say I was dissapointed too, I love neutrals but it was blah, at least all the lippies were.
I got nanogold(reminds me of garden lustreglass in an e/s almost)
Light Flush(love this one, reminds me of glamoursun in a MSF with some bronze, its def darker than petticoat and pleasureflush and warmer, but not stereo rose dark at all. Id say slightly darker than porcelein pink but more warm toned)
The other MSF was kind of like the warm one from the last collection, I forget the name as I didn't get either. Was def warm toned tho.
And I got the demi blanc nail polish this is such a pretty light color.
All the lippies were like repromotes nothing really interesting or new, very blah, so were most the e/s. 4N l/g is like O l/s.